Sign in to follow this  
sober4life

I Need To Know Something.

They started me on prozac today for anxiety. I have bad anxiety but my anxiety is much worse in the evening. So can I take it in the evening to calm down and not have to worry about not being able to sleep? I'm afraid it's one of those antidepressants that wake you up and make you want to stay awake for hours. Sleep is very important to me and I don't want to mess it up.

They started me on prozac today for anxiety. I have bad anxiety but my anxiety is much worse in the evening. So can I take it in the evening to calm down and not have to worry about not being able to sleep? I'm afraid it's one of those antidepressants that wake you up and make you want to stay awake for hours. Sleep is very important to me and I don't want to mess it up.

You might have to experiment with when you take it. Many people take their ADs right before bedtime, and it works great for them. I wouldn't wait too long before going to bed (after you take it) in the event that it does give you insomnia.

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise

Initially when you start taking Prozac you may experience insomia but it should subside over the next couple of weeks. You might want to consider taking it a little earlier in the day, of course, consult with your doctor before making any changes.

Lindahurt