Sign in to follow this  
Spiritual_Wanderer

Prayer/good Vibes/happy Thoughts Request Thread

I didn't see a thread like this here, and without being religion-specific, thought it'd be cool to have a thread for people to post about a difficult time they might be going through and need some good vibes sent their way (or prayer if you believe in it), etc.

I'll go first.

I found out this weekend my brother's baby (his wife is about 5 months pregnant) might have dwarfism. They did an amniocentisis (sp?) to make sure and will find out in 1-2 weeks. Needless to say, it's a very emotional situation and his family needs prayer and happy thoughts sent their way in hopes that the baby will be perfectly healthy! Thanks.

:hearts:

Spiritual Wanderer:

I'm sure this is an unsettling time for your brother and extended family.

So, yes, prayer/good vibes/happy thoughts and the rest.

Peace,

Tim

Not feeling that great physically and emotionally. Angry and irritated thoughts everytime I'm around people. :sadwalk: Peaceful positive prayers/thoughts are always welcome.

Not feeling that great physically and emotionally. Angry and irritated thoughts everytime I'm around people. :sadwalk: Peaceful positive prayers/thoughts are always welcome.

DarkRain, I hope you feel better physically and emotionally and that the angry/irritated thoughts are washed away and that you feel peace and happiness through your entire being.

Many Blessings!

:console:

This is a great idea for a thread.

I´m sending everyone in need prayers and good thoughts. :hearthrob:

Right now there are very unsettling things happening in my country and we live in constant insecurity. I need some prayers as well.

I thought it was a good idea too!

I see you live in Iceland. I love the music there. Been a longtime fan of Bjork, Sigur Ros, Gus Gus...

I pray/hope that your country is stabilized and becomes safe and peaceful and the people happy and secure!

Edited by Spiritual_Wanderer

This is a very thoughtful post my friend, so I thank you for doing this. I myself request prayer...

I have Major Depression and Generalized Anxiety with a recent onset of Schizophrenic symptoms. I have filed for Social Security Disability, as I can no longer work due to these illnesses. The money is really tight and I keep getting surprising bills which I have no idea how I'm going to pay, because I have no income.

All I want to do is work and be like everyone else in the world, but I can't. I have not much interest in doing anything at all. I want to be an effective member of my family, which I don't feel like I can do anymore.

Thank you for you kindness and posting this. I really appreciate it!

Blessings to you!

Brandon

This is a very thoughtful post my friend, so I thank you for doing this. I myself request prayer...

I have Major Depression and Generalized Anxiety with a recent onset of Schizophrenic symptoms. I have filed for Social Security Disability, as I can no longer work due to these illnesses. The money is really tight and I keep getting surprising bills which I have no idea how I'm going to pay, because I have no income.

All I want to do is work and be like everyone else in the world, but I can't. I have not much interest in doing anything at all. I want to be an effective member of my family, which I don't feel like I can do anymore.

Blessings to you!

Brandon

Brandon,

I pray that you will feel peace and certainty inside and that all of your needs and financial obligations will be taken care of. I pray that you will have healing and/or learn to successfully live with your condition and that you will be shown your purpose and how to be effective and the person you desire.

Many Blessings!

I hope things get better for you!

:hugs:

Blessings to you!

Brandon

Brandon,

I pray that you will feel peace and certainty inside and that all of your needs and financial obligations will be taken care of. I pray that you will have healing and/or learn to successfully live with your condition and that you will be shown your purpose and how to be effective and the person you desire.

Many Blessings!

I hope things get better for you!

:hugs:

Thank you very much! I actually felt pretty good after reading that :)

Thank you Tim. I sincerely appreciate your posts here.

Well, they found out the baby does not have dwarfism, but will most likely die in utero or right after birth... Very very sad news. We are all devastated.

Somehow, as bad as depression and anxiety and our lives can seem, somehow, that is all diminished by things like this.

Thank you Tim. I sincerely appreciate your posts here.

Well, they found out the baby does not have dwarfism, but will most likely die in utero or right after birth... Very very sad news. We are all devastated.

Somehow, as bad as depression and anxiety and our lives can seem, somehow, that is all diminished by things like this.

Spiritual Wanderer:

I'm so sorry about this very sad news. I can only imagine that it is devasting.

Life can be so difficult. Really difficult things happen to people we care deeply about.

My heart goes out....

tim

I pray that EVERYONE on this forum and in the world, including myself, find the healing that we all need, the peace and tranquility that is our God given right.

Spiritual Wanderer--hugs and prayers to you and your family.

