Lamictial 200Mg Lithium 900Mg

hey everyone, i just wanted to ask about this combo of meds for my bipolar affective disorder. Is it common to be on these 2 meds and do they work well together in stabilizing mood? I know they are regarded as both mood stabilizers, one more for mania and one more for the depressive side.

Is it just me or is there anyone else on this combo or has been on this combo? does it work for you? does it make sense to be on this combo as these are both good mood stablizing medications? im currently tirateing up my lamicitail (been on 25mg for 7 days) and i have just added Lithum SR 450mg in morning and 450mg at night. I hope that Lithium at 900mg can help the mania, irritibile side of my bipolar. is 900mg still a thereputic dose?

and is the lamictial more for the lows i guess im still tirating but fingers crossed on this combo. please anyone feel free to post your opinions, comments and thoughts on this and it woudl be of real help if any of you are taking this or have been on it and know a little more about it then me.

cheers

Jay

Only real way to tell if 900mg of lithium is a therapeutic dose for you is to get your lithium blood levels checked. Some people find that 300mg works, some people need 1200 or more. Lithium and Lamictal is a pretty good combo, I know a few bipolar people from other forums who're on it who seem happy with it.

Thanks so much for your reply Velthir, im hoping that the 900mg of lithium works for me, i remember when i was on like 1000-1200 i started to get the bad side affects of the medication but when i dropped it it went away. im getting my Blood levels done in 5 days i think thats right?? correct me if im worng anyone? i have to look at my Dr's blood test sheet i cant find it ): anyway i think its 5 days after you have started your lithum you get your first levels checked, i think thats what my dr said.

I take 200mg Lamictal in the morning

900mg Lithium, 300mg Seroquel XR, .5 xanax at night.

I haven't technically been diagnosed bipolar, just very severe depression, but I take a lot of mood stabilizers (and have tried many, many, many different meds/treatments/doctors/hospitalizations).

Personally, the only treatment that has really made a positive impact on my mood has been ECT (electroconvulsive therapy). The medicines I'm on now just help maintain the effects of the ECT (my last treatment was a few weeks ago; I usually get 9 ECT treatments every 6 months or so).

If you have any questions on medicines, I've tried practically them all. Good luck, and I hope things improve for you!

I take 200mg Lamictal in the morning

900mg Lithium, 300mg Seroquel XR, .5 xanax at night.

Swimfan do you know what your lithium level is at 900mg? is it about 6.0-7.0

Thanks for your help too i hope that the lamictial and lithium combo works well for me becasue i have been on nearly every availible psyciatric mediaction availibile in Australia. Im bipolar and also have Severe GAD and panic attacks