• Career
  • Substances
  • Possessions
  • Family
  • Significant other
  • Children
  • Food
  • TV

Life has gotten to these points. I like to sleep...warm...in a blanket...fan blowing on my face. Ipod on a decent audio book while fading to sleep. Alas, I share the house with my significant other and her 8 year old son. Darling boy...smart...fun to be around...but have not and never will have any significant say in how he is raised. At most I am a step-father, the least a playmate.

The woman does not take me seriously. She gets home and my jaw tightens up on a regular basis. We all learn something from our relationships. By this one, the fact that being in a relationship does not make one happy. Another thing off the list of things that could make one happy.

In the end, my happiness is my responsibility. I find I spend more and more time away from home. Alone I am not happy...with people I am not happy...at least alone I have more control.

I pray for something to click internally to find peace and then happiness

God bless you all

Hello, and welcome!

One thing depression robs us of is the ability to find joy in things that should make us happy. Have you considered talking to someone professionally? My recent bout started like a light switch being turned off in my brain and I too wish it would just click back and I could be happy again. I think if you could find the source of your depression or inability to be happy, maybe you could find help in therapy or medication to turn it around and find joy in the things you mentioned. Me, I'm just hoping there IS a Santa Clause and he will bring me the cure I need this Christmas to get out of this funk! I've been a good girl this year, mostly.....:santagrin:

Best wishes to you.

Voyage thru life I have found that these things dont make me happy

• Career
  • Substances
  • Possessions
  • Family
  • Significant other
  • Children
  • Food
  • TV

Agree, agree, agree! Right now, I'm starting to wonder what happiness actually is? Is it an attainable goal? Something anyone has actually ever reached? Or simply, how would I define it? I have no idea what would make me happy; I just know that I'm not. Sure, I have moments of happiness, but those are just moments. Sometimes I feel even worse afterward because I wish I knew the magic method to make me feel that way all the time. I guess happiness would mean "peace of mind". I don't know if I've ever really had that for a significant period of time, or if I ever will, if it's even possible for me, or anyone...I know I'm rambling now.

Sorry to hear AbundantOne. Your feelings, or lack thereof, sound very familiar to me. I hope that this site can provide some assistance in getting both our lives back on track.

I am to the point that nothing external will be what I want. A good relationship with God is going to be a start for me. I have family but when you are unwilling to tell them what matters to you because its not aligned with their feelings/beliefs. Thats where it starts. I thought I had a relationship where I could talk/vent that way but it has eroded into a tell what they want to hear fest.

Happy holidays all and stay strong

Thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully you find some joy as well in this time of year.

As to your last post, I have found, with my life experiences, and with those of friends, that telling friends and family is almost never a good idea. It is why so many come to forums like this one. To talk to a more understanding audience who can truly listen and give better feed back, Many times, even listening without judgement can be beneficial. I've found that many people that are friends or family in real life tend to be extremely judgmental. If you don't live up to the image they have set in their minds about you, it somehow is an insult to them. Why, I do not know.

So, not trying to be negating or get your hopes down. Just trying to offer an explanation of possibly why you are currently unsuccessful in your current conversation attempts. From all that I know, very rarely can people be open and honest to those they know and care about.

I would advise to post here more and try to make friendships online with people who will be much more supportive of you.

Happy Holidays to you AbundantOne,

Wormling