I'm sorry I haven't been around the forums for a while. Thankfully, my life has been very busy with career, family, & friends. I'm a teacher, so I was looking forward to a summer of relaxation and fun but, now...

A few weeks ago, at my yearly mammogram, they found a cancerous lesion in my right breast (I had already had a lump removed and radiation to that breast in 2003). Now, they will need to remove the whole breast and I will probably need chemo. :tear2:

Just when you think it's safe to breathe easy, my depression was healing, only one more year until retirement and Wham!another hit to my peace of mind and "smooth sailing." :sadwalk: (Such is life and I'm striving for "acceptance.")

My surgery will take place on June 8th and I would appreciate your prayers as I face it and the treatments to follow.

Thank you! :hugs:

Aerial, wow, I can only imagine what you must be going through. Thanks for posting and I definitely pray that the surgery will be a complete success and you will have 100% healing and recovery!

It does seem like those Whams! really hit you when you least expect it. I hope these coming weeks are not too stressful for you and that your depression continues to heal as well.

Hang in there!!!

:console:

:hearts:

Spiritual Wanderer--hugs and prayers to you and your family.

I'm sorry I haven't been around the forums for a while. Thankfully, my life has been very busy with career, family, & friends. I'm a teacher, so I was looking forward to a summer of relaxation and fun but, now...

A few weeks ago, at my yearly mammogram, they found a cancerous lesion in my right breast (I had already had a lump removed and radiation to that breast in 2003). Now, they will need to remove the whole breast and I will probably need chemo. :tear2:

Just when you think it's safe to breathe easy, my depression was healing, only one more year until retirement and Wham!another hit to my peace of mind and "smooth sailing." :sadwalk: (Such is life and I'm striving for "acceptance.")

My surgery will take place on June 8th and I would appreciate your prayers as I face it and the treatments to follow.

Thank you! :hugs:

Prayers going out Aerial. :)

I'm grateful for your good thoughts & prayers, SpiritualWanderer and kodadog--I appreciate your kindness! :hugs:

Update:

My brother's wife went into labor last night and their son was born and lived for 45 minutes, then passed away peacefully. My brother said that "God showed mercy the whole time." They have been living with this burden hanging over their head for months and now they can grieve and move on. They have one son almost 4 and will probably try for one more child later in the future.

It's a mystery how these things happen and why, but I feel there is a purpose we just can't see in the moment. In the end, it'll all make sense. Hopefully.

Much love to all of you who posted in this forum, I am sending my warmest thoughts, prayers and many hugs to you all.

I am the sort of person who likes to write prayers, I write them as poems or prayers, or whatever you want to call them.

I wanted to share this prayer I wrote with you all. I have written it in a spirit of interfaith, so as to not promote any one religion. I am a Christian myself, but wanted to write something that everybody from any religion or any spiritual path can relate to and understand. I hope you understand me and I hope this prayer/poem will help you:

Dear Spirit, All-Encompassing and All-Loving Being

I am tired of myself today, tired of the situation I am in,

I cannot find the words I need, I cannot express what I think and what I feel.

I just feel so tired and so much in need of you.

I cannot find the words to pray either,

because my soul is crushed under this burden that I am carrying.

I lay myself in your hands,

I rest there like a child in a cot,

like a leaf on the waters.

I do not know where I am going,

I do not know where life will take me,

I do not know what is going to happen,

but I give all of these burdens to you,

I put all of this on you,

because I know you can deal with it

and help me in ways I do not even know I need to be helped.

Please stay with me, when things are tough,

please hold me when I need to be held,

please carry me when I cannot walk on my own anymore.

I need you like I need air to breathe,

I need you like I need food to eat.

Please come to help me,

please come to give me support,

help me to see where I am going,

help me to understand what is going on in my life,

help me to go on for one more day,

one day at a time,

one minute at a time if needs be.

Just help me to go on,

even if I have no idea where I am going.

You are Love, You are Compassion, You are the All-Loving One,

You are the one who knows everything.

I do not know everything, and that is OK.

Being me is OK, even on a difficult day.

I am loved, and I am always in Your Heart.

Keep me there as I give my day to you.

Love me and carry me gently down my path in life,

I do not know where I am going,

but I know you know where we are going

and I know you will go with me there.

I have a hard time believing sometimes,

but that is OK, because you love me at all times.

Enclose me in your love and help me to go on in my battle.

Thank you.

Dear friends, I hope this text helps you. I just wrote this now. I felt that I wanted to share this with you, in the hope that somebody will get helped.

I write many prayers for my friends and others. If you need prayers please do feel free to drop me an IM and I will pray for you.

I will come back another time and post something here again as well.

Much love from Evin.