Sign in to follow this  
SciFiBoy

I Want To Hurt Myself :(

I really can't keep doing this, going on through each day by myself, I hate myself, I hate the world I live in and I want to punish myself for how I feel, I spent the last hour trying to pluck up the courage to self-harm, I want to feel pain, I deserve to feel pain.

im really near the bottom right now and I dont know how to get out.

and oh yeah, these lyrics sum up far too many days of my life of late:

"There's a club, if you'd like to go You could meet someone who really loves you

So you go, and you stand on your own

And you leave on your own

And you go home

And you cry

And you want to die"

Edited by lindahurt

Sounds you are really in a bad place right now and I'm so sorry you are feeling so low. Try to get with someone close so you can share and talk with. Find a free support group in your area and meet people who know how you feel and can give you support. Most importantly see your doctor for a meds review. If it gets worst please call a hotline or go to ER for help.

Lindahurt

Edited by lindahurt

Despite not being alone in your feelings, as far as you're concerned, you might as well be. Depression rids us of the hope needed to believe in tomorrow and the fact that it truly will get better. Just by your brief post, I can tell that you are in no shortage of insight, which is a very good thing. It's possible that you do not find comfort in others - I am much the same. Realize that when depression arises, it may not be in waves. It is out of your control, yet it does not define you. Help is available, in psychotherapy and biomedicine. Hold on to the hope that it will get better, and in the meantime find a psychologist/psychiatrist who can help you work through the tough days. Self-destruction often seems like the only sure-fire solution, but it is never the correct answer. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you find a therapist who works for you.

Despite not being alone in your feelings, as far as you're concerned, you might as well be. Depression rids us of the hope needed to believe in tomorrow and the fact that it truly will get better. Just by your brief post, I can tell that you are in no shortage of insight, which is a very good thing. It's possible that you do not find comfort in others - I am much the same. Realize that when depression arises, it may not be in waves. It is out of your control, yet it does not define you. Help is available, in psychotherapy and biomedicine. Hold on to the hope that it will get better, and in the meantime find a psychologist/psychiatrist who can help you work through the tough days. Self-destruction often seems like the only sure-fire solution, but it is never the correct answer. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you find a therapist who works for you.

I find some brief comfort in my friends when I am with them, however I am too shy and low to ask them to hang out much and even when I do hang out with them part of me feels like they dont really want to be with me as im so pathetic, I also feel incredibly lonely all the time, even when im with them sometimes.