• fundamentalist Christian
    • liberal Christian
    • fundamentalist Jewish
    • liberal Jewish
    • Buddhist
    • Hindu
    • Muslim
    • New Ager/pagan/wiccan(specify)
    • Agnostic - seeker/disinterested (specify)
    • Atheist - dislikes all religions/Atheist - not interested(specify)
    • Other (Specify)

I have been rethinking the question after seeing a ceremony held by Buddhist monks in the temple by me,I don,t know if i agree with alot of Buddhist concepts or metaphysics at least not the chines and Tibetan mythology that is carried over from asian.I would probably identify myself as a daoist,stoic and a follower of the past of the buddha.Some people would accuse me of being atheist or agonistic but i feel like these words are to related to nihlism and a denial of the beauty of life and a fear of death.i think the universe has a consciousness and we are part of it when we look into it with science it gives us answers and tells ous the message when we act good and help each other,we feel we are doing the right thing.when we look for truth the answer becomes clearer when we learn to empathize with others the path of the universe begins to make sense and we can see people coming together,spreading peace and love.Its is more important to do good things,then to be focused on figuring out what belief system is right.

I was taught as Lutheran Christian in my childhood years in the school, but I've never really believed in it really, so I resigned from church few years ago after becoming 18 years old.

Nowadays I'm more ''New Ager'' if you would want to define it in someways, but I don't really want to put myself inside a box... 

I am more spiritual, believing that there are some higher energies in this universe (few bizarre experiences have happened in the past for me) etc.

''Spiritual'' would be the right word.

Edited by Wisteria

I'm definitely an atheist, my only belief is karma, though its more of a hope than anything, hoping that those who do wrong get what they deserve and that my own suffering means something

Im muslim and proud, i pray 5 days per day, im spiritual person and i believe in God with his messengers. :) 

Agnostic to start with, then met my ex and became a practicing Christian. Faith waned a little after my recent troubles last year but I still believe there is a god, go to church and try and help others when I can. I respect people from other faiths and I have no issue with homosexuals being in the church, so liberal christian I guess?

Edited by hocico

I think, I'm a conservative Christian, not sure if it is tantamount to a fundamentalist Christian...(rather not)...I would have no problem to support some of LGBTI rights e.g. registered partnerships (which may be viewed as liberal) People of various faiths can coexist together...finally I learn how to be more human from atheists many times. 

I rate myself a "6" on the Richard Dawkins Spectrum of theistic probability:

1. Strong theist. 100 per cent probability of God. In the words of C. G. Jung: "I do not believe, I know."
  2. De Facto theist.  Very high probability but short of 100 per cent. "I don't know for certain, but I strongly believe in God and live my life on the assumption that he is there."
  3. Leaning towards theism. Higher than 50 per cent but not very high. "I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God."
  4. Completely impartial. Exactly 50 per cent. "God's existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable."
  5. Leaning towards atheism. Lower than 50 per cent but not very low. "I do not know whether God exists but I'm inclined to be skeptical."
  6. De facto atheist. Very low probability, but short of zero. "I don't know for certain but I think God is very improbable, and I live my life on the assumption that he is not there."
  7. Strong atheist. "I know there is no God, with the same conviction as Jung knows there is one."
Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove outside links to Wikipedia pages

God? Quite likely, but I am definitely non-religious. Religious groups and I don't seem to get along for an extended period. ...so I put agnostic. I used to consider myself liberal Christian but my beliefs are pretty far from what the average Christian states you should believe. The term hypothetical Christian would probably describe me well. 

I am a Born Again Atheist.  Like everybody else I was born with no beliefs in theology, but like most people received religious training when growing up.  When I reached my teen years I began questioning religion, as a young adult I stopped believing in the supernatural entirely, and began living as an Atheist. 

i just realize more every day how unsure i am of anything at all. started with anxiety then it turned to anger and eventually i just stopped caring about anything else but myself and even then i really don't care anymore because it's too late to live like it should have been and i've lost respect for vast majority of humans.. it seems that things just are the way they are regardless of how they "should" be, ya know?
if there is a God and we are all connected as One and reincarnate for infinity to experience every possible existence with a plan then that means I don't have a choice anyways and might as well just sit here staring at the wall cus that's what was planned apparently

///edit: well what i just said is not completely true... i really care about my cat... since i first got her I wasn't as respectful to her as I could have been and am just amazed by how responsive every action of hers is to mine and can tell she really does care about me too. like she gets sad if i am bored and treat her like a toy to harass rather than a friend, and if i am attentive to the details like not to touch too long if she in a tired mood or know when her sensitive stomach bothering her she remembers and in turn is more respectful and affectionate to me by not waking me up or being annoying herself. humans are probably responsive in this way too so maybe its not like there's nothing to be done idk but i definitely don't see how if the rest of the world is manipulative why i used to be so naive to not see others as the robots they are that can be systematically 'programmed' to work with you or in your favor. Survival of the fittest. -- anythings goes if you can calculate the results then will yourself to do it.... God won't intervene, he created a world where Power rules and he the most Power freak of all

Edited by Circle

I am probably New Age, but I just say I'm spiritual and leave it at that, because I take something from basically everything. On the other hand, I actually have a huge soft spot for Christianity since I used to be a Christian. These days though, I feel more free when I don't fit myself into a religion. Granted, I'm not an Atheist and I'm not Agnostic. My personal belief is that God does exist so I cannot be said to be either of these. A lot of my beliefs just complicated the search for a religion so I ended up deciding that religion isn't for me. Spirituality offers more freedom of what I can believe and this is especially beneficial as a person that believes in a variety of different concepts.

I chose "other."  I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ.  I don't believe religion, being a good person, or being charitable gets you into heaven.  I believe that God sent His Son, Jesus, in the form of man, to take on the sins of those who would acknowledge Him as their Lord and crucified Savior.  

I spent a great part of my life in Secular belief.  I was deeply involved in the metaphysical; the enemy's work.  I used to debate with Christians about how brainwashed they were.  Because of this, I had to actually study The Bible in order to get around "those crazy Christians prattle".  

But when you put your heart into studying the Bible, miracles happen. My life transformed.  What a shocker!  

I praise God for the blessings He has given me.  The greatest blessing of all is to know Jesus Christ.

Fun fact:  "Thou shalt not judge" is not written in The Bible.  It does, however, read, "Thou shalt not condemn."  There is a great distinction between the two meanings. :)

I am an Episcopalian and my faith brought me a lot of comfort in the past but right now, it doesn't. I don't doubt that God exists in some form, but I just can't put my faith in the Judeo-Christian conception of God and I have stopped going to church more or less. I don't know if this will change or not.