Sign in to follow this  
reggimental

Pristiq 50Mg Vs 100 Mg

Hi All!

I am diagnosed with Bipolar type 2 and am currently taking lamictil 200 mgs which i have found to be great and a few months ago started Pristiq 50mgs.

I feel like i am yet again slipping into a depression (although never really out of one) and i have absolutely no motivation or drive for anything! Sleeping heaps and cant be bothered with people. :boredsmiley:

I am almost out of options i feel as I have tried most of the antidepressants and I find Pristiq great cos of no weight gain and no sexual side effects.

What I would like to know is if anyone has found benefit from going up to 100mgs from the usual 50mgs and if so, in what way?

Any feed back would be super! :lookaround:

Thanks!

Hi All!

I am diagnosed with Bipolar type 2 and am currently taking lamictil 200 mgs which i have found to be great and a few months ago started Pristiq 50mgs.

I feel like i am yet again slipping into a depression (although never really out of one) and i have absolutely no motivation or drive for anything! Sleeping heaps and cant be bothered with people. :boredsmiley:

I am almost out of options i feel as I have tried most of the antidepressants and I find Pristiq great cos of no weight gain and no sexual side effects.

What I would like to know is if anyone has found benefit from going up to 100mgs from the usual 50mgs and if so, in what way?

Thanks!

Hi there,

I have always been on 100mg since starting Pristiq. I swapped from Effexor to Prisiq and as the lower dose of Effexor (75mg) wasn't enough I had to increase to 150mg. I have read that Pristiq is a one dose medication and upping the dose can actually decrease the effectiveness but my doctor disagreed.

Hi All!

Thanks!

Hi there,

I have always been on 100mg since starting Pristiq. I swapped from Effexor to Prisiq and as the lower dose of Effexor (75mg) wasn't enough I had to increase to 150mg. I have read that Pristiq is a one dose medication and upping the dose can actually decrease the effectiveness but my doctor disagreed.

Great thank you!

So have you found it (Pristiq) to be effective? I used to take Effexor XR I think it was years ago and it was on some crazy high dose and i remember it working quite well but that was before i was diagnosed with bipolar - i think i was on 375 mgs...not sure if thats right cos it sounds like a hell of a lot!

I am seriously considering upping my Pristiq or lamictal....im not sure what to do! Roller coaster ride :veryangry:

I started on 50mg of pristique & found it better than effexor. Did increase to 100mg 3 weeks ago but feeling like I could go back to 50mg again. Found this website looking for side effects. Hope

I started on 50mg of pristique & found it better than effexor. Did increase to 100mg 3 weeks ago but feeling like I could go back to 50mg again. Found this website looking for side effects. Hope it's helped someone.

I have been on pristiq for 2 years on 50 mg, which has been fine, but I want to up it to 100mg

cause Ive had more depression, but why does a lot of internet information say 100 mg isn't any better than 50.   That doesnt make sense.