Switch From Fuoxitine (Prozac) To Sertraline (Zoloft)

lemon

Hello all.

I was on prozac for about 4 days before being switched to zoloft. Prozac made me edgy and i couldnt sit still and eventually sparked an anxiety attack that landed me in the ER. I was wondering if anyone else has switched from prozac to zoloft for this reason and how the switch was for them. I took my zoloft for the first time today and no real side effects. I cant really sleep well but thats without meds also so nothing new there. Not going to chalk that up as a side effect if its normal for me anyways..

So if anyone has made this switch let me know how it affected you or if the zoloft worked better than prozac.

Hi,

I switched from prozac to zoloft bec

I was on namebrand prozac and it was

getting too expensive - I reached my

insurance cap and had to change but

Im glad I did. I love zoloft and it

is actually working better than prozac

for me.

best wishes,

starr

I am a newbie and this is my first post.

HI,

I have never taken prozac but Zoloft does work

I take 50mg in the morning for panic attacks and mild depression.

The side effects on zoloft was horrible at first for me.

I found that I was sensative to meds and had to go low and slow.

I tell you this because I had a hard time as well at first. It took 3 weeks for the edgy feeling to subside for me.

I hope that this helps you anyway it can. I say stick with zoloft now and in 6 to 8 weeks you will know if it is for you are not.

best wishes,

Planner

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have just come back from my GP who has switched my 20mg fluoxetine for 50mg sertraline.

I found the fluoxetine made me sick I had trouble keeping food down which didnt go well with my binge eating! Also after 4 weeks on fluoxetine the doctor noticed my depression was getting worse not better. I am a big anxious to try these new ones as he said it will take another few weeks to feel any difference :/ It is my birthday a week today and then xmas 4 days later so im not looking forward to it! If anyone has any experience switching it would be great to have a chat. Or possibly just a general chat with anyone who wants to take their mind off things! :)

Hope everyone is well and happy!

Little One

xoxoxo

Hi,

I hope your switch to zoloft goes

as smooth as mine did. You may have

read above that I also switched from

prozac to zoloft and it is working

great for me. I have not had any

side effects from the zoloft either.

best wishes,

starr

• 2 weeks later...

So far the switch has been ok no real side effects and im much less edgy than i was on fluoxetin. havent noticed much improvement on depression but anxiety is doing a bit better. its been a month now so ill stick with it another month and see what happens... I learned that bipolar disorder runs in my family so i may look into that. who knows maybe im treating the wrong thing :)

• 6 years later...

Everyone is different but Prozac is one of the few I tolerated well. Zoloft made me a little spacy or somewhat stoned feeling not like pan, but just off. I didn't like it. I'm on welbutrin now and like a lot of them I think its a little stimulating. Kind of like Effexor, but my stomach couldn't tolerate that one. It was motivating though.

Edited by Dweezil427
typo, keeps autocorrecting p0t for pan