Always Feeling Anxious

I'm am not working or going to school right now. I have tried the following meds. I feel like I'm in a bad situation right now.

Meds Tried:

1) Lexapro

2) Zoloft

3) Celexa

4) Luvox

5) Paxil

6) Anafranil

7) Effexor

8) Cymbalta

9) Prozac

10) Seroquel

11) Risperdal

12) Geodon

13) Buspar

14) Remeron

15) Klonopin

16) Ativan

17) Xanax IR

18) Xanax XR

19) Valium

20) Propranolol

21) Viibryd

None of these meds have worked with the exception of some of the benzos. I try the anti-depressants for about 2 months and they either have intolerable side-effects that fail to go away or they simply fail to work. My doctor said he can't help me anymore since he said "he's out of options". I've been trying meds since my teenage years and I'm in my mid-20s now. So a good 5+ years now. Some of the meds I have tried more than once over the years. I've even tried going to name-brand meds and generic to see if one works better than the other. I had medicines being combined and even titrated doses upwards with the meds. I'm ALWAYS anxious and have a panicky feeling that never goes away. I'm always miserable and don't know what to do. I'm doing exposure therapy and CBT therapy and have been for years. I am not having luck and have tried numerous therapists and even intensive therapy. I've been hospitalized many times for suicidal thoughts and actions. I can't work and am disabled with no university education. What should I do? I don't want to be like this forever. I even bought self-help books and spent tons of money on them and therapy at 150 dollars an hour. Ugh...What should I do now? Thanks.

Also, I have a history of drug abuse, so staying on a benzo is out of the question with my doctors. No doctor wants to keep me on them long-term. So I feel like I may end up disabled forever. My therapist has her doctorate and said that my brain is unbalanced and that's why I'm panicky all the time and a medicine would be needed to correct it. I accidentally overdosed on Klonopin and painkillers once at a job. I can't hold down jobs to save my life. The longest I've ever held down a job was a year. I've had close to 10 jobs and that was only one job. The rest lasted about 2-5 months, on average before I lost them due to panic attacks and anxiety that was severe.

Edited by MB20Fan

I'm no doctor and trust me, I can relate with the anxiety and all the meds you've tried but recently I've been hanging out on Amazon.com checking out supplements for depression and anxiety. One self help book I bought said that people with depression are often low on omega 3 so I bought some of that and then wondered what else was out there. So far I'm trying L-theanine, L-trytophan and the omega 3. It depends on the brand too, one of the L-theanine is called calm plex and has 5-htp and GABA in it too. I still need my clonazepam but I find myself sleeping a little better at night and a little calmer during the day. I'm hoping like other meds and supplements that it will work better as time goes on. Just make sure you do your research, even supplements aren't completely harmless if overused. Like I said, I'm no doctor and I see mine this week and plan to ask her about the supplements to make sure I'm not mixing something I shouldn't be. Just like everyone here, I'm just desperate to feel better. Hang in there.

I'm no doctor and trust me, I can relate with the anxiety and all the meds you've tried but recently I've been hanging out on Amazon.com checking out supplements for depression and anxiety. One self help book I bought said that people with depression are often low on omega 3 so I bought some of that and then wondered what else was out there. So far I'm trying L-theanine, L-trytophan and the omega 3. It depends on the brand too, one of the L-theanine is called calm plex and has 5-htp and GABA in it too. I still need my clonazepam but I find myself sleeping a little better at night and a little calmer during the day. I'm hoping like other meds and supplements that it will work better as time goes on. Just make sure you do your research, even supplements aren't completely harmless if overused. Like I said, I'm no doctor and I see mine this week and plan to ask her about the supplements to make sure I'm not mixing something I shouldn't be. Just like everyone here, I'm just desperate to feel better. Hang in there.

Thank you so much. I appreciate the info. I will look into the stuff on Amazon and read reviews. Good tip.