Sign in to follow this  
Shuvee

Myers-Briggs Personality Types

Wow, I don't see any other INTJ's here. :Cooptsearch: Guess I'm unique? :smilingteeth: I'm actually a little surprised at how well the career options fit me. I'm interested in science, especially computers, and I'm hunting for a library job. Cool.

I'm an INTJ as well :smilingteeth: .

Me too :smilingteeth:

ISFJ.

The first answer I ever got and I can't get it again unless I answer truthfully with regards to how I am instead of who I want to be. I got other results before and the most ridiculous one made me felt like it was describing someone alien to me when I read the description. ISFJ will still be the best fit for my personality. :)

I'm INTP, I've seen a few others here but not that many.

My scores were: I - 100%, N - 84%, T - 84%, P - 68%...

I can definately see myself in this personality type!

I've been positive I'm INTP for some time now, but I do lean INfP at times. Societies usually expect women to be Fs and men to be Ts, so those of us on the opposite end of things might tend to end up in the middle.

It is possible to get a different result if you answer based on how you behave/feel when depressed. You might even get the completely opposite of your real type!

{For anyone confused about how to answer some questions: it's easier to narrow things down if you consider what you would tend to *prefer* doing, rather than focusing on what you would actually do, in order to avoid identifying yourself by a role you play at school, in the workplace, or in particular social situations. Ps for example have to be J to function at most jobs. Male Fs might pretend (or even believe) they are Ts in order to fit in with other men and naturally, female Ts might imitate Fs. Etc., etc. The best way to know what you are is to think "selfishly" and answer with your deep down, personal leanings (even if they're only slight they're probably there), without any regard for social situation/context.}

Edited by sabishikunaru

I've taken many of these test from several sources and I always get one of two things; INTP, or ISTP. Luckily one of the tests showed a percentage and after taking it a few times over the course of a couple days it showed consistently that I'm am 50/50 sensing and intuitive.

I'm an INTP with a great big capital I, though I'm only 1% into the T category, so whenever I retake the test my result fluctuate between INTP / INFP.

It's strange how many people in this forum are I-types. Makes it seem like depression was coded into our DNA.

I took the test (probably a fake one, but it had like 100 questions) and I scored as INTJ, but I was pretty close on T vs F and J vs P. I'm pretty certain I'm IN, especially the I. I had thought I might've been INTP from reading some descriptions - I have a hard time telling what the difference between J and P is. They seem pretty similar to me. I think years ago I took what I think was a smaller test and scored F instead of T which surprised me.

The thing is, I don't think it's actually accurate in terms of determining career types. To be accurate, there should be another category in addition to I for those who are not just introverts but "complete loner with no friends whatsoever.", and the career result should be: "Sorry, no career match for you. You'll be lucky to be a minimum wage janitor for the rest of your life." I find it odd some people say they're introverts and then say web design is a good career for them. I mean really? Maybe it was during Web 1.0, but not today. Maybe there's still pockets of tech jobs you can get, but go to the Tech section of any website - it's extrovert heaven.

Something I find disconcerting is how someone here said they had to fill out a Myers-Briggs test to apply for a job. What the hell? If I did the test, I would have to look up (or guess) what the "correct" personality type for the job is and lie on the test. All the test does is reward those who lie and give correct answers, and punish those who are actually honest about themselves. Someone also said they had to do the test in front of coworkers, with all their coworkers guessing what that person's type is, and revealing the result in front of everybody. I can imagine what that office environment is like, people parading around chirping "I'm an XXXX!" and getting promotions over their coworkers because they happen to score a certain way on the test. That kind of thing demotivates me to seek a career, yet those same people sneer at me and assume I'm unmotivated only out of pure laziness.

I did the test as a part of a mandatory training program. Came out as INTJ although I had just 1 point in the J so I might just as well be an INTP.

:D INFP reporting for duty!

I find it interesting that there are so many INFP's on DF. Maybe not surprising really, given our propensity for sensitivity, but INFP's are one of the rarest in the MB spectrum, and it's just odd to see so many of us in one place!

Edited by Spiritual_Wanderer
Removing picture per TOS

INFP. I took this test years ago I wish I could remember what the results were. I like how my suggested career is my current major.

I posted a Myers Briggs question and the really nice administrator person sent me here.

My post basically said something like,

Not only am I majorly depressed, but I'm not really comfortable with reality either...since I'm an

INFP.

:)

I hope I'm not offending anyone with this, as I'm ultimately criticizing myself, but...

I was reading up on the difference between J and P and in particular INTJ and INTP and now I get it. INTP is the loser version of INTJ. That's what personalityjunkie says, it says INTJs are the ones who know exactly what they want to do for a career and become professors and such, whereas INTPs are those who can't decide on their field and want to do a bit of everything, and thus fail in their careers. They're also the ones who can't settle on their mate and can't get married until they're older. Personalityjunkie even linked to another site saying INTPs are the "laziest of all personality types" though there was a debate as to which was the laziest. That (and reading more about personality types) proves I can only be INTP and not INTJ.

Myers and Briggs themselves said that all personality types were all equal but "different gifts". Well I'm sorry to say, maybe it was true in their era but in today's era some types are not gifts but curses. If you're someone whose personality can't settle on a date until your 30s or later, well it's almost certain especially if you're a guy that you'll NEVER have a date. If you're someone who can't settle on a career, then by the time you're in your 40s and starting over again, the moment you enter the office all the 20-somethings will laugh at you and say "haha! I'm 20 years younger than you and have more experience than you." That is if you get hired in the first place. I'm not saying INTJ is ideal either - being I instead of E is a curse not a gift - but at least some will perceive you as the smart geeky guy. Maybe not many, since geeks are Es not Is these days. But it's better than being perceived as the lazy glutton which is what INTPs are seen as. I also think some of the IFs are stereotyped negatively by personalityjunkie.

I saw someone in their comments post they were an INTP but wished they could change themselves into an INTJ, for the sakes of their career I believe. Well personalityjunkie also says you can't change your personality, you're born with what you have. I'm not sure I agree with that, I think it's culturally dependent and dependent on the environment you're in, for example you're not going to be a "promoter" type who loves fashionable items if you're dirt poor. But it lends credence to the idea that I'm of a "loser" personality (though for sure I'm a worse loser than other INTPs) and that once born a failure, am always a failure. Also are personality types hereditary? I haven't seen any site mention that. But since INTPs and I's in general have a hard time attracting mates they, at least the males, are not going to have many kids, at least not "superlosers" like me, and thus I am going to breed my personality out of existance.

I bet I have offended a whole bunch of people with my post, but I want to say I'm NOT judging or thinking negatively of anyone else here with any personality type, I am just bashing myself.