Sign in to follow this  
imperfectsilence

New To Cymbalta

After being on Citalopram and Venlafaxine I am being started on Cymbalta 60mg within the next few weeks, I am a bit worried about the transition period whilst coming off my Venlafaxine and starting the Cymbalta, last time I came off a tablet I got very dizzy. Anyway, I am hoping this may make me feel at least a little better!

i.s.,

many people find cymbalta helpful. I myself had around three great weeks on it, but then it pooped out :( Start-up on a medication is always difficult. Here's hoping that the Cymbalta does the trick for you! The right medication can make a world of difference....

A.

Cymbalta was very effective for me in terms of taking care of my depressive symptoms. I had trouble dealing with the side effects, though... a kind of emotional disconnectedness that made me feel as though I didn't care about anything, and sexual side effects that rendered me almost totally impotent. For me, the side effects were unacceptable, so now I am trying something new.

After being on Citalopram and Venlafaxine I am being started on Cymbalta 60mg within the next few weeks, I am a bit worried about the transition period whilst coming off my Venlafaxine and starting the Cymbalta, last time I came off a tablet I got very dizzy. Anyway, I am hoping this may make me feel at least a little better!

I switched with out any problems. I was on Lexapro (I think) and went straight to 60mg of Cymbalta. That was 2 years ago. I also take zopiclone at night to sleep. I still have some off times, but overall cymbalta works great for me. I hope it works great for you too! Take Care

I had a bit of trouble coming off of Venlafaxine. I wasn't transitioning to another AD at the time. I have been on Cymbalta for about 3.5 years now, and it's worked wonderfully for me. I hope it does the same for you!