Sign in to follow this  
Forum Admin

Wellbutrin (bupropion)

LVsteve,

Better mention the fast heart rate. I had that before and actual skipping of beats too on another a/d and had to stop it. Wellbutrin did make my blood pressure high and it is usually very good. Rats!! The one thing I never had to take was hbp med. Now I have to take it because the Wellbutrin making it high. Oh well, what can ya do? Strange thing too - now I take the same a/d that gave me fast heart beats at a higher dose even and it doesnt bother me. Maybe because Im taking the hbp med? I dont know. But still I would tell my doctor about that. It sounds pretty fast to me. Maybe he just needs to lower it? Also, you could ask the pharmacist about it.

Gentle Sun

i loved wellbutrin xr but had to be taken off of it because of a suspected seizure...i really think it was a hypoglycemic episode or delirium or dehydration after not eating/drinking + hadn't been taking wellbutrin for almost 20 days and then jumped right back into my reg. dosage one day + took hoodia pills that same day...blah.

hello could someone please help me i whent to my doctors this morning and asked to go on wellbutrin xl he had never heard of it said it must be a american drug is he right?i mentioned zyban said it was for help stoping smoking.

i loved wellbutrin xr but had to be taken off of it because of a suspected seizure...i really think it was a hypoglycemic episode or delirium or dehydration after not eating/drinking + hadn't been taking wellbutrin for almost 20 days and then jumped right back into my reg. dosage one day + took hoodia pills that same day...blah.

hello could someone please help me i whent to my doctors this morning and asked to go on wellbutrin xl he had never heard of it said it must be a american drug is he right?i mentioned zyban said it was for help stoping smoking.

Hi Woo and :hearts:

Wellbutrin has not been approved in all areas for the treatment of depression, so it stands to reason many doctors outside of the US may not have heard of it. I know in the UK it can be prescribed for smoking cesation only and not for depression. Are you looking for it to help with stopping smoking? IF so you may have better luck depending on the doctor..

If I can help futher let me know

I have not been on any meds in 10+years,because I am afraid of having another bad experience and secondly I did not think I was that depressed because I didn't have all the symptoms like I did back then. I have recently found out that everything that myself and my family have been going through is due to my depression. Because of a recent breakdown I am currently on day 3 of Wellbutrin SR 150mgs/day.So far I have not had any feeling good or bad. No side effects yet that I can tell. How long does it take to have side effects start? Especially seizures. My doctor told me that I should start to feel something within 5 days. Should any allergic reaction have happened already? I carry alot of anxiety and sometimes have had mild panic attacks from new medications for myself or my children. Does this medication help with anxiety as well? Any info to ease my mind would be greatly appreciated, Thank-you.

yes, it does help with anxiety.... however if you have what is called panic episodes (I MEAN YOUR HEART RACES FOR MINS AT A TIME) you will need something like lorazapam (as needed) or valium (very small dose) to calm down of the episode. As long as you take it as needed and not on a regiment you will not get addicted to them.

I have not been on any meds in 10+years,because I am afraid of having another bad experience and secondly I did not think I was that depressed because I didn't have all the symptoms like I did back then. I have recently found out that everything that myself and my family have been going through is due to my depression. Because of a recent breakdown I am currently on day 3 of Wellbutrin SR 150mgs/day.So far I have not had any feeling good or bad. No side effects yet that I can tell. How long does it take to have side effects start? Especially seizures. My doctor told me that I should start to feel something within 5 days. Should any allergic reaction have happened already? I carry alot of anxiety and sometimes have had mild panic attacks from new medications for myself or my children. Does this medication help with anxiety as well? Any info to ease my mind would be greatly appreciated, Thank-you.

yes, it does help with anxiety.... however if you have what is called panic episodes (I MEAN YOUR HEART RACES FOR MINS AT A TIME) you will need something like lorazapam (as needed) or valium (very small dose) to calm down of the episode. As long as you take it as needed and not on a regiment you will not get addicted to them.

Also, sorry I just noticed... you are on quite a bit of mg of wellbutrin. maybe it is a side effect of the meds.. give it a month or try a lower dose. my heart was racing a little when I had about 300mg a day so I can imagine.......... good luck and smile for me...

