afterlife

• 4 weeks later...

:wave: To All............since my "abilitys'........i've been just recently been having "visions" and "dreams" of seeing the spirit of 3 animals the other nyte.............one was a white rat who had died.....his name was "spike"......the second animal i saw........was a full grown Irish Setter.......who i had petted.........and the last animal that i saw........who i was actually flying with in my "vision" was a red tailed hawk.......white with some grey....alittle black,and red..............they came to me to let me know that they were now ok....they were someone's pets......who had died suddenly............just thought i'd share this........"bear" :hearts:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've never had a Near Death Experience but I have seen/heard spirits a couple of times in my life. The first time, I must have been around 5. I came downstairs in the middle of the night to use the bathroom when I saw a little girl (about my age) standing on the landing. Naturally, it scared me to death so I ran back upstairs! The next day, my father was doing some excavating in the back yard and found tombstones that he believed to be part of a paupers cemetery. I have always believed the little girl I saw was buried there.

The next time I was 8. One of my brothers had died and my mother was going to the gravesite every week. This had been going on for months and she would always take my sister and I. We would play in the creek by the cemetery while my mom visited. A berm ran along side of the creek so while we were playing, we couldn't see the cemetery; just the top of the berm. One day as I was playing, I happened to look up and there was my deceased brother squatting down at the top of the berm with a big smile on his face watching my sister and I. It seemed so normal; I thought nothing of it for a split second. Then it hit me that he COULDN'T be up there! I immediately looked back up and he was gone. Some might think it a figment of my imagination, but I'm sure I saw him. That memory is burned into my mind's eye.

The next time was different. It was in the early 90's and my grandmother had passed. She and I had been particularly close. I was in route to North Carolina to attend the funeral, it was early evening when I saw in the night sky 3 shooting stars. I didn't think much of it other than feeling comforted by it in some odd way. The next day at the graveside I saw my grandmother's tombstone and on it were 3 shooting stars. I have always since thought that what I had seen was some sort of message from her.

The last time was in the middle 90's. I was getting in my car to go to work one morning when I heard this loud crackling sound coming from the back seat. I immediately jumped out of the car. I thought an animal might have gotten in the car overnight (I had left my window cracked) and might be rummaging through a fast food bag I had left under the seat. I searched and there was nothing so I went on my way. I had a strong sense of uneasiness all the way to work but managed to discard it. When I entered my office, I sat at my desk (alone) and I heard the exact same sound again. This time louder and right behind me. I turned to see if something was in the wastebasket behind me - there was nothing. I was really scared. I said out loud, "Whoever you are, you don't belong here. Go towards the light". Well, I felt foolish but I didn't hear the noise again and continued my day. That evening I got a phone call that my biological father had been in a coma and passed away. I've always assigned that experience to him.

It seems to me that any time anyone close to me has passed, I have had some sort of personalized "message" or vision of them. Back in May, one of my other brother's passed on. He and I were very close and I've had nothing. No "real-life" dream, no vision, no sounds....nothing. I don't understand and I'm a bit concerned.

It's weird, I guess, but I feel like something is wrong.

