Sign in to follow this  
nursemac

Wellbutrin And Weight Loss

HI nursemac

Welcome to Df. :welcomeani: Glad you are here.

It has been my experience with Wellbutrin that there is a modest amount of weight loss. I was on it for a relatively short period of time.

Tim

Hello, we are not professionals of course but can offer advice, I have heard it can go either way on any type of AD, some people find it kills their appetite (like me) and others say they gain weight. Alas, I think the only answer is that time will tell.

I wish you luck my friend, hope it breaks your way...

I am on 150xl once a day and am down about 10lbs.over the course of 3 months. I have had to work at it somewhat and would like to lose more, but it seems to have stopped giving much appetite suppression. I am going to increase to 300mg.xl this week and we'll see what happens.

I HOPE it does cause weight loss! I started on 150mg XL four days ago.

I am too scared to weigh myself. As long as I feel good, for the moment, I will wait and see.

I started on Wellbutrin in August, and I started losing weight (not a bad thing, as at the time I weighed about 270 pounds). Two months later, my shrink diagnosed me with ADD and prescribed Adderall. As of today, I'm at 240 pounds.

I'm not complaining in the least. My weight was the result of the typical pattern of eating to "ease" unhappiness. I was very unhappy, and salved those wounded feelings by massively overeating.

The combination of Wellbutrin and Adderall have helped me so that I only actually eat when I'm hungry. My stomach isn't so stretched out now, so I'm also feeling full more quickly. When you gorge on food, your stomach expands to be able to contain the amount of food that you're shoving down your throat.

It'll be a long while before I am at my goal weight of about 115, so I won't be stressing over losing the weight anytime soon.

I lost about 70 pounds over two years on WB, but it took a lot of work (counting calories and working out 6 or more hours a week); however, I have since gained back almost half of it in the last year while still working out. Seems like my appetite has gone out of control again. The Wellbutrin may have helped in the beginning, but not so much anymore. Works great for my depression though.

My doctor just put me on this because he said it would not only help with my depression but help me lose weight. So yeah it is a known fact that it has that side effect I guess. However I would like to know if it is because you feel sick to your stomach? I know I do. But I just started taking this yesterday..

Edited by Aniela

I have been on Wellbutrin 300 mgs for about 3 years now. It works wonders for my depression. When I initially started Wellbutrin I was eating less and loosing some weight. Now, after 3 years, it doesn't affect my appetite anymore.

I was just put on Wellbutrin 100mg twice a day along with my Methylin 20mg twice daily. I'm wondering if anyone has lost a significant amount of weight on Wellbutrin.

I have. Poeple tell me i need to gain weight.

I'm 38 size in Europe.

I am thin nut no THAT much.

Edited by Achelois

I was just put on Wellbutrin 100mg twice a day along with my Methylin 20mg twice daily. I'm wondering if anyone has lost a significant amount of weight on Wellbutrin.

I'm 38 size in Europe.

Actually a size 38 in Europe is a pretty healthy size. I would start worrying if you go down 34 or lower.

I'm 38 size in Europe.

Actually a size 38 in Europe is a pretty healthy size. I would start worrying if you go down 34 or lower.

I am 170 cm and 58 kg,

Not so healthy.