Day 5 and I can not sleep...mainly because my heart rate is up! This is driving me crazy....I'm usually 76-86 ( I run a little fast...but my pressure is good) but now it's between 86-101! At night I can feel my heart going....not really pounding but fast. I checked my pressure and it is a little higher but not bad but the heart rate makes me uneasy. Anyone else have this problem? Does it go away? My doctor would not give me anything to help me sleep...only the 150XL. Is this going to be okay? Thanks Scops

OMG, it could be me posting this........I am on my 5th day of 150mg Bupropion SR, one in the morning, and the same thing is happening to me! Everything I have been reading says this is not for anxiety but I do feel as though I am not worrying as much as usual, except today. I hope this AD can help me......

Can someone help please! I have been taking 100 mg of Prestiq for about six months...it worked sooooo good I loved it....then it just quit working...my dr switched me to wellbutrin about a week and 3 days ago...we started off with 150 mg of wellbutrin along with 50 mg of prestiq just to wean me off the prestiq....so i took both for one week and didnt really notice anything...no change in depression or over eating problems...then after the one week of taking both meds i quit taking prestiq all together and started on 300 mg of wellbutrin..i now have been taking this for three days...the first day was ok and i didnt notice anything until the second day...(yesterday).orning and afternood were pretty good and then yesterday evening i started having some symptoms that scare me...I have two toddler girls to take care of and I feel like I am not as allert as a mother should be...I was nausiated all evening along with balance problems, my eyes couldnt focus on anything while moving around(walking ect..) I cant focus on anything and I am even having a hard time typing this right now...I wonder if this is how life for me is going to be...why cant i find anything to help me...prozac makes me numb and i binge eat while taking that...i took zoloft for about a month and wanted to die...I feel lost and like I cant be there for my husband and my kids...

I am so sorry for your problems with meds. I wonder if you should of been weaned off the Pristiq for a longer period of time. It is similar to Effexor and have always read that weaning should be slow process. I would talk to my doctor more about this. Maybe see if he can do some research on it.

Can someone help please! I have been taking 100 mg of Prestiq for about six months...it worked sooooo good I loved it....then it just quit working...my dr switched me to wellbutrin about a week and 3 days ago...we started off with 150 mg of wellbutrin along with 50 mg of prestiq just to wean me off the prestiq....so i took both for one week and didnt really notice anything...no change in depression or over eating problems...then after the one week of taking both meds i quit taking prestiq all together and started on 300 mg of wellbutrin..i now have been taking this for three days...the first day was ok and i didnt notice anything until the second day...(yesterday).orning and afternood were pretty good and then yesterday evening i started having some symptoms that scare me...I have two toddler girls to take care of and I feel like I am not as allert as a mother should be...I was nausiated all evening along with balance problems, my eyes couldnt focus on anything while moving around(walking ect..) I cant focus on anything and I am even having a hard time typing this right now...I wonder if this is how life for me is going to be...why cant i find anything to help me...prozac makes me numb and i binge eat while taking that...i took zoloft for about a month and wanted to die...I feel lost and like I cant be there for my husband and my kids...

Hi and welcome to DF, spitfireray,

Those symptoms sound very troubling to me. They could be some withdrawals from Pristiq or it could be the Wellbutrin. I suggest that you call your pdoc for feedback and advice.

WB is very energizing and it has an appetite suppresant quality. It can contribute to anxiety and insomnia (if taken too late in the day.) It does help with alertness as time goes on and WB takes full effect.

Sheepwoman

I am so sorry for your problems with meds. I wonder if you should of been weaned off the Pristiq for a longer period of time. It is similar to Effexor and have always read that weaning should be slow process. I would talk to my doctor more about this. Maybe see if he can do some research on it.

:welcomeani: to DF, rsheston,

Are you taking Wellbutrin? If so, how is it working for you? Success stories are always welcome.

Sheepwoman

I've been very happy on Cymbalta for 4+ years now, no side affects, and feeling "normal"...have proper highs and lows, cry when I need to, etc. I need to quit smoking now, and the Dr. has suggested I try taking Wellbutrin as a positive side effect is that the inmates they trialed it on, quit smoking, quite inexplicably. Please give me your feedback on whether or not it helped you quit smoking?

I really gave Wellbutrin a good try, was on it for about half a year or more. Unfortunately the side effects finally cause me to have to stop including: headache, constipation, heart palpitations, extreme nightmares, and inability to sleep and finally the straw that broke the camel's back, hair loss and it is still falling out after stopping for about a month. I sure hope the hair loss is reversible....or at least I hope I don't lose any more.

