what time of day is worst for you?

moiraine

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the worst is the morning. Doesn't matter if it's the weekend or a weekday. I'm all nervous and anxious and want to sleep longer, but can't because I'm feeling too much anxiety. So, the best thing is to get out of bed, wash, dress, eat something and get outside. During the day it usually gets better, slowly. Often in the evening I'm OK. I can relax, read, watch TV, or whatever, and I feel fine. I'll fall asleep late in the evening and the next morning it starts all over.

I'm assuming everyone here has some part of the day which, for some reason, is a downer. My hours are 1-4 pm. It doesn't make sense at all and this takes place in good and bad days...anybody else have times of the day when you just feel down for no reason?

mornings are the worst for me. I have to force myself out of bed and face another day that i don't want to.

my worst time is at night. I can't sleep till 1am or so....at that time i just wish time could fly....but then in the morning is just like a hangover...i wake up feeling like guilty for something....i don't know....sometimes is easier....but it sure is hard.

I am usually very productive during the daytime, escaping my thoughts by becoming a mindless robot at work, or studying at school. It's the nights that **** me, especially trying to get to sleep. I toss and turn till about 3AM usually. I can't fall asleep, but I'm too tired to do anything. It can be pretty agonizing. Sometimes I'll take melatonin, about 9mg, but it tends to give me nightmares, and I'll be drowsy the next day.

It's comforting to see a lot of you say the same thing, although I kinda sound like a P**k for taking pleasure from others' suffering.

First thing in the morning. I wake up feeling like ive been hit by a truck in my sleep, then feel off, headachey, shakey, panicy, confused and not quite with it for the next few hours, then it eases up a bit after breakfast and then comes back a little round about dinner time, and then wears off after dinner and seems to stay at bay for the rest of the evening. I go to bed feeling quite well and positive and then get up the next morning feeling like ive been hit by a truck again. It seems to follow a pattern.

At its worst i feel like im either drunk or hungover. But i dont drink alcohol.

If i miss meals that also makes it worse. Eating seems to help a lot of the time for some reason. But not junk food (ie lots of chocolate), as it appears to help initially but after a while i start to feel worse. Sticking to regular meal times and a healthy diet seems to help. Its also worse after exercise which is annoying, cause i used to do aerobics regularly. Lately ive been avoiding them cause they make me feel bad.

Edited by Enigmatic_Soul

I am usually very productive during the daytime, escaping my thoughts by becoming a mindless robot at work, or studying at school. It's the nights that **** me, especially trying to get to sleep. I toss and turn till about 3AM usually. I can't fall asleep, but I'm too tired to do anything. It can be pretty agonizing. Sometimes I'll take melatonin, about 9mg, but it tends to give me nightmares, and I'll be drowsy the next day.

It's comforting to see a lot of you say the same thing, although I kinda sound like a P**k for taking pleasure from others' suffering.

I'm sure you aren't - Obviously it would be nicer if none of us were suffering, but it can be very comforting to know that you aren't alone.

My worst time is usually when I'm lying in bed, trying to sleep and everyone else is peaceful and quiet.

Guest Leisl

I usually have a bad day, it seems that every tuesday something happends to kick me down, and today is tuesday and yes something bad has happend that made me go off to my bathroom and cry. I was having a good day before that, i hate tuesdays! :hearts:

well it used to be just mornings but at the moment its all different parts of the day. dont know if its coz of my meds maybe the mirtazapine are making me anxious until i get used to them. just over 2 weeks on 30mgs..........and a bit of pms on top i think!

Like alot of people mornings suck so bad! It's like depressing thoughts have been marinating in my head all night long and when I wake up they just all hit me at once filling me with anxiety & sadness. It takes me forever to get up.

Nights are bad too. Sometimes I wake up and for a second I feel peace, then all the feelings just rush in, it's like I'm being drowned... they feel so unexpected, though they should be expected.

• 1 month later...

i fined the afternoon and night as i feel my head just shuts of and i feel very tired. i cant wach tv and take it all in i just hear talking but it does not register what beeing said. its taken me about ten min to type this message.

em xx

Evening is definitely the worst for me. Mid to late afternoon is usually the best time for me. Mornings can go either way. Sometimes waking up and immediately being hit by my feelings has more of an negative impact than at any other time.

i think that depression is worst during the night for me. being alone and the dark just makes everything in my head louder and worse than during the day. Mornings are worst for anxiety i think because of the impending day. mornings used to be much worse before i knew i had sleep apnea. interestingly one of the signs and results of sleep apnea is depression.

I have trouble sleeping at night.... like tonight - I know I'm tired - exhausted... but I can't fall asleep. So, I'm watching t.v....

At some point I'll fall asleep - but it'll only be for a few hours... and then I'll wake early... and then it's BAD.

Best time is afternoon and early evening.