Purpose?

Yes, I think there is a purpose for us being here, but I'm not sure if we are supposed to figure that out on Earth or we find out after we are dead. I think we are dealt certain things to overcome. I don't think our way of life is supposed to stay depressed. We have to try to make the best out of the things we are dealt and we are dealt depression (in my case anxiety too), just like others have to deal with cancer, or something else. I've had several tragic things happen and I'm not sure why some of us have more to deal with than others, but it just is.

hi mate,im not sure if i have a purpose if i do i dont really know what that is i didnt pickup a golf club like tiger woods at 2years old and be under par and i definatly dont have the voice of a pop star.

Im not really a church type of person but according to the chapters ive read the purpose of life is to find your own personal relationship with god.

Acts 17:26-28 has a good description..

I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in a deity. I believe we create our own purpose and give meaning to our lives through our own choices. Life is what we make of it. This is, indeed, a terrifying prospect for most of us. Terrifying, but exhilarating.

I honestly don't know if there is a purpose to life. I'd like to believe there is one, but a big part of me can't buy that. Life seems too random and unfair sometimes for there to be any logic to it. I don't know. If there is a purpose, maybe it's just to be the best and happiest person that you can while you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi allalone6,

I know from personal experience, that it is best, if you don't go searching for the purpose of life. I recall spending so much time and effort trying to find the purpose of life and I ended about finding nothing. I was feeling stressed and depressed about not being able to find a purpose in life. It is very hard to work out our individual purpose in life because

- No one really knows what our purposes are in life.

- There are so many suggested purposes in life, we won't know which one is right for us.

- Even if we find a purpose, we will not be sure whether it is the right purpose.

It is probably better, if you let go the search for a purpose in life and simply just live and go with the flow. Once, you do that, you feel the pressure off your shoulders to find a purpose. Maybe a purpose will come to you in the future.

I hope this helps.

so glad i found this post!

what is life all about thats all i ask myself!

i feel guilty asking myself this as i have the most beautiful daughter and obviously my purpose is to be a good mum to her but i must have another purpose i just dont know what it is!

and dont get me started on what happens when we leave this world.........................existential depression is one thing i have and i really need help for it x

For Christians, it is very clear that God has a plan for us- it is plainly written in Scripture. Then the question is no longer whether there is a plan, but what that plan is. That's the hardest thing of all, and I have not been able to answer that for myself. Although I don't have a clear picture of what the plan is, there are two things I can be sure of...

First, I can be sure of what the plan is NOT.. it's not to put myself at the center of my world, as though I were my own god. It's not for me to lie, steal, cheat, or take advantage of people. It's none of those things or anything similar.

Second, I know in a general sense that I am called to be the hands and feet of Christ, and whatever I think or say or do should reflect that. I can go in that direction knowing that no matter how many times I fail or fall down, I will be forgiven. I have confidence that I am saved.

God's ways are so far above me, it's not at all surprising that I don't understand things. That doesn't mean I don't become frustrated or pray for answers, but I accept that He is sovereign and is not required to answer me.