Is Crying Easy Or Difficult For You?

frangipani

83 members have voted

1. 1. Is crying easy or difficult for you?

• Very easy
    • A little easy
    • A little difficult
    • Very difficult
    • Other (please explain)
  2. 2. How often do you generally cry?

• At least once a day
    • At least once a week
    • At least once a month
    • At least once every three months
    • At least once every six months
    • At least once a year
    • Less than once a year
  3. 3. How does crying generally make you feel?

• Better
    • Worse
    • Other (please explain)

Truthfully, beautiful moments in life and in movies, sad moments as well, really hit me hard if I understand where the emotion is coming from.

Other than that, I don't cry. Last time I cried was during my last relationship. I've had little urges during tough times, but they just won't come anymore.

i am extremely inconsistent when it comes to crying

i will go through periods of anger and sadness ect and WANT to cry but not be able to for years lengths

then i go through stages where i cry everywhere without wanting to...places like work or when im out with friends.. very awkward!

I kind of go in phases. During periods that spanned months when I was a child and a teenager, I would cry for 1-2 hours every day, it was really that bad.

My major depression usually just makes me feel emotionally numb, and so I don't really feel sadness or joy or anything, and so I don't really cry.

Sometimes I'll just get extremely sad for no reason, however, and I'll find myself weeping uncontrollably. This happens as often as twice a month, or as infrequent as 3-4 times a year.

The only times in the past few years that I've cried for "legitimate" reasons were when my dog died, when my ex girlfriend dumped me, and when my now fiance and I had a huge fight and I was certain she was going to dump me. Sometimes I don't cry even when I should, however, such as when my grandfather died. I was very close with him and miss him terribly and was grief stricken when he passed, yet I didn't cry.

So I'd have to repeat what others are saying in that I'm very inconsistent when it comes to crying.

• 9 months later...

I cry A LOT. It's very easy for someone to make me cry, or for me to think of something that makes me cry. And it's easy for a song or tv show/movie to make me cry. At least once a week, usually it's me crying myself to sleep or in the middle of the day depending on the reasons. Only when I'm alone, though. Every once in a while I will cry in front of my parents or my therapist. Doesn't really make me feel better, it can sometimes make me feel worse actually.

I cry when I wake up, all the way to work, whilst I'm at work, all the way home. I used to feel a little better, but it's no different these days. I think it's down to how frustrated and angry and upset I am at having this cruel affliction.

Lately that is all I do. Most of it is the mental torture I'm going through with my antidepressant (the burning sensations iny head, the brain zaps, the brain fog, the confusion. The loss of short term memory, the terrors, the insomnia, etc.)

i dont cry very often maybe a few times a year the way i was raised i was taught that crying is a sing of weakness any outword form of emotions were taught to be a sign of weakness and i think that has held deep roots within my depression i am getting better at showing how i feel but i still feel worse if i cry

I seem to cry for no reason. I will be relaxing reading a book then something will make me think of all the BS I have gone through in the last few years and I bawl my eyes out. After I will feel very anxious and I throw myself into an anxiety attack. My dr wants me to take ativan to prevent the melt down but I don't want to be dependent on a pill to make me feel better.

I'm kind of in the middle I guess. I rarely cry unless it involves family issues until recently when I fell into depression that I began to have episodes where I will cry uncontrollably out of nowhere as the feeling of sadness overwhelms me. The first time it happened was a few years ago and I think that time period was the beginning of my depression

• 1 month later...

I take 60mg prozac and find myself unable to cry in general. But sometimes I feel the NEED to cry so I will watch a clip from a movie or listen to a song that makes me cry.. it gives me a sense of relief. I cry over everything I couldn't cry about before... it just takes that little thing to open up the flood gates. I don't know if I feel better or worse after.. but with prozac I feel like I feel no emotion except depression and I find myself longing to feel SOMETHING besides depressed or numb. I feel the need to cry every few weeks... sometimes I make it happen, sometimes I don't.

I wish I could cry, crying sometimes makes me feel better but I can't cry my meds have made me numb in the face or something I literally can't cry and I want to so much. I believe every now and then it is good for you to cry it just let's out heaps of tension.

Searching for answers

If you'd put an option "I cry too easily" I would have picked that. I hate crying so easily, but I can't seem to control it. And unfortunately it makes me feel worse, not better, especially if I'm with somebody else.

Crying is very difficult for me to do.

I used to cry a lot when I was younger, and now I don't do it. People would tease me - make fun of me, and try to make me cry. So I just stopped doing it. That also led to me bottling up all my feelings and hardly ever showing emotion, however.

It's still difficult for me to cry, and when I do, I always feel worse. Like I'm some kind of ***** for succumbing to my feelings like that. I don't cry often - usually only when all the bottled up emotions get to be too much to handle.

After I was 9 or 10 I seemed to have difficulty crying. Even when I was at my most miserable it was almost impossible for me to cry. Even when I 'should' cry I just can't.

It's still difficult but ironically not as hard since I've been on my meds. The first time I truly cried (more than a few small tears) was a couple months after I started taking meds. I had a dream with somebody in my life that was really important to me. She had to move away years ago. So when I woke up I looked at pictures of how their life is now, on facebook. I started crying all over my computer thinking of what her husband did and why she had to move to get away from the bad memories and the public outcry. But they were also tears of joy, to see that she was still doing what she loved and her son was getting older. I cried over a tiny mistake I did last month even though it didn't even demand any thought.

Most of the time it's impersonal now. I cry when I hear a moving song or see a movie. A few weeks ago I cried a ton when I watched Forrest Gump again. Jennie dying gets me every time. :'(

I really didn't know what to pick. I can cry at the drop of a hat but I feel ashamed that I'm crying. I chose very difficult just for the being ashamed. I was brought up being told that you don't cry because you aren't a baby anymore. So I've bottled it up a lot growing up. I know it's nothing to be ashamed about but there is still that part of me that feels like an ***** when I do it. As for frequency, off meds it's pretty Darn close to every day. On the wellbutrin it's probably once a month or so. When I was on Zoloft it was never. I wouldn't have been able to cry to save my life.

Really interesting that it's basically tied between crying making you feel better or worse...

When something terrible has happened I have a very hard time crying. I voted once every few months or so but I honestly think it would help if I could do it every week.

One of the only things that can make me cry is when my husband tells me he loves me or that I'm beautiful or he wants to grow old with me--ESPECIALLY when we've been in a big fight. I have a hard time taking compliments. I always assume someone wants something out of me. I trust and love my hubby immensely but it's still just really hard to hear it from him.

I used to be unable to cry, but that has changed. Now, I can cry and I'm deliriously happy about it. I always feel better afterwards. It's as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders. They still ache, but at least it doesn't hurt as much anymore.

I cry about everything even if there's no actual reason too. It just overtakes me sometimes and the next moment I have tears running down my face. It usally makes me feel better but sometimes it makes me feel worse also because I feel keep dwelling on it.. But most of the times crying is a relieve to me.