Sign in to follow this  
frangipani

Is Crying Easy Or Difficult For You?

83 members have voted

1. 1. Is crying easy or difficult for you?

• Very easy
    • A little easy
    • A little difficult
    • Very difficult
    • Other (please explain)
  2. 2. How often do you generally cry?

• At least once a day
    • At least once a week
    • At least once a month
    • At least once every three months
    • At least once every six months
    • At least once a year
    • Less than once a year
  3. 3. How does crying generally make you feel?

• Better
    • Worse
    • Other (please explain)

I posted in this topic last year I think but I thought I'd post here again, things have changed and now I find it very difficult to cry at all. The only reason I usually cry is if a friend or someone realises there really is something wrong with me and seem genuinely worried about me, that's when I cry. If they try and get out of me why i'm upset I'll usually break down in tears, this happens every few months at most.

I rarely cry even when I feel the need to cry. And I often cry in circumstances which seem odd to me. I once cried when I saw a magazine photo of a striken airliner that was on fire and moments from crashing, a crash that killed everyone. Not only did I feel a tremendous sadness for the people, but strangely, I feel that the airplane itself looked sad and depairing as it tried to fly and couldn't. Odd.

I cry randomly, at the drop of a hat. I cry for no apparent reason, completely out of the blue. I also cry when there's an emotional scene on tv or a song playing that hits home. I wanted to cry just reading this thread. I hate it. To me, it's an indication that I'm emotionally unstable..... and I hate that. I haven't figured out if it's because I'm depressed, or if I'm just very sad, or both. I feel all alone most of the time, and that's something that makes me cry. I only cry in private though, and I'm not on any meds. I refuse to take meds. I might have PTSD, but I don't know (I'm a Gulf war vet). I don't know if that would have anything to do with it anyway.

I wish I knew how to get on the road to recovery... my only option is the psychiatry folks at the VA hospital, and I don't have much faith in them. I can't afford treatment otherwise.

i used to cry all the time. Excessively actually. I would just burst out in tears randomly after class or when walking in the streets. Now that I have been in a long and severe depression and under some medication well I don't cry anymore. I try to but it's almost impossible. Why is that?

I go on youtube all the time and try to watch shocking or sensitive videos to try to shaken me up a little bit and sometimes i feel ilke im on the verge but it doesnt come... I feel like i have even given up on crying. It's like I'm so tired and exhausted. crying is just pointless to me.

I only cry during a particularly bad attack. Usually though, I couldn't cry even if I wanted to. I don't like to cry, though. It doesn't give me much relief, and it exhausts me.

I cry all the time. ALL THE TIME. I am crying reading this thread. I am crying about the sad looking plane! I don't know that it makes me feel any better, sometimes it tires me out nicely so I can get some sleep. Sometimes it scares me really bad, because sometimes when I start to cry I feel like I will never be able to stop.

Edited by calicosky

Depends on my situation and perhaps something reminds me of a sad point in my past. There are days I cry all the way to work and then I just shut things off while I'm there. During the winter time I cry the most I think.

It's a lot easier than it once was. I'm not sure my medication has much to do with it. I was raised on so much "I'll give you something to cry about if you don't shut up," that I ended up completely blocked off there for a few years. Even when my youngest child died, I was physically unable to cry. I can now. It took years of therapy.

I generally do feel better afterward, unless I cry myself into a sinus headache!

Edited by BradyLady

I cry all the time and over absolutely anything! I will just be having a normal conversation and I will start tearing and or balling with absolutely no reason! I even cry watching comedies its ridiculous I just can't help it! Lucky I have amazing family and friends who are now used to it and just ignore me and give me a couple minutes to recoup.

If im alone crying can bring me down into a horrible spiral of depression but if Im around others i usually end of laughing at myself in a few minutes! So it really depends on the situation if it helps me feel better or not!