1. 1. What is Your Status

• single
    • engaged
    • married
    • Cohabitation with significant other
    • divorced
    • widowed
    • involved in long term relationship but not living together
  2. 2. Are you satisfied with your status?

I've been married happily for 32 years. Despite my recent mental health there is nothing changing our commitment and love for each other. We have 2 great children, 2 great children in law and 2 perfect grandchildren. I wish for everyone to have such a wonderful loving family.

You have what truly matters, Crazyguy. And I wish you ongoing happiness.

I have not been ready to be in a meaningful relationship for some time. I

I've been married happily for 32 years. Despite my recent mental health there is nothing changing our commitment and love for each other. We have 2 great children, 2 great children in law and 2 perfect grandchildren. I wish for everyone to have such a wonderful loving family.

You have what truly matters, Crazyguy. And I wish you ongoing happiness.

I have not been ready to be in a meaningful relationship for some time. I

What a blessing to have 32 years with the love of your life. I wish you many many more.

Lindahurt

Lindahurt thank you very much. I appreciate you caring thoughts.

Your testimony of your wonderful relationship with your wife will bless many. We need to hear things like this.

:hugs:

Lindahurt

What a blessing to have 32 years with the love of your life. I wish you many many more.

Lindahurt

Lindahurt thank you very much. I appreciate you caring thoughts.

Your testimony of your wonderful relationship with your wife will bless many. We need to hear things like this.

:hugs:

Lindahurt

Thanks! :)

I have been married 14 years. My husband is extremely supportive. He is my best friend. We are both human and have our ups and down but I can honestly say that I wouldn't want to live a single day without him. I had a very bad first marriage that dragged on and off for about 17 years. That was a nightmare. I never thought that I would get another chance. When I met my husband I told him that I had gone through bouts of depression but that I was ok at the time. I downplayed the depression because I was so afraid he would reject me and who knows....he was scared away from other women who shared too much. However, once we got married and he grew to love me very deeply my problems didn't seem to cause him too much stress. He told me that he made a decision to love me and that he would like to spend eternity with me....So I guess I also hit the jackpot. Honestly, sometimes I wonder what he sees in me. I am grateful. On the flip side, he gets frustrated with me sometimes and tells me to snap out of it....He tells jokes, tries to entertain me, drags me out of the house, takes me for walks, changes his plans to help me, get me to the doctor, etc. In turn I try and give him a little slack. He is very artistic and wants to work on his animation stop motion movie and creative stuff and that is time-consuming....so I too mus be patient and understanding. Our relationship, and really all relationships, has tradeoffs. It isn't 50/50. Sometimes he gives 70% and I give 30 and vice versa. There have been times when I was in the hospital that he never left my side except to get food or take a shower. I will cherish the time we have....and hope that it lasts as long as possible before one of us passes away......Life is so fragile and precious.

I am married. I am still getting used to saying this as my now husband took me to Las Vegas at the end of November and we decided to just get married whilst we were there(mainly due to not wanting all the pressure of a wedding here and cost which would cause more stress). I have been with him for 6 years and 2 months and he is the only boyfriend I have ever had. I met him a few months after starting uni and told him right away about my depression (which had then been going on 9 years) and my self harming. He is amazing and supports me 100%, he is always there for me. He has been living at my parents house with me for a year and a bit, since he got a job near where I live. Before this he lived a bit further away. He is a 24 and I am 28.

I currently live with my boyfriend and I enjoy it. I've had lots of bad or not so good relationships in the past but this one is the best. He has depression and anxiety issues just as I do and the level of caring and understanding I get from him I have gotten from no other. I've never felt good about other relationships, but this one I do. I am glad that he is living with me, we help each other through the hard times.

I'm 26 and never had a GF. Never even came close. I get ignored by any girl I've ever tried to talk to. Hell even on dating sites I can't get 1 reply. At this rate I'm gonna have to pay to lose my virginity or die a virgin.

I'm married, and sometimes OK with that. Sometimes my wife is very supportive, but sometimes it feels like she wants to kick me for not getting out of my own way when the downs get really low. I'm in therapy and trying my best to out-think my negative days. It's tough. I wish my wife was all-in with support. Sometimes it feels like we aren't even friends anymore after 10 years together. ANd that hurts the most.

Happily married for nearly 9 years. My husband has been very supportive, and I am so lucky to have him in my life. At the same time, it makes me feel guilty, like I have no right to be depressed, because my problems probably appear minor to others who suffer from depression. Yet they are very real to me, and I struggle with them every day. *sigh*

I'm 26 and never had a GF. Never even came close. I get ignored by any girl I've ever tried to talk to. Hell even on dating sites I can't get 1 reply. At this rate I'm gonna have to pay to lose my virginity or die a virgin.

Stuarachel, what kind of places do you go out to meet people? Have you tried joining a gym? or a club that interests you like travel or music? Personally I am not looking to meet a new partner as I have been married for 32 years but I see plenty of opportunities to meet new people every day. Maybe you have to try thinking outside the box, change the places you try meeting people.

