What Made You Laugh Today?

Trace

My 5 year old daughter getting annoyed that her hair won't stay down. She was having a bad hair day. She is 5 and is already obsessed with her hair. Haha, oh well, she is a girl.

My 5 year old daughter getting annoyed that her hair won't stay down. She was having a bad hair day. She is 5 and is already obsessed with her hair. Haha, oh well, she is a girl.

Well Trace, that made me laugh too. She is growing up and hair becomes very important.

Oh, this is terrible, but I let out gas while in the grocery line. I laugh but thank goodness no one heard it and looked at me funny. I had this big smile looking around. Lol, I couldn't help it. I would never do on purpose.

Reading an article about the BBC using computerised subtitling on their programs and people complaining about some of the unintentional mistakes.

Examples included:

During the Queen Mother's funeral, the solemn words "We'll now have a moment's silence for the Queen Mother" became "We'll now have a moment's violence for the Queen Mother" in one BBC broadcast.

In another embarrassing faux pas, a reporter visiting a farm spoke of how the pigs "love to nibble anything that comes into the shed, like our wellies."Unfortunately the subtitles alongside the report changed the last word to to a rather childish homophone.

:laugh:

Edited by hocico

When I got up at 4am and my wife was sat playing an online game because she couldnt sleep, so I gave her a big cuddle and asked her if she was ok and if the people her country normally slept upright in chairs or would she like to try the bed? her reply was "my country declares war on your country" :laugh:

My little doggie cocking his head, P**king his ears, and barking back at me when I barked at him. No, I don't have anything better to do than bark at my dog....

I bark at my dog too, its okay! Soooo funny he looks at me the same way like "No way! Mom barks, too???"

(Was that "perking" his ears up? Wonder why it is censored?)

Edited by 1000milejourney

My little doggie cocking his head, P**king his ears, and barking back at me when I barked at him. No, I don't have anything better to do than bark at my dog....

I bark at my dog too, its okay! Soooo funny he looks at me the same way like "No way! Mom barks, too???"

I know, right? They get so confused - and sometimes, he gets spooked and runs away!

You know, I was surprised it was censored, too. Actually, the word I used starts with "pr" and ends with "ick"-ing, sigh. Now I know....

I laughed when I realized, in the car on the way to the grocery, that my pants were wet! :lookaround:

I'd been checking the fluids under the hood, and ran the hose over my windows, but seems I was making a big puddle and standing in it! So, went to the store with the bottom 3 inches of my jeans soaking wet.

I know, right? They get so confused - and sometimes, he gets spooked and runs away!

You know, I was surprised it was censored, too. Actually, the word I used starts with "pr" and ends with "ick"-ing, sigh. Now I know....

Oh that's funny! That was my laugh for today! Thank you!

This'll take a bit to explain, but as you'll see, it's pretty worth it.

I went to a restaurant a couple nights ago to see a guy I know play a live acoustic set. When I got there, I saw that he wasn't the only one playing, that there were three others playing too, and each one was an employee of the restaurant itself. They took turns playing in a round-robin, sometimes supporting each other but mostly performing their own original songs, glad to be playing music in their own restaurant instead of waiting tables or cooking or bussing for a change.

The guy I went to see was good, and there was one other guy who was extremely good, both playing very laid-back ballads and easy-listening songs. Then there was one guy who, while having skill, chose instead to spend most of his time talking about the sports game that was happening instead of playing, which was annoying.

Finally, and much more annoying, was a girl who had an incredible voice - and used it at maximum volume, and for sustained periods of time. "Screeching and screeching and screeching" is the only way to describe it, and most of the people who left the restaurant did so right before she got up for her third set. As in, right as she got up and danced around the stage while screeching as loud as she could.

Now, while that part was mostly just an annoying volume and "Please, somebody, look at me! This is a big music city and I really hope somebody notices me!" issue - very understandable - the truly funny part is this.

Right before that set where she got up and broke the peace of the evening by screaming and prancing, she explained that as an employee of the restaurant, she liked to practice singing (like I said, she does have an incredible voice, if she could learn to not drown out everything else with it) in the back of the restaurant in between shifts. "This building used to be a hotel," she explained with drunken giggles, "and there's this shaft in the back of the kitchen where there's a great echo. I don't know why it's there, but it makes my voice sound great, and I practice every night!" After which she proceeded to screech, watching her own reflection in the window the whole time.

The shaft she was describing is called a dumbwaiter.