Hello all,

I am 48 years old, married 19 years, had a beautiful cat who died 2 years ago, live in NYC.

I am desperately depressed, for the following reasons:

I have Fibromyalgia, and my body keeps me pretty much an invalid with pain and fatigue. I know excersise is supposed to be good, but the most i can do is a little on the treadmill, which isn't enough.

I have nothing to live for, really. I am home all day, with my own thoughts.

All I do all day is sleep and watch tv.

I have no friends, and no hobbies or interests anymore.

Well, there it is. I feel hopeless, completely hopeless.

VJoy

Hi VJoy and welcome to DF,

I sorry to hear that you are in such a place of despair. You are not alone with how you feel. I'm glad you and hope that being a part of this community will give you a sense of belonging and break the isolation. You can meet and share with others to understand your pain and don't mind encouraging you along the way.

Make yourself comfortable, browse around and I hope you are able to find solace here.

Lindahurt

Hello all,

I am 48 years old, married 19 years, had a beautiful cat who died 2 years ago, live in NYC.

I am desperately depressed, for the following reasons:

I have Fibromyalgia, and my body keeps me pretty much an invalid with pain and fatigue. I know excersise is supposed to be good, but the most i can do is a little on the treadmill, which isn't enough.

I have nothing to live for, really. I am home all day, with my own thoughts.

All I do all day is sleep and watch tv.

I have no friends, and no hobbies or interests anymore.

Well, there it is. I feel hopeless, completely hopeless.

VJoy

Hi. Welcome to the forums! You are not alone. I too have a lot of physical pain, and I have no real life friends...Only the people on this forum.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. It is so hard to lose our furbabies.

Are you seeing a doctor, and are you on any medication for your depression?

Meds have made a world of difference in my quality of life. Without my meds, my life would be intolerable.

You'll find the people here at Depression Forums are caring and emotionally supportive.

It's good you joined. This is a wonderful community.

Take care. ((((Hugs))))

HI LIndahurt, AquaViolet, taysmom, and Mikita,

I truly appreciate your welcoming words.

AquaViolet asked about my meds. Yes, I have tried many, many, many drugs over the years that either didn't work or had a bad effect. I am currently on Klonopin, Neurontin, Serzone, and Seroquel. It helps curb my panic attacks, but does nothing fo my depression.

Being shut in the house so much has sapped my interests and I sometimes go to sleep at night hoping I don't wake up. Every day is the exact same copy. I don't know how people who have pain and and barely leave their house can have a good attitude, but I know they do. I wish I knew how being stuck in the same four walls is not soooo discouraging and depressing.

Sorry for the rant, I just have SO MUCH rage and sorrow in me, and no outlet (walking and journaling don't work for me).

Thank you so much

VJoy

Hi VJoy. Welcome. You might want to check out the room called Depression Central... it's one of our busiest rooms. There is another one called "Other Depressive Health Disorders." It's not as busy, but there are LOTS of topics about fibromyalgia among other things. You might feel a bit of comfort to know others are experiencing what you are.

I can understand why you would be angry and feel such sorrow in your situation. I hope we can provide some encouragement for you.