Rainbow,

Prozac is really long-acting, so is usually easy to taper and discontinue. If your son has problems with it, ask for liquid Prozac - that way you can taper down to even 1 mg per day before stopping.

Wellbutrin discontinuation sounds like it's very individual - some have no problems, some do. It's harder to taper down gradually. Here's my story at the moment:

Last year I tried to taper off Wellbutrin 150 XL by stretching the time between doses. Also tried compounded 140 mg, 130 mg, etc to go gradually - not sure it was actually long-acting. I got lots of terrible vertigo/vomiting episodes. I may also have Menieres, as I do have tinnitus and right sided hearing loss. Once I went back on the 150 XL daily, the really severe vertigo episodes stopped.

I'm now brave enough to try another taper, using the SR and breaking them. I know that in general you are not supposed to break long-acting meds, but I found a manufacturer's note about a study that showed breaking the SRs results in similar pharmacodynamics except for a peak at around 15 minutes.

Anyone else have problems/success with discontinuing Wellbutrin? Any hints or tips - supplements? Similar stories?

When is too much medication too much? I have Bipolar 1 disorder, I am currently on, lithium, Lamictal, Celexa, Buspar, trazodone and now my doctor wants me to be on wellbutrin as well. I have not started the Wellbutrin yet my insurence company is questioning my doctor about prescribing it. And now I am assessed with looking up this medication and all of the ones I am on. I wanna stop all of them, I don't wanna take some many meds, especially with all the side effects. How can all this meds work together. How can 5 different antidepressants work? And Wellbutrin.......... How can this be...........

I really gave Wellbutrin a good try, was on it for about half a year or more. Unfortunately the side effects finally cause me to have to stop including: headache, constipation, heart palpitations, extreme nightmares, and inability to sleep and finally the straw that broke the camel's back, hair loss and it is still falling out after stopping for about a month. I sure hope the hair loss is reversible....or at least I hope I don't lose any more.

Are you still experiencing hair loss? I have been on buproprion XL for 13 months now. It has been a lifesaver. However, 5-6 months after I started taking it I began to have hair loss (which is really bad because I am a woman with long hair). It took me a long time to figure out it was the buproprion because it didn't start falling out right away (I now have learned that it does take awhile). I was taking the generic by Actavis. It worked great except for the hair loss. Last month I tried the generic by Mylan and the hair loss stopped within 2-3 days. However, this generic is not working for the depression as well as the Actavis. So my hunt is still on. I'm considering trying the GSK name brand if the cost isn't too high. My husband worked for GSK for 12 years. During that time we could get any GSK drug for free. I really wish he still worked there!!!!

My roots are not as strong as they used to be and I notice they pluck out really easily. I am gettin all the right vitamins for hair and nails also and really tryin to build my health to help with hair growth. My hair is not coming out in handfuls anymore but it isn't regrowing like I had hoped and that is always in the back of my mind....so going back on Wellbutrin is out of the question for me. I also liked the positive sexual side-effect.....which I miss.

I am new here. Used over the years for depression all kinds of meds. Prozac for a year or so then Zoloft. Both didn't work and went to my doctor who started me on Bupropion 150 a day. I'm on day 2 and already wanting to stop cause I have a big headache and feel very anxious. Also didn't sleep at all last night. I get so confused as I can't cope with the side effects of these meds. I guess the Zoloft was the best. Think I'll stop the bupropion and return to the Z. I am using a benzo and sleeping pills, but didn't help with the bupropion side effects..

I'm day 15 of Wellbutrin .150 mg for first wk. then twice a day. I felt the good effects almost immediately and I went almost 2 weeks without a deep dip in mood. Before starting this med. I would cry about almost anything, frustrate easily, feel overwhelmed all the time, angry, and no matter how much I tried I couldn't stop my mind from going into a deep dark hole with a sadness that kept me in that hole for days at a time. I started to convince myself that my husband of 13 years would understandably leave such a downer, and how could he even see the woman he married anymore when I certainly couldn't. On top of that so many things about him would start annoy me and would start to feel paranoid that he must be feeling the same way about me. Suddenly all that changed and we started to exchange more laughs n I started to enjoy his company, his affection suddenly felt genuine and I no longer thought he was going through the motions just to avoid conflict. It was such a weight I had been feeling, I started having hope, everyday tasks felt manageable rather than a burden or duty that needed to be done. I felt so relieved that I no longer felt the need to punish myself and endure my depression because I thought it was just my own inability to cope with everyday life when everyone around could do it why couldn't I ? But suddenly out of nowhere and with no warning I was back in that hole again. This time it only lasted half a day but the rest of the day was somewhat of a struggle to rein in my negative thoughts. Today I again started great, I had energy and desire to get things done around my house, I was actually looking forward to the tasks and the feeling I would have when I would have them completed. That lasted a few hours and the rest of the day I've been in that funk again and I can't figure out what happened????

