Find Friends Thread! =)

richa

Hello my name is Richard thought id start this thread for those wanting to make friends..

being loney sux! it takes part in deprssion as i know and im sure most of you know also..

This might be due to not having friends in genaral , im going to hoenst and i dont have any friends really.

yes on my facebook but no one talks to me because i have kept my distance due to depression with my family leavn.

i dont choose not to talk to them its just i never felt like it and they just dont understand there to busy doing there own thing and gettn on with there own lives.

now its been like that for a long time now which has made me a loner if u would to call it.

im 31 years old live in Perth Western Australia , just wondering if anyone was in the same boat?

it would be cool to meet some new people , just to have a barby.. sumthing like that i guess the normal stuff people do with friends.

i guess i miss it. =/

Edited by Trace
Trigger

i hear it's 102 degrees in Perth. Hi Richard! i'll be your friend. i'm 34, live in NY (long Island) and i understand not having people to talk to that understand as well as accidentally pushing people away cause you are depressed. i have to go to work now, but i'll write more later.

your friend,

kier

Hi Richard! I'm way far away from you in Texas, but thanks to the lovely Internet, we can be friends!

I know what you mean about being lonely. Even with family and other people around me I sometimes have a feeling of deep loneliness. It is odd. Like I have suddently slowed down like slow motion and everyone around me is still going on at the regular pace.

I work at a community college and the eb and flow of students around me makes me feel isolated. I have nothing in common with most of the people around me.

Luckily, the weather is fabulous today! It's going to be 65 and very sunny! Lovely day! I have huge windows in my office so I can see out over the campus. It is beautiful!

I'm glad you started this thread!

Hi Richard, and welcome! I live in the US, but we can be online friends.

Depression Forums is a wonderful place to find people who can relate to you,

receive emotional support, and make friends.

You are not alone. Keep posting, and take care.

Hello Richard and welcome to DF,

DF is a great place to be and meet others suffering with mental illnesses who can relate and understand the struggles of coping. Make yourself comfortable and I hope you find the support you need.

Lindahurt

Hi Richard,

I would like to be friends with you and anyone else. I am lonely a lot of the time. I have bipolar disorder and it makes it hard to make and keep friends. I actually have more friends on the net than I do in life. Feel free to PM me.

Joanne

I have found that internet friends are much more forgiving and understanding than "real life freinds". I have a couple of internet friends that I have been writing to for many years....Especially meeting folks on these "Issue" boards....they have the same type of issues as you, and usually way more able to get us.

Hi Richard,

What a great topic! I can relate to not having any "real" friends. My son and I moved back to our hometown after 2 years away and all my old friends are married with children and have jobs (I'm on disability due to a serious illness in 2008). I have my son who prefers his video games (he's 11, who can blame him) and my dog whom I walk every day regardless of the weather but it still feels pretty alone and isolating. I spend a lot of time on this forum where I've met many friends who understand my illness and don't judge. I hope you make lots of friends here, consider me one of them!

thank you all ! =)

i dont even know what to say most days..even when some one try's to call me 50% of the time i dont pick it up because i just dont feel like talking..

i just dunno whats wrong with me..well i do but there's nothn i can really do. see when my X left me with my son to go to another stae to live near her mum for support i still loved her very much..i didnt see her in 2 years till she came to visit around 2 months ago with my son for 2 weeks in this time i wasnt depressed really at all!!

after they left again everything went down hill again.. i kept talkn to her she says she loves me but doesnt show it.. like she never says i miss you or anything like that just "i love you" and thats it!

i have stopped talking to her because of this and i have explaied it to her why i have stopped talkn.

we even made plans for me to move there..but i really feel that she doesnt truly love me.

i dont want to turn this thread into a realtionship problem but yer thats how things are atm.

Edited by richa

hi i would love to make online friends, im lonely but its my fault. i dont want my friends to see me this way. i have one best friend who i do let see me this way but other people especially who i havent seen for a long time i tend to push them away. one of the reasons is the weight i have gained from meds, im embarrassed, ok im not massive but im bigger than i was.

being lonely hurts x

HI Richard I'm the same way. I know people but really don't have any friends. I use the this and facebook to talk to people. But on facebook I can't talk about my problems because of what people will say and think of me. Thats why I come here people get me.

I'm in Minnesota if you want to be friends also have yahoo messenger if you ever want to chatt

• 1 month later...

Hi Richard - like everyone on this thread am glad too that you started this thread. I am M, 43, Massachusetts and in the same boat as you are. Would love to make online friends and feel free to PM me if you feel like talking ...... Cheers mate

HI Richard (and everyone else) ... my life has been on the mend, and I do have friends .. but just recently the depression and dread has been returning a bit, and I've been feeling so lost and alone. So ya if anyone wants someone to talk to, i'll be ya doug. ;)

HI Richard I'm the same way. I know people but really don't have any friends. I use the this and facebook to talk to people. But on facebook I can't talk about my problems because of what people will say and think of me. Thats why I come here people get me.

I'm in Minnesota if you want to be friends also have yahoo messenger if you ever want to chatt

Wow, I could have wrote this post! I'm from Minnesota too and keep in touch with my friends on facebook but when they suggest getting together, I always make some excuse because I get panicky just thinking about it. How's the weather in your part of the state? I'm in the southeast and it's been record-breaking warm temps here!

I'm so glad you started this thread. I love DF but I wish I had more personal relationships here. I'd like to get to know some people better here. If someone wants to drop a PM for a future friend, I'd love that :)

And of course DF has a great chat feature, but it feels a bit lonely here, right now.

I love DF but I wish I had more personal relationships here. I'd like to get to know some people better here. If someone wants to drop a PM for a future friend, I'd love that :)

And of course DF has a great chat feature, but it feels a bit lonely here, right now.

Yes, nobody is ever in chat here! :gathering: Do people pm? People don't seem to use chatrooms anymore since FB and twitter got going.

Hi, this is a great thread.

I'm 24 this year,and I'm struggling.but still trying to think positively.

I live in Singapore but I love to make friends with anyone who's nice!:}

We can add each other on facebook too..I usually chat there:}

This is a really lovely thread. It feels good to finally do something positive about how I've been feeling. I have lots of people in "the real world" who want to be in touch with me but for some reason I avoid them. I put on a pretty good show but most days I wake up wishing I was in someone else's skin. Only my really close family knows that I have been depressed and not even they know that I think about ending it all. Really this forum (and my therapists office) are the only places where I feel I can be completely honest. I think this is the perfect place to make some new connections. Count me in!

This thread was a great idea....I just posted today that it'd be nice to even just have someone to sit with...not even talk just sit. I have no friends, I have one but she's so far away I see her once every three months or so. It's starting to get really lonely, especially when you're home alone all the time. Well count me in on this, if anyone here wants to pm me or if you see me on chat, we can most definitely talk, or any other messenger, just let me know, don't be shy. It'd be really cool to make a friend from DF, cos everyone here feels each others pain and understands :hearts: