How Do You Feel Today #21

Trace

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of tired. Yesterday and Monday I did more staining with my mom on our house, then I had work after that. Makes a long day! I also feel thrown off at work, because last night I suddenly had to start learning stuff in a different department. I work in a warehouse that makes different OTC products, and with layoffs coming by December, they are cross-training everyone so that whoever is still working will be able to handle different things. I was overwhelmed because I was learning part of it that is much more demanding physically, and I'm not a very big person (plus I was already tired from all the staining I've done over the last several days). But, I just have to keep remembering that I'm lucky to still be working...

Extremely upset over the fact that I'm losing someone I deeply care about and it's something I can't control.

Frantic thoughts invading my mind.

Severely lacking self esteem.

Cried uncontrollably for hours non-stop.

Feeling unworthy, unloved and desperate.

Lacking faith in humanity. Hating everyone. Not you guys though.

Not great. I missed garbage day (the one day I take it to the road 30 minutes late, they come early, when I am always leaving for work and the cans are always still full). I overdrew my bank account (which never happens but I'm so tight on money right now and I wasn't careful enough) so now I get to pay overdraft fees. My fault, I know. I barely have enough gas to make it until payday, which at least is tomorrow. Could be worse I guess. Ugh.

Well, I think my meds are at least blunting the full force of the emotions and depression.

Guest WithOpenEyes

I'd feel good if I weren't so frustrated about my extreme exhaustion and increased amount of sleep. I had my blood tested, they found nothing. I exercise and just add more physical exhaustion. I take less Klonopin and I feel no change.

If I go to the psychiatrist and get my meds lowered and it's not the meds making me tired, I think I will go insane. It's the last thing I can think of that is making me so tired. I just want to get on with my life now that I'm feeling better and actually do things and then feel energized afterward, not feel like I have to take a 3 hour nap.

Doubtful. Do I really want to be a special effects make-up artist? I'm trying at least. Maybe. :unsure: I don't know what I want to do.

You are NOT alone in that...I went through 7 1/2 years of schooling and I am currently unemployed because I don't know if it's what I want to do so I am not looking for a job in my field yet. I admire you for at least trying. That sounds like a really interesting profession too, and something that would be enjoyable. I know you will figure out what is best for you. :)

I cannot believe I am actually saying this because I haven't felt this way in several weeks, maybe even months, but I had a good day today. It scares me a little to say it, I don't know why, but it's also really refreshing. Wow. I am so proud of myself for working through some really tough issues in therapy that led me to begin to feel this way again. I know I will still be on a roller coaster for a while, but I am so astonished that there is actually an up now rather than continual pits of despair. Thank you God, thank you people of DF and thank you to myself who is beginning to feel I am worth working on. :)

Exhausted. I decided to hang out with this girl before my class and it wore me out. I don't know if I've become so introverted that conversation now wears me out or what. Somehow I ended up agreeing to go to this event with her and I was also embarassed that she had to lead me by the hand so to speak, to get my student ID. She was nice though. I ended up feeling pretty sick in class, slight nausea and I ache all over!

I should have cut class today, we did a compeltely pointless activity and in no way did it relate to finding a major or a career. Who arranges these classes anyway? I could have skipped and not missed anything important.

I'm also frustrated with myself that I don't know how to do seemingly simple things like checking out books, opening doors, or figuring out what bus to take. Everyone else seems to be able to do it why can't I?

Edited by DarkRain

Exhausted. I decided to hang out with this girl before my class and it wore me out. I don't know if I've become so introverted that conversation now wears me out or what. Somehow I ended up agreeing to go to this event with her and I was also embarassed that she had to lead me by the hand so to speak, to get my student ID. She was nice though. I ended up feeling pretty sick in class, slight nausea and I ache all over!

I should have cut class today, we did a compeltely pointless activity and in no way did it relate to finding a major or a career. Who arranges these classes anyway? I could have skipped and not missed anything important.

I'm also frustrated with myself that I don't know how to do seemingly simple things like checking out books, opening doors, or figuring out what bus to take. Everyone else seems to be able to do it why can't I?

I think you did great today by going to class even when you didn't want to. You also were social and agreed to go to an event even if you might not want to. These are good things, in my view. One thing I do that helps me is to prepare beforehand. Think about what busses you need to take before you get there. Ask questions. Watch people go before you and scope out what they do first. That'll give you some idea of how things are done (like checking out books).

:hugs:

I think you did great today by going to class even when you didn't want to. You also were social and agreed to go to an event even if you might not want to. These are good things, in my view. One thing I do that helps me is to prepare beforehand. Think about what busses you need to take before you get there. Ask questions. Watch people go before you and scope out what they do first. That'll give you some idea of how things are done (like checking out books).

Thanks Spiritual Wanderer. :hugs: Sometimes people aren't always around for me to see what they do. And I get really embarassed when I can't do something simple so I tend not to ask.

I kept making excuses for not going with her to the meetup and she kept reassuring me that it'd be okay and we could do this or that instead. :blush21: She's really nice.

Thanks Spiritual Wanderer. :hugs: Sometimes people aren't always around for me to see what they do. And I get really embarassed when I can't do something simple so I tend not to ask.

I kept making excuses for not going with her to the meetup and she kept reassuring me that it'd be okay and we could do this or that instead. :blush21: She's really nice.

Today I am self medicating. I haven't done this before, but other self med drugs aren't cutting it anymore. I'm thinking I should get diagnosed and treated by a doctor already. I hate everything. I guess you could say I feel depressed, angry and resentful all in one today. The s***ty weather isn't helping things either.

Edited by DarkRain

Annoyed.

I know that a big part of dealing with my mental health is going to be decisions that I make, such as having a consistent sleep schedule, avoiding alcohol, etc.

That said, today, I just want to be a 21 year old, I want to do what I want when I want and know that I will bounce back. So today, I am annoyed with my depression.

A bit nervous because we have a meeting at work first thing this afternoon, and it is likely going to be about upcoming layoffs. It gets clearer every day lately that everyone is worried...this rural area we live in has absolutely nothing for jobs aside from part-time in a store or something. There are also many people there who either have kids at home or are starting to get up there in age, which makes it harder to get hired somewhere else. Anyway, I want to learn more about where we're at business-wise, but afraid of learning that some or all of us on the 2nd shift may be out of work soon.

I'm getting over stomach flu. And I just got a mail sent back to me with a request for more postage. That irked me, as that's not a problem I have ever had. And I need to deal with it soon (and for me, there is no soon as far as responsibility goes.

I'm also just feeling a weird vibe of sadness, like I want to cry. And it doesn't seem related to what I began my post with.

Depression sure is mysterious.

Low and tired. Also feeling an onslaught of worry and grief because tomorrow is what would be my parents' 35th anniversary, but it'll be the first one since my dad passed in February. I've also continued feeling worried about layoffs at my job coming up...the anxiety over that has really gotten to me lately. Just a down day...hopefully my mom and I will get through tomorrow ok