In a long term relationship for a year, they don't usually last this long, not something I find it easy to handle, but this one makes me want to work through my issues and get to the bottom of them for a better future, he's totally worth it.

I'm single and I'm fine with that. I used to not be; I've been single for my entire life, and for a long time I felt like I should have a relationship, and now I realize that all I really want/need are just close friends that I feel completely open with. That change in mindset has relieved a lot of anxiety.

I'm single, and while I've had small flings off and on, I've had nothing long-term for at least 5 years (which last 3 months), and nothing longer than 6 months. I'm trying to be optimistic and relax in my "singleness," but it's difficult much of the time. I would love to have a successful long-term relationship, but I'm unsure about whether that's a good idea right now considering my life circumstances.

I'm single, been so for almost 4 years now. Sometimes it gets me down, but I'm trying to think that what originally gets me down is a completely different matter. That my being single is due to my originally getting depressed, and if I could make progress dealing with the issues I have, my relationship status might change. Also, sometimes I do wish I had someone, but I'm also trying not to think of a relationship as a "saviour" of sorts for my problems. I've got a relationship to a therapist already, no need to get a second one, if you know what I'm saying? When I was younger I used to think that having a gf would help with a lot of things, but that's not a good mindset I think.

It's not impossible, I think. :) Even though it might often feel that way. Self esteem matters a lot. Also, your outlook on life. If you always feel negative that is reflected on your appearance. Don't get me wrong, I often feel negative myself. What I mean is that such things get picked up by others, and those might put people off. I know I'm not at my most attractive when I'm having a bad day. That is, even worse a day than usual. :)

Maybe you have serious issues with your self esteem? I'd guess that is usually what complicates getting a relationship. Are you seeing a psychologist or anyone? If you think you've got self esteem or other issues, I'd suggest trying to get help for those - and maybe you are already, I don't know.

Losing one's virginity isn't always that cool an event. Mine was horrible, actually. But being intimate with someone is very important, so it's a goal worth going for, no puns intended. I wish for a happier, more positive outlook for you, that usually helps in these things.. :)

I'm single, and while I've had small flings off and on, I've had nothing long-term for at least 5 years (which last 3 months), and nothing longer than 6 months. I'm trying to be optimistic and relax in my "singleness," but it's difficult much of the time. I would love to have a successful long-term relationship, but I'm unsure about whether that's a good idea right now considering my life circumstances.

I have similar thoughts. On the other hand, I'd love to have a relationship. On the other, I'm still pretty deep in my depression, and often am unsure if I would have a lot to offer to someone. It's not the bestest of attitudes if I wanted to meet someone.. But I'm working on it.

I hope you can keep onto your optimism and not stress about it too much. I suppose these things come when the time is right. There are a lot of singles about, and there will be in the future.

I've had perhaps a handful of relationships. None of them have ever lasted long, except one that lasted for years and when it ended about two years ago, it hurt so bad because it was an ugly ending. I'm recently single from another realtionship. It's been difficult,but I'm dealing much better with it than I expected, at least for now. I long for affection and companionship, but I'm realizing now, perhaps a relationship isn't really ideal for me right now.

I'm in a polyfaithful relationship(s) and live with both of my partners.

Its...odd. There are issues, but they're (usually) tolerable and in the long run, its worth it.

Its funny how your perspective changes, I was also a 'late comer', pardon the pun. Your expectations build up too much and years afterwards you realize virginity is an absurd and broken human concept. The world would undoubtedly be a better place without it's social stigma and false promises.

So don't fret it about it friend, get out to different places or activities to meet people, with focus on meeting people, not sex.

I'm single but not really bothered to be honest. I can barely muster up enough motivation and concern for myself let alone anyone else. I think I'm better off on my own anyway.

I am struggling in a marriage with depression. I don't know if my marriage is awful because I'm depressed or if I'm depressed because my marriage is awful.

Medication helped for a few years but I don't want to stay on drugs forever.

I can totally relate. That is how I feel most of the time!!!!!! Although, when I talk to my therapsit, I get a different perspective.I am in a bad marriage, have been for 18 years, but did not realize it until about 5 years ago. I know it is unhealthy, and we both need a lot of help, me for my anxiety, PTSD and depression; him for addictions( he probably has anxiety and depression underlying the addictions) and he has a narcessistic personality disorder. Needless to say, my husband's behavior does not help my anxiety and depression at all.

Right now, I am not self sufficeint and can not support myself. I am hoping to get stronger and financially stable. my therapsit thinks I will be able to make healthier choices when I have more supports in place and finances straightned out.

It is hard though, we have been together for 18 years and have 2 children.... it is not so simple.

I'm a male in my 30's. I've been single for a couple of years now after an 8 year relationship.

I usually get upset when I have exciting news in my life and I don't have a significant other to share it with. I want to share my life experiences with a loving partner.

These days they are very hard to find and every day that passes I believe more and more that I will die alone. I just want to share my life.