How Do You Feel Today #21

Trace

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feeling more down today because we talked about Cancer in my biology class today and I've lost alot of family members in the last 18 months due to cancer 2 aunts in their 50's, and my grandpa about a month ago. made me realize i'm probably never going to get a break from the drama that seems to happen to me in my life.

Kind of down with a disappointed feeling. I've had concerns since my mom was laid off from our employer 4 weeks ago, and new worries because my mom found out at the eye doctor this week that she has the beginnings of a cataract in her left eye (she is 55). My dad had cataracts removed from both eyes when he was in his early to mid 40s, and it was a long healing process. My mom's eye won't need surgery for quite some time according to the eye doctor, but it's hard knowing that she has that hanging over her head on top of everything else she's been through this year (my dad dying, then losing her job). I know it's good that I'm living at home with her and that I still have a job for the time being, but I struggle with a familiar bitter feeling that she has really gotten the crappy end of the stick in the last couple years, as did my dad (they had both lost long-time jobs in 2008 and '09).

But, we talk about things, and we agree to try to keep our heads up and do what we have to do...

Kind of down with a disappointed feeling. I've had concerns since my mom was laid off from our employer 4 weeks ago, and new worries because my mom found out at the eye doctor this week that she has the beginnings of a cataract in her left eye (she is 55). My dad had cataracts removed from both eyes when he was in his early to mid 40s, and it was a long healing process. My mom's eye won't need surgery for quite some time according to the eye doctor, but it's hard knowing that she has that hanging over her head on top of everything else she's been through this year (my dad dying, then losing her job). I know it's good that I'm living at home with her and that I still have a job for the time being, but I struggle with a familiar bitter feeling that she has really gotten the crappy end of the stick in the last couple years, as did my dad (they had both lost long-time jobs in 2008 and '09).

But, we talk about things, and we agree to try to keep our heads up and do what we have to do...

My condolences to you for the lost of your father and the hardships you are facing. I understand you bitterness but wish the best for improvement in your situation.

Lindahurt