Sign in to follow this  
Bilo

Whats The Common Start/ Therapeutic/ Maintenance Dose For Anxiety With Lexapro

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys are using lexapro against anxiety or panic disorder ;..with what dose (mg) did you start? After what time did you increase and to what dose? And did you stay there or lowered during maintenance phase?

I am really curious? Cause the pharmacy say for instance that seroxat (i was on that for long time) 20 mg is start dose and 50 mg is therapeutic dose. But i never knew anyone on that high a dose. So i wanna know what is common to use for lexapro.

Any reply is most welcome :)

grt

Bilo

Edited by Bilo

Yes, common therapeutic dose is 10mg. Many have tried 15-20mg with good results. I have fluctuated up to 20mg at one time and it helps but also the side effects can get a little worse. Good luck.

Yes, common therapeutic dose is 10mg. Many have tried 15-20mg with good results. I have fluctuated up to 20mg at one time and it helps but also the side effects can get a little worse. Good luck.

I started at 2.5mg for a week, did 5 mg for 2 weeks, and have been on 10mg for about 3 weeks. have seen great results and no side effects (except the sexual ones which have thankfully passed after about 2 weeks).

Which side effects did you experience?

I started at 2.5mg for a week, did 5 mg for 2 weeks, and have been on 10mg for about 3 weeks. have seen great results and no side effects (except the sexual ones which have thankfully passed after about 2 weeks).

Thats a very low dose. Thats a subtherapeutic dose. most adults get 20-40 mg of lexapro. I am happy you feel better ,..but i wonder if 6 weeks on a small lexapro dose doesnt help more as a placebo