Hello From The Uk!

:welcomeani: Hello Rich_30 and welcome to DF.

We are glad you have you on board at DF. Its a great community with some very friendly and supportive members. You will find tons of resources and medications and other mental health issues so make yourself comfortable, browse around and let us hear more from you.

Lindahurt

Hmm well it's always helpful to have a plan of action! What I've done in the past is write down hobbies and interests that I used to enjoy, but lost interest in because of depression, and try to take them back on. I'd only try one at a time though so as not to set too much pressure on myself in case I found I couldn't do it. It's just like rediscovering what you enjoyed before and I found it's great for your mood throughout the rest of the day. laugh.gif

Haha oh I wish I did, how useful would that be? :P

Useful indeed! I'm sure the military must have developed magic wands, but aren't sharing them with the rest of us.

Or perhaps not ;)

Yeah, I have nine days off work now, so have some thinking to do. Started taking duloxetine again on Monday afternoon after 'wobbling' massively at the weekend. Hardest part for me is feeling ashamed that I can't cope (for long) without meds of one sort or another. Hey ho.

What are your plans for the week? Working? Lounging?

Edited by Rich_30

I suppose we will never know!

That's good! Hopefully you'll be feeling a lot better after you've had some 'me' time. It's nothing to be ashamed of, honestly. I'm in the same situation because if I'm off my meds for too long I just hit rock bottom, the meds are there to help so if they're available there's no reason why you should go without or feel bad for needing them. (:

I'm just lounging really, it's nice to be able to relax once in a while. Have you got anything planned with your time off?

I was going to go to Portugal, but decided against it... fed up of being broke at the end of the month! ;)

So, just gonna relax I think. Maybe visit my parents and hit a theme park (difficult to think about depression when you dangling at some unnatural angle 200 feet in the air!). Had the break pre-booked as leave, so couldn't have come at a better time really.

And the sun is shining :)

I am as well as you can be and be depressed. Thanks for asking. Going out to lunch with a friend so looking forward to that. Have been to England many times and have good friends near Liverpool. Would like to live there if it wasn't so darned expensive. You are very fortunate.

Ah! I'm off to Liverpool in November on a field trip (yes, I'm 30 and still trying to get my degree!). How did lunch go? I just played tennis for 3 hours, had felt that darkness creeping across my brain earlier this afternoon, so the endorphins were much needed :)

Hello Smileyface :) How has today been for you? A bit of sunshine usually helps...

Hi Rich

I am an Aussie but with parents from Liverpool so I am an honourary depressed Brit! I am battling another round of depression......went of my meds about 4 months ago and have sort of gradually fallen back into the dark. Have spent 3 days under the covers - lucky its winter here! Its hard to keep the black dog at bay, I too wish for the magic want. Good on you for playing tennis.

I know how you feel about being ashamed about not being able to go without meds. I started back on the Lexapro today....hope it kicks in soon!

Millie

Hey Millie :)

Sorry to hear you've hit a low. Fingers crossed your meds do the trick. Tell yourself 'you're' in control of your depression (even though it might not feel like it at the moment). I usually find that quite empowering. Bully it into submission!

Evening all!

I'm Rich from England.

How do you do this without it sounding like AA? smilingteeth.gif

"Hello, I'm Rich from England and I suffer from depression".

Not like that...

Feel free to awkwardly introduce yourself back to me!

Hi Rich, I'm Andrea, from Scotland!! I've got the whole shebang (sp) Anxiety, stress and Depression!!

x

Hey Jay. Tell me about it. One of the most frustrating things for me is not knowing how I'm gonna be feeling from one day to the next; sods law means I usually feel like throwing myself off a cliff when I've got something fun on, and am full of beans when there's naff all to do.

And hello mememememe and Andrea! Shebang looks good to me Coopwink.gif Will it ever stop and we can all be happy? Who knows... but I'll ****** die trying. Teaching myself CBT now, and trying to sort my diet out. Nothing I haven't tried before, but just doing 'anything' positive is a step in the right direction.

Hope you've all had a bearable day, and fingers crossed for you tomorrow is even better.

My ancestors came over from your part of the world to look for a better life in Canada in the late 1800's. I don't think they were successful They ended up trying to grow ****** potatoes on Prince Edward Island. They moved west to the prairies where the mosquitos are as big as jet fighters, this would cause depression for anyone. I live in suburbia on the west coast. All the farmland is being paved over. I fear that the end is near. I need something positive to think about. Where is all the food going to come from in the future over in Europe?