Sign in to follow this  
Imaworrywart

What Was Your Favorite Toys As A Kid?

I'm a child of the late '60's-'70's. I had lots of cool toys.

Chrissy Doll (for those not familiar, this is a doll that had hair that grew when you pulled the top of her head and turned the knob in her back.

Edited by Imaworrywart

I did not like dolls. Lol, I was obsessed with farm animals and used to create my own toy farms, it was my favourite thing to do.

Another favorite: Jillions of Jewels. It's the girl version of Creepy Crawlers. You could make jewelry by pouring "jewel powder" in a mold, baking it and then cooling, I THINK in water. Boy howdy, I don't think that would go over too well now. Too dangerous! Kiddies might burn themselves.

Here's another favorite toy. Come on! Join in.

My Suzy Homemaker Oven. It came with a bunch of little mixes and little pie tins and cake pans. You could actually bake something using the light bulb in the oven.

My Suzy Homemaker Oven. It came with a bunch of little mixes and little pie tins and cake pans. You could actually bake something using the light bulb in the oven.

I never got mine cry.gifI unwrapped it for christmas but it never made it home and grandma didnt know what happened to it. sad.gif

my sit n spin, roller skates, tonka trucks (real metal)

That was going to be my next post (Ha! And now it is.) TONKA TRUCKS! I had a brown one and my brother (4 years older) had a yellow one. Real metal. Heavy things. Probably had plenty of lead in them :smilingteeth:. My brother's was a much more deluxe truck. Mine was less so and he always liked to remind me that he was the "boss" so he got the good truck.

I had one but it was called the Easy Bake Oven. Mom made me walk around from the end you put the cake in, to the end you take it out- instead of reaching for it. LoL I am sure my arm reached it but for safety I had to move to that end. This toy reminds me how small I was.

Remember Light Bright? I don't think we had one but when I was little, we'd visit this old toy store and they had one set up in the isle that we could play with. This toy store was long and narrow with an old wooden floor. I went back years after I grew up and it was gone. It had turned into an old junk store or shed of old wood! The candy counter was gone too (imagine!).

I love light brights! I have an old box of them but my mom threw out my light bright box. So I don't have anythign to put them in. :verysad3:

And my sit-n-spin. I wore that thing out so much, I think I used it passed the recommended age for quite a while until it finally broke. :laugh: The thing is I asked my mom how old I was and she said four. :shocked: But I remember it so clearly! I loved that thing!

Edited by DarkRain

I love light brights! I have an old box of them but my mom threw out my light bright box. So I don't have anythign to put them in. :verysad3:

I remember carrying a barbie doll in a pink dress around with me. And my sit-n-spin. I wore that thing out so much, I think I used it passed the recommended age for quite a while until it finally broke. :laugh: The thing is I asked my mom how old I was and she said four. :shocked: But I remember it so clearly! I loved that thing!

You wanted TROUBLE?? I had trouble and now, I can't get rid of trouble! Be ever so glad you didn't have trouble...:roll2:

And I had the game too!

I was a kid of the 70's, Star Wars toys, Planet of the Apes toy machine gun and a Big Wheel(My friend had a Green Machine). Others would be Stretch Armstrong, Lawn Darts, Silly Putty, Play Dough, Slime and the great Atari 2600!

Edited by samhain7

I remember Big Wheels! Didn't have one though. We DID have a Slip N Slide and a Water Wiggle and two types of Pogo Sticks. I never had the coordination for the Pogo Sticks. My brother was really into Duncan YoYos. At my Grandma's house, we always played with the Etch A Sketch. My brother would patiently work the screen so that you could see the inside mechanisms.

I remember Big Wheels! Didn't have one though. We DID have a Slip N Slide and a Water Wiggle and two types of Pogo Sticks. I never had the coordination for the Pogo Sticks. My brother was really into Duncan YoYos. At my Grandma's house, we always played with the Etch A Sketch. My brother would patiently work the screen so that you could see the inside mechanisms.

You can borrow my Big Wheel, I still have it!(lol)

I was a 80's kid, all about My little Pony, Care Bears, Barbie, Ninga Turtles, GI Joe (hehe my brother and i would play gi joes and barbie lol) loved my lite-brite and arts/crafts, skip-it, cabbage patch dolls, hot wheels, fisher price adjustable rollar skates - when i was really little it was glow worm and that weird fisher price telephone that made weird noices and its eyes rolled back and forth, kinda creepy really :biglaugh:

I always enjoyed playing with My Little Ponies and Rainbow Brite. :roll2: Those are the two that I hold close to my heart, even to this day I still collect old toys. It's one of my favorite hobbies.

Edited by FlyLikeAButterfly

My favourite toys as a kid were my lego sets , my plastic soldiers and board games like mousetrap , I remember I used to like building lego castles manned by plastic soldiers who had to fight off attacks by rampaging dinosaurs :laugh: . I also used to like playing on my megadrive *sonic the hedgehog do do do do do do* and watching he-man, bananaman etc

Edited by hocico

I was a Lego feind, too. I especially loved the airport set because you could crash the planes, have them break apart and the little people would be thrown everywhere.

Probably a sign that I would be needing help as an adult, lol!

I was a 80's kid, all about My little Pony, Care Bears, Barbie, Ninga Turtles, GI Joe (hehe my brother and i would play gi joes and barbie lol) loved my lite-brite and arts/crafts, skip-it, cabbage patch dolls, hot wheels, fisher price adjustable rollar skates - when i was really little it was glow worm and that weird fisher price telephone that made weird noices and its eyes rolled back and forth, kinda creepy really :biglaugh:

I hear you! I had a My Little Pony house....what is that about?! Horses don't live in houses!! Lego was cool, so was Playmobil and I also had a dollshouse, everything would get mixed up (although the My Little Ponies never got put in the dollshouse!)

lol....loved reading all the 80's kids responses. I can relate, btw. :)

Um....light brights is totally up there as one of the best toys...same with leggo....and for me it was ultimately Playdough. I loved that stuff. I loved smushing a huge wad of gooey playdough in one of those neat fake food molds. Hamburgers were fun to make.....

Sign in to follow this