Why Me? Why Us?

Leaflet

Hello, just wanted to reply are you *sure* others arent suffering also. I mean we are visibile here on DF as we come to seek help, advice, and fellow friendship from others in our same position. You may look at others and see a happy couple with happy faces on in public but once they get home, the husband goes and parks his a$$ in front of TV and the wife goes and does her own thing and thus the happy couple is not so happy after all. Or else they have to spend all their time taking care of kids etc...

Please do not judge thyself and others. You never know what is going through another persons mind, they can be going through pure hell but in public have a smile on.

Best to simply concentrate on trying to find all the happiness you can in your life and not worry about what other people have or are feeling as its non-productive can be destructive to your mental health and not a good place to let your mind wander when keeping up with the Joneses. Its a bad mind set to try and compare yourself with others, its harmful to your physical and mental health, just be happy and work at that as hard as you can.

Best wishes and good luck to you...

Edited by BetterOff

You know when I am in public working, I probably seem like the happiest guy in the world. I have to put on a front in front of my customers and business partner. They have no idea what I suffer with in private. I am sure if I were to meet you in public, you would never think that I suffer from anxiety and depression in a bad way. I have gotten good at hiding it from the public, even though it is very real within me. I really feel sorry for those who suffer like us but don't have this or other help. At least we know we are not alone.

Hello Paper,

You can't always be judge a book by it cover. There are so many people who suffer in silence. I, like many others, have for a very long time. I was an educator for 21 years before retiring due to traumatizing events and the worsening of my diagnoses. I was able to manage a career, of course with a very good mental health and support team for some time by camouflaging my emotions and feelings.

There are so terrible things going on in many picture perfect families that outsiders are unaware of. So please remember you are not alone in your sufferings. We all have some time of thorn in ourside. Just can't always be seen.

I don't know why some suffer and others may not. That is a question I don't think anyone can answer. There are others worst off than me, so though I have my trials and tribulations, I try to be grateful for what sound mind and health I do have.

Lindahurt

Both very true. We can't necessarily ever stop suffering, but we can stop our negative responses to it. I guess what I need to do is develop ways to respond, behaviourally, to the mind set of "me and them" by changing what I do when I feel like this. I believe that if I can succeed in escaping this mind set I won't feel hopeless about my ability to overcome the lows.

Ive been asking that questions a lot of times. There is so many what ifs and should have's and why's but the more i ask , the more i feel im less than others and I'm seething with jealousy to people who are not suffering this illness. But its here and all we have to do is cure it...as my doc always we have to accept it and everything will follow.

e.i : i hate my boss, she's mean, condescending and i must say the worst person that i've ever met. I get angry to her everyday that lead to my depression. But when my doc advised me to accept things the way they are, i feel less angry. And i know that the angrier im to her, the more she will be mean to me. I learn to just accept it and dont make a big deal out of it.