:shocked::shocked: to You KatyR..............wow.....sounds like You and i could have a great conversation together :hearts: ............and i strongly believe that Your Loved Ones came back to You,to let You know that They were and are.....alright............and very happy..........not suffering anymore.....first Your Brother,when You were little............He just wanted You to know that He is always watching over You and Your Sister,and forever will be :blush21: ........He knows how much You Love Him............He only wanted You to know that He is happy now,and Loves You..........and yes......"You did SEE HIM*hugs*........Your GrandMother...........it was a messege to also let You know that She Loves You greatly,and You were always..."Her favorite little girl"...........She watches over You when You sleep at nyte.........and the last............."i believe Your Biological Father was trying to send You a messege,even tho it frightened You at the time.............i believe He was only trying to let You know that He was going.....Home.........and......"He didn't mean to frighten You"..........and of Your Older Brother...............cuz You and Him were so very close...............let me say this......sometimes in the spirit world.........they won't come to Their still living Loved One,cuz They are still in heavy greaving...........guilt.........whichever the deep pain..........sometimes They wait till You have greived..................then......when the time is right.........They will appear to You............to let You know that "yes......They are alright,and very happy,and not suffering anymore".......don't get discouraged that He has not appeared to You yet...............He will...........when He feels You are ready...........Your Older Brother will..........appear to You........................my pm and email are always open......and Your more then welcome to write or talk to me anytime.................i hope You enjoyed reading my story about my NDE......................talk to You soon,and i hope that what i have shared with You............has......helped........................."bear" :bump:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
The afterlife is of little concern to me. It is better that I concern myself, so to speak, with this life. Since the afterlife will probably be influenced mainly by this life, the best I can do for and about the afterlife is make good my time in this life.

Further, whether there is or is not an afterlife, what that afterlife will be like, whether it will be eternal, no matter what I believe about it, still there is the problem of suffering with which to contend. That is a true focus of my efforts.

Finally and anyway, the moment I see my face before I was born, I know the afterlife.

Larry L

I completely agree. A belief in the afterlife, while it may be comforting, can lead to us being less concerned with our lives now, in hopes that it will be better when we die. I would think that someone might want to committ sucide in belief that their afterlife will be better. Or what about suicide bombers that believe they will have everything they want in their afterlife and so give up their entire lives because of this belief. And let's face it we can never know for sure whether there is an afterlife or not.

This is an interesting topic.

My 5c?

I don't believe in anything. An afterlife? Reincarnation? I think I would be both hypocritical and egotistical to pretend that I knew what was going to happen to be when I die. And because of this, the idea of death doesn't worry me at all. You might wonder why I don't just **** myself because of this... Well, thats because while I don't worry about what happens AFTER I'm dead, the idea of dying scares me. The Idea of screwing it up and being physically disabled, the idea of screwing it up and spending hours waiting to die in pain... If I could just flick a switch and die, I'd do it. But It takes more than that.

Why worry about whats going to happen after you die? To me, no matter what you believe, I don't understand how anyone can be so so sure about what is going to happen when they are truly dead.

I see some things sometimes... I've never told anyone this, and I'm not sure exactly what it is... but sometimes when I first meet someone, I see colors around them... sometimes they are very brite, vibrant, stunning colors, other times they are dull, bleak, or dark colors.

It's like these colors just shine around them for a few seconds... and then they are gone... anyone know what that is? Is it their spirit? Or is it spirits around them... I'm kind of a moron when it comes to this topic... lol But I've always wondered what that might be. I thought maybe my eyes are just extremely bad. Maybe they are... who knows?

:shocked: Hey Mel.....the colors You see is called a "Aura". and that's natural to see :bump: my pm is always open,and We can always talk on the phone too......as for me,i see Them all the time :bearwub: Spirits are always around Us...i'm actually right now watching "Ghost Hunters" on SCI-FI right now as i type this* :shocked::hearts: We'll get together and talk more about this.....

I believe I have seen evidence that people carry on after death many a time. The frozen time effect were you have a lucid dream and you know you have spent 30 minutes in the dream but when you wake up the clock says 10 minutes. Now in the the said lucid dreams I experienced time on the same level of consciousness as waking consciousness so the only conclusion I could come too was that the soul can experience a holistic effect outside of normal space-time - to get to the point: the soul can operate outside of the body. Thats my theory anyway.

