Sign in to follow this  
sober4life

I'm embarrassed to talk about this!

Some of the bad things that I have that I can't stop and these things come and go one at a time.

The first thing is blinking. Most people blink automatically without thinking about it but with me when I think about blinking I have to control the blinking myself for a long time until I forget about it.

The next thing is walking. Sometimes I have to count every step as I take it for the entire day.

The next thing is swallowing. I get obcessed with thinking that my mouth is filling up even when it's not and I have to either keep swallowing until it drives me insane or if I'm outside I get obcessed with spitting. One time I got so obcessed with spitting that I passed out and fell on the ground.

The next one is the worst so don't read unless you want to give your mind ideas. Ok sometimes I get obcessed and think that I can't breathe automatically so I must control every single breath manually and this usually lasts all day even when I'm trying to go to sleep so it's really fun to sleep.

I know I'm crazy! I try to get doctors to understand the seriousness of these things but they just act like it's no big thing so I just have to stay in misery! :hearts:

Hi Ihatelife-

Did you see a regular family doctor, or someone who specializes in treating OCD? Perhaps you could speak with a different type of practitioner?

I think that your compulsions will sound familiar to many of the folks here who have OCD. Please don't be embarrassed. You're among people who understand your struggles and share them. I'm sure one of them will be along soon to respond to your post.

KA

Maybe you could try the approach that you're so anxious that you have these things you do to keep you occupied and it's wearing you out. Try to get someone to treat you for an anxiety disorder. Sounds like your current doc needs to be fired!

Jackie :hearts:

Ihatelife,

My daughter used to have trouble with the swallowing and spitting. She was going through many different issues at that time, and talk therapy helped her alot.

Please don't be embarrassed. :hearts: I agree, if the doc doesn't take your concerns seriously, then maybe another doc will.

Slip :bump:

There really isn't many doctors around here that prescribe the meds that I need. The community mental health building that I go to only has 2 doctors there and it's the only place even close to where I live. I live in the middle of nowhere. The other doctor is worse. I've tried to go to her when I was on the psych ward and she doesn't really pay attention to me.

Thanks Slipping into Darkness! I've been trying to get people to understand this for years and years. I honestly thought I was the only one like me. It does make me sad though to know that someone else went through what I go through. :hearts: It's the most miserable thing in the world!

Welcome to our room <WAVE>

You are not alone. Many people have thought patterns that become obsessive, usually worse during periods of stress.

What is bothering you most right now?

The breathing thing is bothering me most right now. It makes it very hard to concentrate on things when I'm like this. OCD is worse than being in jail I think. It's like being tortured all day everyday and there's no way to stop it! I just wish someone would shoot me and put me out of my misery!

Hang in there life. Try to relax or call someone up to talk. I hope this passes soon. If it gets too bad, don't hesitate to call for help.

Holy s**t... I thought I was the only one with swallowing/breathing obsessions !!

6 yrs ago I was severely obsessed that I would choke on food, so I would always drink water to "help" the swallowing process.

And also in my car when I drive, even now, I'm obsessed that there's not enough oxygen. Same thing when I'm talking to somebody at work, for instance, I constantly try to yawn and get more oxygen, due to the fear that I will stop breathing.

Insane, I know, but this is the story of my life!!!

Edited by ukw1980

Great news! Almost all of the things I talked about have either gone away completely or gotten much better. Things are so much better now that I can live life without being controlled all the time like some puppet. Right now I actually feel happy.

Sorry new member - I deleted your name as well as the LINK!

This is what our new member wrote:

"thats great i am happy to hear that you are feeling better now ..... "

I'm glad that things have improved too - what changes did you make?