Sign in to follow this  
scooterboy

Lexapro And Prozac Combo

I've been on 30mg of Prozac and 300mg of Wellbutrin for a year or so now. Doctor has recently taken me off the Wellbutrin do to increased anxiety reasons.

Now my doctor has started me added 5mg of Lexapro in the evening to my regiment. Soon will be upped to 10mg. Thus, I'll be on a Lexapro Prozac combo. What might I expect from this?

My question is, anybody ever tried this? I live in a foreign country so my psychatrist and I don't have the best of communication due to language barriers. I've done some internet googling about the combo, but not too info available.

Thanks on advance.

Being on 2 SSRI's at the same time is a little rare, but not completely unheard off. Usually a doctor will either increase the current SSRI or switch to another if the current medication is not working. I have been on Lexapro and Cymbalta together in the past with decent results. Just be aware of possible serotonin syndrome (any adverse side effects) if you are taking 2 SSRI's together. Good Luck and keep us updated.

Well, no major problems thus far. Have been taking 5mg of Lexapro in the evening and 30mg of Prozac in the morning. The Lexapro definitely puts me to sleep and doesn't make it easier for me to wake up either. Nevertheless, my doctor upped the dosage of Lexapro to 10mg yesterday and I sure notice how much more tired I am today. This, I'm sure, will pass with time.

Ultimately I'd like to be stabilized enough on the SSRI's so I can stop taking the occasional Valium or Clonazapam - which my body and mind seem to love in an addictive kind of way. Not good, to be taking those kind of meds long term.

Sure feel better without the Wellbutrin in my system. That stuff increased my anxiety rather than diminishing it. Rather just have a cup of coffee instead.

Cheers....

Been a week now taking 10mg Lexapro at night and the usual 30 Prozac in the morning. First few days, racing heart and anxiety. Now, feel great. Total of 3 weeks of Lexapro in my system from 5mg to 10mg.

Is it possible to work so soon? I was under the impression it would take 6 weeks or so like many of the other SSRI's I've been prescribed over the years.

Lexapro seemed to work faster than other meds anytime I went back on it or increased the dosage. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I also take a benzo during extreme cases of anxiety (which I still have now and then). I have also added Wellbutrin several times in the past on and off. I've tried several SSRI's and a combo of such and Lexapro seems to be the best for me. I have also added Cymbalta to Lexapro and was on that combo for a year or so.