Facing Past Trauma In Therapy

AquaViolet

Hey Aqua I'd love to know how you are going with all of this. I've recently begun seeing a CBT psychologist and I want to discuss a childhood trauma too, but I have no idea how to do it. I'm going to have my third session with her soon and I think I'm going to tell her. Scary!! I really admire your courage and hope it all goes well. Glad you've found someone you feel safe with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Aqua I'd love to know how you are going with all of this. I've recently begun seeing a CBT psychologist and I want to discuss a childhood trauma too, but I have no idea how to do it. I'm going to have my third session with her soon and I think I'm going to tell her. Scary!! I really admire your courage and hope it all goes well. Glad you've found someone you feel safe with.

HI there,

I think this is really heard telling something like that. I recently had my first appointment with a CBT therapist and at some point I was determined to say something that was difficult for me to share as well. I think I was feeling comfortable with that person and having someone else to share it (even though only trough writing) had helped me say it this time. I said that there was something I wanted to say and there was some silence untill I can speack again, I think for me was important to put everything on the table so that we now what are we dealing with and how we will procede with the therapy. I also had the opinion for many years now that most if not all problems any adult has come from our childhood so I really incourage you ti talk about it to your therapist. Good luck.

Thanks absent. I ended up telling my therapist. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I think I'm glad I have someone I can talk about it with now. I'm not completely alone now. I've been a bit of a wreck this past week with some severe PTSD symptoms but am being closely watched by a good support network. Hope things end up going well for you too.