Gratitude - Mention At Least Three Things You

Violet31

1- Me, my husband, my dog, my parents, and my sisters are all safe. As far as I know, all my loved ones are doing OK. 

2- My husband has gone out twice and gotten supplies. He even managed to find toilet paper when he was out today.

3- That I live in a first world country where I don't have to worry about supplies and viruses most of the time. I can appreciate how the other half lives and realize that I'm one of the lucky ones in the world. I can appreciate the important things in life, like love and shelter and food and generally OK health. 

1.My cats have always been such a blessing to me. They are more than pets to me. They are my children: they keep me going, give me love and make me smile. 

2. I'm grateful that I am able to prepare healthy (mostly) foods for myself and others. 

3. I'm grateful for my spiritual teachers who have made me feel better in times of crises. 

1 I'm in bad health so I won't have to be here much longer.

2 My mind is toast so I won't have to know what's going on much longer.

3 I'm a better person than I used to be so if there is a heaven hopefully I'll get to see mom again.

1- My husband has been getting up early and getting stuff done, like picking up supplies, cleaning, and getting bills deferred while I'm still sleeping in.

2- Then he makes me a cup of coffee to drink as we watch People's Court together every afternoon.

3- And we've barely been fighting. I've been feeling particularly less angry lately. Maybe this epidemic is making me focus on the important things in life. 

1. My husband received a grant that he hadn't even told me he'd applied for, because he didn't expect to actually get it. They sent him the check today.

2. Also today he got check from Workers Comp to cover some of the travel we did to his appointments for his accident. 

3. We found a brand of toilet paper for sale on Walmart's site and snagged it before it sold out.

4. Just being alive and feeling well. 

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 5:24 AM, evalynn said:

1- My husband has been getting up early and getting stuff done, like picking up supplies, cleaning, and getting bills deferred while I'm still sleeping in.

2- Then he makes me a cup of coffee to drink as we watch People's Court together every afternoon.

3- And we've barely been fighting. I've been feeling particularly less angry lately. Maybe this epidemic is making me focus on the important things in life. 

Amen, and it is times like these that make us appreciate life a little bit more than usual

🔸My mental wellness is self-driven and this feels empowering

🔹I will be a student attending school again

🔸I was wrong, so wrong, about my fate

🔹I have more sources of emotional support in my life than ever

🔸I can operate and make decisions from a perspective other than fear (sometimes) 🙈

1. I'm happy that I'm more on top of things at home than I used to be. I think I'm close to having a formula to get things done, yet to be able to relax aswell. Kinda relaxed cleanliness. Not too obsessesive. 

2. I'm happy to be single at the moment. I'm feeling more healed over my break up. Not so lonely. 

3. I'm pleased that I got my decluttering done before they shut down the recycling centres and charity shops!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

1.This might sound strange but I'm grateful to myself when I take out the bins, put laundry away and wash the dishes.

2. I'm grateful to myself for feeding myself healthy food.

3. I'm grateful that I could help the birds today and replenish their water dish in my garden. 

▪️ For my family. They often irritate and frustrate me, fail to meet my expectations/needs yet I know they care and love me in the way they know how.

▫️ For the woman who works at the coffee shop that is bothering to ask how I'm coping. She asks about my family and shares about hers. I don't come by just for her coffee.  

▪️ My supervisors who check in how I'm doing after a tough 20 minute conversation with a deeply distressed person.

▫️ Pigeons outside my backdoor. I can't have indoor pets I guess they'll be my animal companions. They can't be bothered to flap away when I step outside, seemingly content to share the space. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm grateful for the dear friends I've made online, and how they allow me to feel connected when I can't manage to leave my apartment or talk out loud.

I'm grateful for my cat who's always there for a snuggle when I'm at my worst, and who gives me a reason to get up in the morning.

I'm grateful for the real life friends who give me the time and space I need right now while still checking in from time to time with words of encouragement.

• 2 weeks later...

🙂  Life is seldom tidy, but on occasion an answer - like a secret I've all but given up ever knowing - reveals itself. 

🙃  🎶 Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong 🎶

🙂  Friends who tell me what I mean to them and how this reminds me my existence is not entirely meaningless.