There Are Others Out There.

Hi, I've been lurking on this site for about a week, and realising that I'm not as alone on my feelings as I thought I was. I've been stuggling with depression for most of my life, but It has been especially difficult for the last 8 years. I'm a single Mom, (seperated for 2yrs) and have several health issues on top of my depression, panic attacks and anxiety. I've tried several different meds, and pdocs, but still I'm just trying to get thru each day. The only thing that seems to keep me going is my little girl. I have had alot of "hard knocks" in my life, and they just seem never ending. Is there anything that works out there? I'm on cymbalta right now, and gained so much weight, which I need to lose because I have a heart condition, but I can't exercise because of other medical problems, damned if you do..damned if you don't! Its so frustrating and so depressing! Sorry for the ranting....

Hi there - welcome to DF :) I'm a single mom too (daughter is 3). It can be a struggle sometimes! A lot of people here (me included) have a hard time finding a med that works for us. I also have experienced weight gain with my current med (Celexa) and am getting off it. Sorry you have other medical conditions. It must make things a lot harder, on top of depression and anxiety. Have a look around, this is a nice site, and we are here to support you!

Add me to the single moms (son, 11). I also have health issues and was put on mirtazipine to gain weight (an issue I've never had before in my life) and it definitely helped in that department. I went from getting my appetite back and trying to gain weight back to walking and trying to watch what I eat because I've gained back too much. It's a lot of trial and error when it comes to ADs, hopefully you will find one that works for you. Being a single mom is hard enough without having to deal with the emotional and physical challenges too, I know. On the other hand, my son is the one thing that can get me out of bed every day no matter how much I want to stay in and pull the covers over my head. Our kids are definitely our blessings! Welcome to the forum!

Hello deojison 1 and welcome to DF,

I am taking Wellbutrin as my main AD and it decreases my appetite which is one of reasons I wanted to be on it. Its quite stimulating and not all people can tolerate it. I do take a sleep aid and anti anxiety med because Wellbutrin cause cause these symptoms for some.

You may consider seeing a nutritionist about your diet. They can help you develop a plan based on your current physical status. We have some great resources so browse around and I hope you find DF helpful.

Lindahurt

• Thanks SW, Taysmom and Lindahurt. I have scheduled an appointment with my GP to see about changing my meds. I was on Wellbutrin for awhile, I can't remember why they took me off from it, Ive also tried Lexapro, Zoloft, and I think Seriquil. I'm currently talking Cymbalta, Klonipin, and I was on Abilify..which started to help some, but my cardiologist took me off because of the weight gain. I'm also diabetic, so I really need to get this weight issue under control. I will browse the other resourses on here, and your right..its time to see a nutritionist, to see if I can better my habits.
  • :1cat: