Does Anyone Feel Worse At Night?

nealy

I'm just wondering because I feel way more depressed than usual at night time. It's the same thing, every night like clockwork. Even if I am feeling OK throughout the day, once night time hits I just feel extremely saddened and empty :unsure:

Actually, I feel better at night. Besides depression, I also suffer from Anxiety Disorder and I HATE going out during the day. Too much traffic, too many people. I do all my shopping and errands, just before the stores close. I get home, take my medications, watch TV and cuddle in bed alone with my dog. I feel so bad during the day, I'd rather spend it in bed.

Actually, I feel better at night. Besides depression, I also suffer from Anxiety Disorder and I HATE going out during the day. Too much traffic, too many people. I do all my shopping and errands, just before the stores close. I get home, take my medications, watch TV and cuddle in bed alone with my dog. I feel so bad during the day, I'd rather spend it in bed.

I have agoraphobia so I understand that feeling well! I wish I felt better at night because that sounds so nice! Hopefully with my new medication I can actually enjoy myself at night! :nod:

I'm just wondering because I feel way more depressed than usual at night time. It's the same thing, every night like clockwork. Even if I am feeling OK throughout the day, once night time hits I just feel extremely saddened and empty :unsure:

Yes, I feel horrible at night. But I also feel completely horrible first thing in the morning. I often wake up having panic attacks first thing in the morning, which means I can't even lay in bed and enjoy the sensation of waking up. I'm so overcome with sheer terror along with the horrifying realization that I'm still alive that I have to get up and turn the television or form some sort of distraction just to make it go away. I'm not on any medication right now, but if you are how you feel at certain points during the day could be related. If you take it first thing in the morning it may wear off by night time. Try taking it later in the afternoon, or cutting your dose in half to take twice daily.

Yes, I feel horrible at night. But I also feel completely horrible first thing in the morning. I often wake up having panic attacks first thing in the morning, which means I can't even lay in bed and enjoy the sensation of waking up. I'm so overcome with sheer terror along with the horrifying realization that I'm still alive that I have to get up and turn the television or form some sort of distraction just to make it go away. I'm not on any medication right now, but if you are how you feel at certain points during the day could be related. If you take it first thing in the morning it may wear off by night time. Try taking it later in the afternoon, or cutting your dose in half to take twice daily.

That sounds so familiar. When the sun goes down, so does my mood, at least until I can take my bedtime meds (mirtazipine, clonazepam and ambien) then I feel a blissful peace for a short time and if I'm lucky, fall asleep before the meds wear off. Unfortunately, I suffer from terrible insomnia and wake several times a night. When I finally do get a couple hours of sleep, I awake the same way you do, slamming back into reality with a panicky feeling that takes me a while to snap out of. I remember the good ole days of drifting off into peaceful dreams and waking up HOURS later stretching, relaxed and looking forward to the day ahead....man depression sucks.:nod:

I have a lot of insomnia too, and finally got prescribed Ambien and I just took it for the first time last night and slept like a baby. It was so nice to finally be able to do that. I think that is part of the depression I feel at night is the fact that I hate sleep. I wake up constantly, toss and turn, cry in my sleep, sometimes I sleep 3 hours, sometimes I sleep 12 hours. Just a mess! :(

Yeah, definitely. It's so strange - things that I can think about and not be bothered about during the day get to me so much at night when I'm trying to sleep. It can be really hard sleeping once you let the thoughts in.

I feel more depressed at night as well. I think because it's so dark and quiet...it can feel isolating - just me and my thoughts.

What makes me feel better though is distracting myself with TV, movies, games, forums, etc. That helps me feel less alone.

Like some of the others here, I'm only at peace at night. It's dawn that I dread. Night time things quiet down and I feel safer in the dark. Once the sun comes up it means noise, commotion, chaos, conflicts and pain. Honestly I've grown to hate the sun, chirping birds, roosters, and almost everything else that thrives in the light.

I always feel worse at night. Anxiety kicks in and I start excessively worrying about everything. I think it's because there are less distractions. If I was doing something else at night like working or going out with friends (if I had any) I think it probably wouldn't be as bad.

I feel more depressed at night as well. I think because it's so dark and quiet...it can feel isolating - just me and my thoughts.

What makes me feel better though is distracting myself with TV, movies, games, forums, etc. That helps me feel less alone.

That is exactly what I do, distract myself with those things so I don't have to think so much.

I do the same thing. Nighttime definitely makes one prone to thoughts that have remained buried in the business of the day. My mind races so much that I can rarely fall asleep without a sleep aid.

Me too! I recently got prescribed Ambien, and it has made a world of difference!