This is my first time on this site so apologize for being so long winded:)

First time posting here...started Wellbutrin a few weeks ago, switching from Celexa. I gained 60 lbs while on Celexa, was on it for about 5 years but the weight gain happened maybe 2 years ago...my doctor switched me, I started taking it then weaned off the celexa. I had trouble sleeping through the night at first but after a couple weeks my body adjusted and I'm sleeping fine now. The biggest issue I am having is I think with anxiety, though I'm not 100% sure it can be pinpointed to that. I do have some thoughts of suicide, less about making an attempt but more a general lack of desire to live. My bigger concern though is that I am crying ALL the time. I have always been an easy crier, but I am at a point now where the slightest surge of any emotion makes me fight back tears. The people I work with are very uptight and I cannot behave this way at work, and even if people aren't uptight they still look down on you if you cry so easily. I usually have at least 5 or 6 instances during any given workday where I am fighting tooth and nail not to cry, and I only succeed like half the time. The other half I have to pretend that i have to pee and go cry in the bathroom. It's always mild criticisms and the smallest stressors that trigger it - even just thinking/talking about this is making me start to tear up.

Has anyone else had this problem and did it ever go away? I messaged my doctor through this online thingy we have and she gave me 3 options, which was a) wait it out, b) take a supplemental anti-anxiety medication (Ativan was suggested) temporarily to give the Wellbutrin a chance to take full effect, or 3) stop the Wellbutrin altogether and switch to another SSRI that doesn't have weight gain/sluggishness as a side effect. She chose Wellbutrin because my weight is an issue and no one told me that Celexa is designed to help people eat and sleep (2 things I do entirely too much of) and I guess Wellbutrin is often used to help people lose weight. So far I haven't lost any and haven't noticed any differences in my eating or energy levels, but again it hasn't gotten to its full effect yet. We are going to schedule a time to talk more about it via phone later in the weeek.

My concern with the Ativan is that those types of drugs are strong depressants so I know they'll make me tired which I always am anyway, and I know they are addictive...has anyone ever taken these 2 drugs together or simliar drugs together? Did the issue with regulating emotions ever change? It's working for the depression in the sense that I'm not constantly considering suicide or having daily crying/anxiety fits, but I am still crying a ton and I just can't keep living like this.

Sorry the post is so long...I guess I have a lot of concerns!

First time posting here...started Wellbutrin a few weeks ago, switching from Celexa. I gained 60 lbs while on Celexa, was on it for about 5 years but the weight gain happened maybe 2 years ago...my doctor switched me, I started taking it then weaned off the celexa. I had trouble sleeping through the night at first but after a couple weeks my body adjusted and I'm sleeping fine now. The biggest issue I am having is I think with anxiety, though I'm not 100% sure it can be pinpointed to that. I do have some thoughts of suicide, less about making an attempt but more a general lack of desire to live. My bigger concern though is that I am crying ALL the time. I have always been an easy crier, but I am at a point now where the slightest surge of any emotion makes me fight back tears. The people I work with are very uptight and I cannot behave this way at work, and even if people aren't uptight they still look down on you if you cry so easily. I usually have at least 5 or 6 instances during any given workday where I am fighting tooth and nail not to cry, and I only succeed like half the time. The other half I have to pretend that i have to pee and go cry in the bathroom. It's always mild criticisms and the smallest stressors that trigger it - even just thinking/talking about this is making me start to tear up.

Has anyone else had this problem and did it ever go away? I messaged my doctor through this online thingy we have and she gave me 3 options, which was a) wait it out, b) take a supplemental anti-anxiety medication (Ativan was suggested) temporarily to give the Wellbutrin a chance to take full effect, or 3) stop the Wellbutrin altogether and switch to another SSRI that doesn't have weight gain/sluggishness as a side effect. She chose Wellbutrin because my weight is an issue and no one told me that Celexa is designed to help people eat and sleep (2 things I do entirely too much of) and I guess Wellbutrin is often used to help people lose weight. So far I haven't lost any and haven't noticed any differences in my eating or energy levels, but again it hasn't gotten to its full effect yet. We are going to schedule a time to talk more about it via phone later in the weeek.

