Violet31

Gratitude - Mention At Least Three Things You

I feel twenty pounds lighter as far as emotional baggage goes. I know moving forward isn't done on a straight line, but CBT really, really helps. So does finding evidence that disproves what I think of myself. 

I don't have to have all the answers right now. It hasn't even been a year since I left.

I've been testing boundaries a bit. I'm still here. 🙂 

I can laugh more about things that are painful.

My favorite coffee mug is clean this morning.

5 minutes ago, moodyjuniper said:

I also didn't hit the snooze button. It didn't even occur to me this morning. 🙂 

Wow. I cannot remember when I last did that. I have a while hours worth of alarms to get me up in the morning. Congratulations

30 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Wow. I cannot remember when I last did that. I have a while hours worth of alarms to get me up in the morning. Congratulations

It's only because I have no work and no school today. 😉 

I am grateful for my extremely loving boyfriend, who keeps me wanting to be alive.

I'm grateful for my little sister, who is the light in my life.

I'm grateful to be able to learn when many females around the world are unable to be in any form of education.

I get to meet a new canine tonight, see if we can bond and then go onto training. Very excited as he is a mixture of two of my favourite breeds. Rhodesian Ridge back and Rottweiler so a Rotti Rhode! He was originally going to be a working dog (security) but he was too hyper he has some "biting" issue that I need to look at but I am hopeful for us. 

My favorite kitty is safe after being outside all night.

I found three t-shirts on sale yesterday. I didn't fret over which ones (colors) to buy. Now I need cool bottoms and sandals for the summer. I can't believe I'm excited about this. It's good.

I have a program on my laptop that makes my life a LOT easier. I had no idea it was there.

I addressed something with one of my roommates yesterday that I was dreading. I didn't get quite the scowl I was worried about, but I know that I'm being judged. She doesn't understand that safety has to come first for me, and it makes her judgment difficult to swallow. I got ahead of it by saying, "I know you got upset when so-and-so did this, but I did it because of safety, not out of spite." I topped it off with, "My parents would be proud of me for protecting myself." I took away her arguments before she even had a chance to bring them up. I'm proud of myself for standing up to this and for having the courage to do so. ❤️ 

I slept with the window open last night.

I was the first one downstairs this morning and had a few minutes to myself.

I think I've overcome my people-pleasing problem, because I'm not falling for this BS guilt trip. I'm sorry, but I can't replace him, especially considering that he spoiled you rotten. I don't believe in that and don't have time for that. This might sound harsh, but... People who are comfortable don't understand my situation at all. Two hours out of my day right now is way too much to give, considering the mountain I'm climbing right now.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:26 AM, Rattler6 said:

Coffee, yoga, martial arts, the gym.

What Martial Arts do you practise? 

Tears – for helping me express my deepest emotions.
Disappointment – so I know the things that matter to me most.
Fears – so I know I have opportunities for growth

9 hours ago, Ratvan said:

What Martial Arts do you practise? 

Tears – for helping me express my deepest emotions.
Disappointment – so I know the things that matter to me most.
Fears – so I know I have opportunities for growth

I have trained in Tae Kwon Do, a mix of Kung Fu/Karate/Kenpo, right now some Kali and JKD/WC.

I went into a hardware store last night for sandpaper. I love the smell of lumber.

My Melania Trump Do survived the night. 

I was able to manage a task that was previously extremely difficult. I met a decent person in the process who is genuinely friendly and really helpful. It made me feel hopeful and less afraid.

The sky didn't crash after sharing a bit of what happened to me. 

My son's Eagle scout project went a bit viral. The local paper and tv station did a story about it and we found out today that a national wire service picked up the story. The story appeared in more than half a dozen newspapers around the country and was covered on several radio programs. In addition, the mayor of St Paul mentioned him by name in his State of the City address. I think all that counts for at least three things.