Hi all,

I'm brand-new here. I've known about the Depression Forums for a couple of years and have "lurked" as a guest a few times but never joined until now. It's nice to be here.

I was recently "officially" diagnosed with severe recurrent depression and moderate to severe GAD. I've been on various meds for about 20 years. I'm pretty stable and relatively content, all things considered. I'm a recovering addict and have built a strong support network via therapy and 12 step meetings.

One victory in my life is that I used to struggle with severe driving phobia, which I'm managed to pretty much overcome. I still have my days with it, but it doesn't rule my life the way it used to.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some people here, esp. folks who struggle with anxiety. That's a MUCH bigger problem for me now than depression. It's funny, because it used to be the other way around. :glare:

I'm rarely suicidal like I used to be a lot, and that's also a huge blessing.

Nice to meet you all.

Hi DrivingPeace and :welcomeani: to DF,

Nice to have you around. Well it seem like you have thinks pretty much under control , and that is just great. I had depression since 2005 and have it well under control with medication.

You will definitely make friends here on DF as it is the best forum for helping people with any type of mental health issue. Do enjoy you tour of the sites and different and please make yourself at home.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Hi and Welcome to DF DrivingPeace

I think that it is great that you have a great support system. You have us to add to your support system as well. I think that it is awesome that you fight your battles and have overcome your driving phobia, that is an inspiration to others. You may find the Anxiety Room helpful.

Please make yourself feel at home.

Trace