My concern with the Ativan is that those types of drugs are strong depressants so I know they'll make me tired which I always am anyway, and I know they are addictive...has anyone ever taken these 2 drugs together or simliar drugs together? Did the issue with regulating emotions ever change? It's working for the depression in the sense that I'm not constantly considering suicide or having daily crying/anxiety fits, but I am still crying a ton and I just can't keep living like this.

Sorry the post is so long...I guess I have a lot of concerns!

Hi, Our stories sound a little similar - I just started on Bupropion (called Zyban SR, here in Australia) last week. I started on 150 mg in the morning and then 5 days later I added another 150 mg in the afternoon (now on 300 mg - yesterday and today). Maybe you need a bit more time for it to 'kick in'? I know it's horrible, but try and remain hopeful. Hopeful is something I've had to learn a great deal about, and at times it is extremely hard to maintain - but please remember, things WILL improve.

As for your question about Ativan. I haven't personally used this particular med myself. However, I have used Serepax, not so much as a daily, regular medication, but on and off when needed - mainly when I've had a relapse (3 times in the last 17 years) and I sometimes use it if I'm having a particularly horrific succession of 'flare ups' to help me sleep through the night (I strap Ice packs to my feet, but once they're defrosted, and pain meds have worn off, the intensity of the pain is impossible to sleep with).

I was on Effexor XR for the past 11 years and have gone from 165 lbs to 264 lbs, I'm 5'9". It was also causing severe gastrointestinal inflammation (I was diagnosed via endoscopy with Grade B Oesophagitis & Gastritis) and my cholesterol has also increased in line with dosage increases - my chol is now 309 (not good). Before going on Effexor I was on Zoloft. But after nearly dying of an Atypical Pneumonia 11 years ago, and my depression relapsing (unfortunately, I was antidepressent free, when I contracted the Pneumonia), I needed to restart anti-depressant medication and the zoloft wasn't powerful enough to bring me out of the depression ( the Doctors said that because I'd gotten so seriously physically sick, and nearly died, that this was the reason the zoloft didn't work again and I needed something stronger - Hey presto - Effexor!)

For the past 26 years, I have been living (more like existing) with an extremely painful condition which affects the soles of my feet and palms of my hands (Delayed Pressure Urticaria) - making ANY kind of activity impossible. Even the simpliest of life's activities, such as 'shopping' is no longer possible. This condition has stripped me of everything I loved. At 19, I went from being a Professional model, Classical Ballet dancer and living a very active lifestyle, to living with extreme, excruitiating pain because of DPU. I have had to develop interests I can do sitting down. Any use of my feet causes excruitiating 'flare ups'. The most saddening and frustrating thing about this, is I am now 45, and only just got a diagnosis 5 months ago (Dec 2012), as Doctors didn't know what it was!!! I actually discovered the condition myself, through endless research - just as well I have a medical research background - it only took me 26 years and would have been nice to have met a Doc who cared enough to help me find the answer - I find unless it's something in their little 'common list' it's put in the 'too hard basket'. I have lost faith in most of the Medical Profession. However, I ended up corresponding with a Doctor in the USA (Mayo Clinic), and while I didn't expect him to 'officially diagnose' me, he encouraged me to have it officially diagnosed here, and wished me all the best with possible treatments! (he was so much more helpful, that most of the idiots I've paid a fortune to here, to have them 'shrug' their shoulders and say they "don't know what it is"). So I had a Lateral Incision Biopsy performed into one of the active 'flare ups' in the sole of my left foot and had it sent away for Pathology testing. Sure enough, the results were in line with Delayed Pressure Urticaria (Deep perivascular infiltrate of Neutophils, Mast cells and eosinophils). So, now I need to take these results to a Dermatologist/Immunologist to have it 'officially diagnosed' by a specialist. Here in Australia for some reason, General Practitioners (normal Doctors, not sure what you call them in the US), don't like to diagnose. So I have to spend another $300 for a 15 min visit to have a Specialist tell me what I already know & what the pathology tests show! I have already started on high doze Cetirizine (Zyrtec - 3 times the recommended dose) and the 'flare ups' are happening a little less often - so fingers crossed.

