Mention One (Or More) Thing(S) You Will Do To Morrow To Cope With Your Mental Health. Better Opportunities For Better Mental Health (May Be Small). #2

Trace

This is a quicky. :coophelp: I feel depressed, have low motivation and am not able to keep my daily structure that I need so much. I am afraid! I have now repeated how I used the technics fit for me especially and will give it a try:

I will use Thursday and Friday to try to make my home livable (that means cleaning and cluttering). Saturday I will buy groceries. For these three days I will use one hour each day to sit down and see how I can help myself to get out of this bump. I will try to eat properly.

Sunday I will go to Church and visit relatives. I will also make a plan for Monday.

I will do journaling and charting each day.

Hope you all are doing well!

This is a quicky. :coophelp: I feel depressed, have low motivation and am not able to keep my daily structure that I need so much. I am afraid! I have now repeated how I used the technics fit for me especially and will give it a try:

I will use Thursday and Friday to try to make my home livable (that means cleaning and cluttering). Saturday I will buy groceries. For these three days I will use one hour each day to sit down and see how I can help myself to get out of this bump. I will try to eat properly.

Sunday I will go to Church and visit relatives. I will also make a plan for Monday.

(((((Rosegirl)))

I think you have made some attainable short term goals for yourself and wish you the best in making daily progress.

HUGS

Lindahurt

Lindahurt, THANKS for your consern! :hugs:

I have used hours to do paperwork regarding my health. I have tried to make a system to put into my homemade "book for keeping track on my health". What I need to do now is to follow my daily plan either I feel this or that way. I have made room to plot in variances from the ordinary plan when that is needed, so that I can do whatever I have to do when my plan "tells me so".

I will use the next month to create good "before bedtime" habits.

Found these advice for the evening at a page for how to make good plans:

1. Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

2. Take a few minutes for yourself

3. Check your Calendar for Tomorrow's Events

4. Spend 2 minutes clearing off your Hot Spots

5. Shine your sink

6. Wash your face, moisturize, brush your teeth and floss

7. Go to bed at a decent hour

I will keep them in mind and use a whole month to really work hard on these issues. In my opinion, it's how we finish our days and the plans we have made for the next day that give us frames to tackle our depressions.

((((Rosegirl)))

I was going through something similar a few weeks ago, and something that helped me get out of it was to write down a few positive things everyday. That kind of helped me to think a little bit about the positives and not dwell on the negative so much. I know its not much but its a small thing to help.

Its good that you have a plan for everyday.

We're all here for you,

Ocean

Not let the "what if's" get to me,

let others help me and let them be there for me, don't think that they are not

try not to be too sad about the coworkers leaving, I will miss my two coworkers very much

I finally made some good friends and they are leaving

Don't put too much pressure about others, just get things done

Hi Rosegirl, thanks for letting us know how you're doing, I'm glad that you have something to use to help with the depression, the book sounds great! I spent my vacation cleaning my house (Congrats on your storage, I know the feeling of cleaning out something!) I still have more rooms to go, but sometimes I feel like I can think better if the houes is clean.

Ocean

Thanks Ocean! :console:

Hope you are feeling that you manage your aims! I try and try to crawl out of this very depressed state, but so far I haven't managed that.

My goal for Sunday is to be able to go to Church and to buy some food. (I have felt it too difficult to go to the groceries and to do the smallest "things"). :coopcray:

RG

I've done a few things that I've put off doing for awhile recently, including getting in touch with old friends again. Also tried reaching out to a few new people again. Both seemed to go okay... though one friend is avoiding the topic of how I've been doing because she knows thru word of mouth I tried to commit suicide back in June. I guess some people don't know what to say in regards to something like that.

One thing that I do fairly often now is drawing. My psychiatrist said I should do it every night since it was something I used to enjoy doing. She thinks that it might help with the depression for me to do something I used to enjoy because the joy might start to return that way. I guess it's good idea... even though I usually don't like what I draw anymore.

Things I need to do:

1. apologize to the people I hurt during my emotional outbursts (I still can't do this because I always end up crying and getting too emotional before I even start writing it. My doctor says that happens because it's important to me. I still don't even know what to say-- does anyone have some suggestions?)
  2. move into a new office and all the joys of getting files back in order that brings
  3. start some of the new video games I got for the holidays (I still haven't got around to playing some of them!)
  4. make an appointment with my regular doctor about my skin problems (Lamictmal seems to be causing me to have more break-outs of acne in addition to itchiness.)
  5. finish logging the recent incident reports at work (it doesn't help that people keep turning in old ones from the month of July now! That also means the census from July on this matter wasn't even accurate because of that.)

I don't know if these things count as things to do to cope with depression, but it would be so nice to finally get some of them done! :)

Edited by funchas

Things I need to do:

apologize to the people I hurt during my emotional outbursts (I still can't do this because I always end up crying and getting too emotional before I even start writing it. My doctor says that happens because it's important to me. I still don't even know what to say-- does anyone have some suggestions?)

Hi funchas,:console:

My advice to you would be to apologize when you

Hi Violet :flowers:

I've been extremely busy with going back to work, but I had a great vacation. Going back to work brings back some stressors and anxieties that leads to depression. I've been fighting it but trying to work through it. Went back to counseling to help through the rough times which helped a lot.

So sorry to hear about all of the earthquakes, it must be so scary, but you are handling it very wisely!

Relaxation techniques are a key for me as well, even when I don't think it will work, it does even if it is for a few minutes, it is enough to get some calmness back.

For today:

Continue breathing techniques,

Don't let alarming thoughts take over, replace them as soon as possible

Remember the peace I found today

Be thankful that my husband cleaned the house! Wow that was the most wonderful thing to come home to a clean house!

(((hugs to all))))

Ocean :flowers:

Well, tomorrow I will get up and go to my volunteer position in the morning, which accomplishes a few things. First, it means I actually get out of bed at a reasonable hour. Second, it means I go do something that requires me to interact with others, which means less wallowing. Third, it means that I do something that reminds me of the things I want to be able to do with my life, which helps motivate me to do my schoolwork. All good things, and I don't dislike it at all once I'm there, its just hard to take that first step in the morning.

Sorry I have not been able to read your posts in the last days (or may be it has been weeks. The time pass so slowly :upside: ). I've been very, very depressed. To morrow I will try to start on recovery again by getting up when the clock rings in the morning and then follow the plan I've forced myself to make for the day. Wish me good luck! :) :thumbs-up:

I send my best wishes for everybody on the thread. May your health improve and may you all feel that you are not helpless, but able to live with what ever your lives' circumstances are.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: