Sometimes I Cant Sleep Or Others I Cant Wake Up

heyitsdeb

Help, I am going crazy with this. Some nights I wont be able to sleep at all and then others I will fall asleep early for me (1am-3am I am a night person) and then not be able to get up. I missed my nephews birthday party today and I am just sick of it! I am 50 years old with depression and on pain medication . I have always had insomnia but always had to get up to go to work no matter how much sleep i had. now that I am not working I am seeing that when i do go to sleep I do not want to get up. I will wake up but it feels so nice to be sleeping nothing will get me out of bed. I am sorry if this is all over the place and if anyone needs further information I do not mind I just want to be normal again.

Thankyou

Deb

Deb,

Im 48, and find myself in the same condition more often than Id like. Sleeping almost seems like a way to avoid the problems, depression and the physical pain. Although I cant sleep many times due to the physical pain, so when I can, I sleep. A lot too. And it messes up everything and I get depressed much more. Wish I knew what to do , I sure would tell you.

Help, I am going crazy with this. Some nights I wont be able to sleep at all and then others I will fall asleep early for me (1am-3am I am a night person) and then not be able to get up. I missed my nephews birthday party today and I am just sick of it! I am 50 years old with depression and on pain medication . I have always had insomnia but always had to get up to go to work no matter how much sleep i had. now that I am not working I am seeing that when i do go to sleep I do not want to get up. I will wake up but it feels so nice to be sleeping nothing will get me out of bed. I am sorry if this is all over the place and if anyone needs further information I do not mind I just want to be normal again.

Thankyou

Deb

Hello Deb,

:welcomeani:

It's good to have you with us!

Sleep is such a huge issue for so many of us. I, myself, am an insomniac. That is, when I don't take my sleep meds. I know how awful poor sleep, lack of sleep, too much sleep can leave you feeling.

Have you ever discussed this with your doc? (S)He may Rx sleep meds for you. Believe me, meds can make all the difference. I suggest speaking with your doc.

Please keep us posted.

Wishing you a very restful, peaceful night.

:hugs:

~Bean

:upside: My doctor knows and has prescribed a couple different things for sleep which have not worked but I also have only mentioned it as a second complaint when I have been to the doctor. I just did a sleep study and have mild sleep apnea and will be seeing the doctor again soon. One thing that maybe I do wrong is I will watch tv in bed as I have always fell asleep to the tv so I will end up laying in bed for 6 hours waiting to fall asleep. I know this sounds weird but it seems as if I have forgotten how to fall asleep. I will be almost asleep and then something will pop into my head that will start me to thinking about stuff again.

Deb

Edited by Beanchop99

Hey Deb,

It's good that you had a sleep study done. A friend of mine recently underwent the same, and discovered that she had a deviated septum.

Next time you see your doc, make your sleep issues the #1 reason why you're there. By stressing how badly these sleep problems are effecting you, your doc will take it more seriously and, perhaps, offer you some different treatment options.

I suggest shutting off the TV. In fact, move it out of the room. Start using your room for sleep only. We can condition ourselves to view the bedroom as a place of rest, and therefore, make sleep easier to come by. To do this, you must use eliminate all other distractions - TV, books/magazines, computers, work, etc.

Deb, please let us know what your doc says at your upcoming appt.

Wishing you a restful, peaceful night's sleep.

:hugs:

~Bean