Sign in to follow this  
theguy

So Called Christians

I get very angry when in conversation and arguemtns arise that some Christians seem to use the word of God as a weapon against another Christian and judge them making them look like the bad guy. I am a very humble person in this respect and take things with common sense. I have recently been judged so harshly by a so called Christian that it really makes me ill to my stomach. I have simple asked for her ex BF to apologize to me for how he treated me 1.5 years ago (very badly, threatened my life, marked up my car, stalked me with at the time I was with this Christian, etc) This Christian evidently knows all about me .. hmmmm. . ya ok. Anyway, I am infuriated with this person. After she spoke to me harshly and said God told her to say it she blocked me from FB so I could not respond. LOL What a joke. This is a typical reason why there are people who do not go to church because of people like this. I am thinking of either ignoring this woman and her BF or going to another church or maybe not go at all. I am so tired of these so called Christians who believe they are being Christ led and that comes out of their mouth is trash and judgement. Has anyone else been judged so harshly from another Christian and made you to look like the bad guy? I find this so pathetic.

Hello,

I understand your anger, as judgment is a pet-peeve of mine. Unfortunately, there are people within denomination who lay judgment on others. It is a hypocritical, unconscionable act, and yet they still have the audacity to claim they are doing His work. You will continue to find these people, as they exist everywhere; you may find one to be a coworker, boss, schoolmate, therapist, or any other profession. Keep a level head and vow to never become a judgmental person.

Hello,

I understand your anger, as judgment is a pet-peeve of mine. Unfortunately, there are people within denomination who lay judgment on others. It is a hypocritical, unconscionable act, and yet they still have the audacity to claim they are doing His work. You will continue to find these people, as they exist everywhere; you may find one to be a coworker, boss, schoolmate, therapist, or any other profession. Keep a level head and vow to never become a judgmental person.

Thanks, yes I have definitely vowed not to become a judgemental person. Unfortunatley my sister is afraid to go to church because of too many of these types of people found at church. It is unfortunate because she could really benefit from the good stuff.

Hello, I have to agree with poeticprose in that indeed I think alot of us have been burned by a so-called Christian in our lives, but best not to judge all Christians by the acts of a few. Many try in all respects to be nice. Remember the old saying "theres always a bad apple in every barrel" or something to that effect (sorry if I got the saying wrong but I think you get the jist of it) and we just have to understand that a few bad Christians do should not reflect on all of them.

I am so sorry that you have these negative experiences with people some who are called christiians but please believe that not all are like this. Some people say things out of ignorance and a judgemental heart. These kinds of people are not just christians but from all sorts of denominations and walks of life. But I can understand how you feel because your experience has been with a few christians. I consider myself a christain and would not treat you or anyone that way. I don't use my faith to be judgemental, manipulative, and controlling.

My heart goes out to you and hope that you will work through this without further pain.

Lindahurt

Do not fear the judgement. Some people will always find a way to torment and betray, that's those games that they play. But you can be better. You can be different. It's not about what you are, it's about what you believe in. So if I believe you will find a better way, you will.

Please hold courage and faith close to your hearts =)