Sign in to follow this  
scooterboy

Lexapro - Day Or Night?

Lexapro -daytime or evening ?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take your Lexapro in the morning or at night?

Todays going to be my third dose. First time i took it after dinner, couldnt sleep even though I was tired as hell and had relatively low anxiety. Yesterday I took it after lunch and wow it felt like a knockout punch and this was during work, but i slept well yesterday. So im going to do the same today and see how it goes, im at 5mg until the 5th day when i have to amp it up to 10mg. I feel very wired at 5mg, cant imagine how 10mg will feel.

I'm on citalopram (celexa) so not sure if there's much difference in side effects and half-life, but I take mine at night for 2 reasons:

1. Helps me not to have the vivid dreams side effects

2. It works with my schedule of taking other meds that are well engrained in my life. Morning or daytime I would just forget or the time would vary. I very rarely forget my meds now.

Hope that helps, I didn't vote in the post as it's a different AD that I take

T.

I take it at night and I can't sleep now. :verysad3: I'll take it during the day for now on. I didn't know Lexapro could keep you up at night. Now that I know I won't be taking it at night.

When I was on 10 mg I took it at night.. now that I'm up to 20 mg, I can't even sleep anymore.. so I'm going to start taking it during the mornings.

When I was on 20mg lexapro, I took it in the mornings for a year. Then I switched to taking it in the evenings. I honestly could not tell much difference, but my wife liked me better when I took it in the evening. -jmg

Dr./Rx label said to take it at bedtime. Took my 3rd dose last night. First 2 nights were rough. Trouble falling asleep, then woke up a few hrs later and couldn't go back to sleep. Last night was better though. Less trouble falling asleep, and slept soundly through the night. Will see how it goes from here.

I take my Cipralex after dinner. I would take it when I went to bed because it use to make me sleepy, but after about 2 weeks that side effect luckily went away

I'm surprised to see so many take it at night...never thought of that. It's working for me taking it in the morning, so I guess there's no need to change. Interesting to know, though. In case I ever wanted to.

In the morning between 6 and 8. I'm up everyday about 4 or so. For 2 days I took it at that time. That was a mistake. I felt like crap at work by mid day.

This is an interesting thread.

I take mine generic Lexapro at night but I have incredibly crazy/vivid dreams and wake up feeling terrible most mornings. I'm afraid to switch the time i take it though. Has anyone had any side effects from switching the time of day you take the meds? (i'm on 20mg)

I've been taking it at night since I started citalopram at the start of the year, but I've had real trouble sleeping, waking up very early and being unable to sleep. I haven't slept through the night properly since January. I'm also very tired and fatigued during the day. But now the doctor recommended me to take it in the morning, so maybe that will help.

Even though I take Cipralex, they're basically the same thing - I was told or recommended by the doc to take it in the morning because evening ingestion makes it hard to fall sleep.