My depression was controlled on Effexor, but due to the ongoing increase in my weight & gastrointestinal problems, I decided to come off it with my Psychs support. Bupropion (Zyban/Wellbutrin) isn't used here in Australia for depression. It is only marketed to 'Stop Smoking' and only normally allowed for 8 - 12 weeks. However, as SSRIs don't work for me and we needed a drug that wasn't likely to add more weight (anything that affects serotonin) my health insurance provider agreed, with a special application from my Doc to meet the cost of Zyban, which was great as they don't normally pay on it (I only have to pay $36.00 per month and they will pay the other $135/month - up to $1000 / year).

I am having trouble sleeping too ! But I hope, like you, this will improve. I get sleepy and feel like I'm ready to go to bed, but when I go to bed and start dozing off, I get 'startled' or get sudden frights (bit hard to explain - so I hope you understand).

As for you feeling fragile, crying a lot and feeling anxious, it sounds as though the meds aren't working properly yet. As you've only been on it for 3 weeks, it may still increase in effectiveness. If you have a supportive Doc, probably a good idea to keep in regular contact with him/her, so they can monitor your progress and if you don't continue to improve, move you onto something else.

In my personal opinion is that Benzo's are good for surviving the anxiety until the antidepressants are doing their job. Anxiety is often a symptom of depression. I think that once the Antidepressant has had long enough to work, or IF this isn't the right one for you' and you need to find something else, then you should not require the Ativan ongoing. Benzo's preferably are better not used as a daily med, long term.

However, I would give up on the Wellbutrin yet, especially if its only been 3 weeks or so. I know it's easier said then done, but try to hang in there.

A mentor of mine once told me something that has stuck with me and helped me through lots of difficultly. When I feel like giving up I remember his words - "Be positive, Be patient and Persevere".

If you need to chat you can email me at kittycat262626@hotmail.com - and you thought you're post was long ! - I think I defintely beat you on that one!

All the best,

'big sigh'

(the reason I choose 'big sigh' is because sometimes that's all I can do)

I have been on Wellbutrin XL--300 mg for numerous years, and I experienced no side effects. However, the past two years, I noticed my depression is back, and I haven't been able to pull myself out of it. It's like after all these years, the Wellbutrin has stopped working. I finally gave in this past week and talked to my Dr. She prescrbed 10 mg of Celexa and she moved my dose down to 100 mg of Wellbutrin. I am only on day two right now, and I must admit--I somehow feel calmer. I also feel more productive. I am rather worried about side effects of Celexa though since I read about weight gain stories all over the internet. I should have known better than to do a search! Seriously, I struggle with self-esteem and body image issues, so any weight gain would only complicate my issues.

Is anyone on a combination of Wellbutrin and Celexa here? How is it working? Any side effects? I was wondering about this medicine combination. Thank you for your help in advance. I am new here, but I appreciate reading everyone's stories and experiences. It makes me feel less on my own............

I was on Bupropion 3 years ago. I was hospitalized; and the doctor made the biggest mistake by not weaning me off slowly! I had the shakes, bad headaches, nausea and other problems. I was nasty to anyone I came in contact with. Finally, I returned to being somewhat normal. But I still did not feel right. I went to another doctor who suggested that I attend a month long seminar to discuss depression. It was very informative and I still use what I learned today. I went to my primary care doctor at the VA Clinic. He suggested that I go to mental health. I was introduced to my nurse practitioner. She was very upfront with questions that dealt with my sex life; to include masterbation, erection problems and premature ejaculation. Suicide, sleeping problems, my diet, exercise, church and contact with friends and other people. I feel very comfortable during our sessions and can talk about anything. She's a fantastic person. Some more background on me is that I have been married for 35 years. But I haven't seen my wife in the past 6 years. So I haven't been with a woman for that long. I'm lonely; which adds to my depression. Once again I have to rely on manual sexual stimulation. I'm currently taking two 100mg tablets of Bupropion twice a day. I go back in 2 months to adjust my dosage.

I start this med tomorrow..I am worried it will make me more irritable than I already am since I see it is a SE but my depression is horrible right now and I just want to feel better.

Good luck with Wellbutrin. It's true that it can cause irritability, especially in those who already have it. But some people find that WB actually eases their irritability and anxiety. If you find that after the 6-8 week adjustment period you're more irritable, you might want to talk to your doctor about adding an SSRI to help with that. Keep us posted.