Your Name-Like It Or Hate It?

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like your given first name?

• 4 weeks later...

I was named after a movie my dad saw, and liked the title character. I've never seen the original, but there was a re-make recently that's made me kind of curious to see the original now.

And if you already know my first name, no giveaways!!  Shhh!!

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
add comment

I have a very unique name; Jiska. I have never gotten across with anyone who has the same name as I do.When I was younger I use to dislike it but now I love it. I can't imagine having any other name. It still sucks though that a lot of people can't pronounce it proparly and I always have to spell it. Seriously it's not that hard!

• 4 months later...

I like my first name because it's a nature name which is kind of rare & a bit exotic. People always say it incorrectly which used to annoy me before but now I'm so used to it already that I don't even care, lol. I only wish it could be shorter though... I like short but simple names. :]

Edited by Wisteria

• 4 months later...
On 4/3/2016 at 2:16 PM, Wisteria said:

I like my first name because it's a nature name which is kind of rare & a bit exotic. People always say it incorrectly which used to annoy me before but now I'm so used to it already that I don't even care, lol. I only wish it could be shorter though... I like short but simple names. :]

Exotic is good :happy: I have a very common first name so in itself it doesn't generate much excitement, but it's association with someone famous does. At least people don't have problems with pronouncing it I guess, short and sweet it is. 

On 28.8.2016 at 11:23 PM, hocico said:

Exotic is good :happy: I have a very common first name so in itself it doesn't generate much excitement, but it's association with someone famous does. At least people don't have problems with pronouncing it I guess, short and sweet it is. 

Thank you. :) That's nice, I wish often that I would have a different name, shorter and more simple. Something unique as I've currently, I guess but at least it would be short.