I said that on the Lucid Dream thread, but its relevant here.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi guys - i have had an interest in the paranormal for 30 years - and am an active investigator /researcher - and have seen some weird stuff which leads me to beleive there is some form of survival after death

also my wife passed last year - and a GENUINE psychic - has relayed stuff to me that only i and my wife knew - this was NOT cold reading - was too accurate for any sort of fraud ( plus she is a personal freind and a respected resercher in her own right ) - she has even relayed details about a freind of my late wife's ( re a bodely blemish the friend had removed - years before i ever met her and knew nothing about - that the friend comfimed as accurate and was amazed by - not to say some what shaken ) - oh and BTW this lady ( the psychic ) lives 300 miles away from me and i have never met her in the flesh - we communicate via the web :hearts:

now i have little time for most mediums - the vast majority are only money grabbing shysters or frauds - BUT there are some genuine people out there - they are the ones who dont advertise - and dont ask for money !!

and my mother ( who is 87 - still has a razor sharp mind ) had my farther -who passed over 30 odd years ago - fully materialise to her a couple of years back - and i have no reason to think she was lieing - having delusions or any thing else the sceptics put stuff like this down to

any ways - you must take what you will and believe what you will from this - i have no reason to make this stuff up as that would be wrong ,to say nothing of a hypocritical insult to all those who have been berived ,and i offer it as maybe a small comfort to those who have doupts as to the continuance of existance

oh and i am not religious and probably the worlds greatest cynic

does not stop me being deeply depressed about loosing my wife mind , but at least i feel she is not that far away :bump:

regards

barbarossa

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter died last year and we have had a lot of strange goings on around the house. The toilet mat was soaking wet, but the floor was dry and the toilet was not leaking. One of my dogs just started jumping the fence even he had been walked, this was the type of dog that would not even get out if the gate was left open, we found him crying further up the road, he even woke up one night crying. My bedside clock kept losing power every night for a week. We heard a noise coming from her bathroom and opened the door and it stopped. Two of my watches stopped working within 2 days of each other and one was brand new out of the packet. We put her ashes in her bedroom and the whole room had a really bad smell in it, even though they were in a sealed container and we picked them up about 6 weeks after she had been cremated. The phone kept making funny noises and my husband ended up disconecting it.

To keep on topic I feel less depressed when these goings on are happening.

Edited by crashandburn

• 4 weeks later...

Belief in an afterlife has helped me a lot. Especially with all the suffering in this world, not just my own, it just doesn't make sense if there wasn't a bigger picture.

Why would a child get raped and killed? There is no sense and that. There has to be a reason. I am so certain.

Sometimes it helps envisioning myself in the afterlife. Looking back on this life and laughing like wow what a ride. Looking back on how alone I was feeling and realizing I was never really alone.

Things will be better someday for all of us.

• 10 years later...

wow..12 year old topic. i love finding the oldies. people who dont believe in an afterlife tend to require 'scientific proof' for everything. if it cant be scientificially studied.. then it must not exist.

the problem with this is that there are so many things in science which we accept as 'truth' when we really cant prove it at all.

same with the afterlife. just because it cant be proven scientifically, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. 

• 7 months later...

There is an afterlife.  I know this because I was there for a brief period of "time".  I also know for sure that God does exist, and He is a spirit of pure Love that is truly unimaginable.  I can't prove this to anyone else, but I am telling the truth based on my own direct experience.

This wondrous mystical experience that I had gives me hope to make it to the end of my life, even though my sadness-based chronic depression is a very heavy burden to carry that often makes me long for life to end.  I know intuitively that if I endure to the end without losing my faith and staying in obedience to God, no matter what bad things happen, then I can return to Him again and experience that incredible Love, Peace, and Joy for all eternity.

2 minutes ago, sober4life said:

I hope there is a heaven for the people I love like mom and grandma and grandpa.  I don't deserve to go there myself so I will never see them again.  It's very hard knowing that but there is no chance I will see them again.

My friend you have not done anything close to not getting in through the Pearly Gates and the streets that are covered with gold.  Just keep the Faith in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and you will be alright 

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I think this question is pretty easy. You don't have to be religious or believe in god to not have had some experience in your life that made you believe there was something beyond your grasp of sight or knowledge. If you haven't had that experience or feeling then you don't pay attention. As for God. That's not for me to convince you.  I wish I could.