What Is Your Work?

I am currently unemployed, I had an interview at Walmart that went well and am waiting on them to get my background check back which takes anywhere from 3 days to a week to get back. I am hoping to start college in the fall for LPN although I have kind been thinking maybe LPN is not what i really want, I would love to be a CSI but not sure if I am smart enough to do it.

Chrissylynn... you are smart enough to do anything you set your mind to, I just happen to come across this topic and read your response and if you see this then I say go for what you really want to do! No guts no glory so they say, but I have faith in you. Have a bit more self-esteem and self-assurance, you can do it if you set your mind and heart to it...

Good Luck and best wishes....

You mean the work God put me on this earth to do? Only jokingsmilingteeth.gif

I work in the Third Sector which is charity. I currently work for a women's empowerment project for women with learning disabilities. I'll be moving on though as my colleagues are something elseCooptsearch.gif

Edited by caridwen

I currently work two jobs at the moment. One is at a distance education centre that uses various formats to reach out to remote sites all across Ontario. The second is at my province's liquor control board (I tend to call it the LC, after its real name of LCBO). It's literally my dream job, even though I'm just a measly summer replacement cashier. It hasn't been easy lately as I've not only been working every day this week, but also because it's prom season. By law, we cannot sell alcohol to minors, or even to people who are buying for minors. Twice this week I had to ID youth who came in together to buy liquor. Of course they got real p**** at me because they think it's unfair. Really, how am I supposed to know they are not underage? Gaaah!

I work full time in a small manufacturing plant in my town. We produce and package various OTC products like glucose and fiber tablets. I work in the packaging area on 2nd shift. I just hit the 2-month mark there :) Prior to that, I worked from Sept. '08 to Feb. this year as a valet/parking attendant at a huge hospital in Portland, Oregon.

At the moment I am a senior travel consultant. I have been doing this for 6 years, but it is just to pay the bills. Up until then I had two jobs that I did in conjunction, I taught horses and I worked in the food industry for many, many years, 12 years plus. I had my own catering business and restaurant.

I work for a major forklift truck manufacturer as a technical workshop supervisor.I am sick of it - am trying to escape back to 'just' being an engineer. I like fixing things and finding faults - I DONT like incessant demands and pressure from people who have no clue what they are talking about, endless business politics, pointless and unachievable targets....

Edited by tryinghard

I have resigned from my job within the past fortnight, I was working nightshifts, stacking shelves in a supermarket...worse job I'e ever had. I am a qualified Nursery Nurse and have also got a degree so am hoping once I stat to get better I can get into the field I wish to work in.

I have four jobs I really love:

I work in post production at a TV-station, translate and prepare shows and movies for broadcasting,

teach art and films at the Academy of Arts,

manage film festivals and art shows in the National film archive,

write articles and books for publications.

I am currently unemployed, I had an interview at Walmart that went well and am waiting on them to get my background check back which takes anywhere from 3 days to a week to get back. I am hoping to start college in the fall for LPN although I have kind been thinking maybe LPN is not what i really want, I would love to be a CSI but not sure if I am smart enough to do it.

My bro works for them. He's been there for a really long time. Sounds awful though, its been about 10 years and he's only now got regular office hours and a regular "weekend" although his 2 days are not at the weekend. It was really hard for him, working all hours and so many days together for a really long time.

I'm a librarian but im off sick, have been for months and months now :( I think I'll get back to work but not in my old job, I just can't see it. I need fewer hours or fewer responsibilities.

I am a taxi driver for handicap people..meanin people with insuries etc that cant usually use normal taxi.its a minibus with lift, so i can take wheelchair customers etc..

Sometimes ,when i feeling really down, i feel my customers are more okey than me....lol.. detective2.gif

I used to be a TA for beginning engineering classes. No job atm, but gonna go back to school when I can with my major in Chemical Engineering. I would probably like to research but I'd probably find producing something I see as worthwhile fine.

Edited by Sparkhawke

I am a nursery nurse work with 0 - 4 year old brilliant job to be honest!

I have been off work for 2 months due to my depression its getting out of hand my work and my college are pressurising me to go back to work but i am not ready and i feel they are pushing me way too far! i can't work around children like this can i ? i can crack up any minute that's how i feel i don't know if i will be able to cope to be honest but i am worried if i have more time off i will loose my job and that will pile more stress and pain on my back! Not having a good day today :(

I have worked as a barn hand most of my life, Sucks to live without insurance, though working for cash kicks ***. I have since then worked as an assistant teacher, online article writer, receptionist and sales girl, cleaning lady....I am unemployed right now. I have been actively looking and going on interviews but since I have a criminal record, which I am totally honest to everyone about I never land the job. The conviction was 6 years ago and I am a changed person but it is hard to express that to someone who is going to hire and pay you and trust you. I have been so desperate to pay my bills that I recently started working as a cam girl ( nothing I am proud of, I totally hate everything about it) for the past 6 months or so. It has paid the bills but I want a JOB. I havent put in any time for over a month because I hate it so much but am going to have to start again because I do not want to get behind on my bills.