Sign in to follow this  
Nappers

Hello From No. California

Name is Aaron from No. California.

Recently diagnosed with Depression and taking 90mg of Cymbalta for it, recently separated from my wife of 4 years and due to depression, haven't been myself and therefore my wife sought the comfort of another through texting a man in Idaho, she refuses to attend counseling with me nor have I spoken to her since 09/21/2010.

I am going to counseling and keeping close to my doctor and the cymbalta has made me feel tons better, and most important, back in the Church and seeking God and his direction, along with modern chemistry and counseling, doing well. I do miss her terribly and have days that are darker than others but I'm making it.

Hope to learn a lot here and hope you all find answers.

My only bad side effect of the cymbalta is excessive sweating, went away on 60mg then came back when 30mg was added, sweating started again.

Anyways.

Take care

Aaron

Nappers

Hi and Welcome to DF Aaron

I am so sorry that you lost your wife due to depression. It really is very painful. I am glad that you are getting the help that you need and you will find a lot of support here. I am glad that you don't have too many side effects from the Cymbalta. You may find the Relationship Room helpful, you may find a lot of support in there for getting through the pain of your relationship ending due to depression.

Please make yourself feel at home.

Trace

Thanks for the welcome Trace.

I have a thread in your above mentioned forum.

I hope to learn a lot and will add to anyone wanting to try Cymbalta.

It's a chemistry changing drug and some people adapt okay, some don't. I feel great on it and glad I take it.

Glad I found this forum. It's been a rough road, but manageable.

Aaron

Hi Nappers and Welcome,

Glad to hear that you are on the mend and that Cymbalta is working well for your. This is a gentle SNRI med and a lot of people find it effective. The 'sweats' may ease off in the , this is a common problem with a lot of antidepressants . Mine went after about 3 months, just one day - like that!

Also to hear about your break up , some partners are very supportive during depression .

I do wish you the best. If you even ned any advice please pm a moderator/admin member of DF.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Hi there Nappers, welcome to DF. I'm glad you found us here.

I'm sad to hear that you've lost your wife as a result of depression :hugs:

It's great to hear that you are feeling great on the Cymbalta. It is also good that you've been going to counselling as well as having God back in your life.

Take good care,

Girly

Hi Napper,

Welcome to DF. Its good to see that you are doing well after the separation from your wife. Taking med, receiving counseling and seeking God sounds like a win win support system for you. And of course, DF is a wonderful source of support as well. So I'm glad you are here and moving forward. Your post is very encouraging. Thanks for sharing.

Lindahurt

Hello Aaron. I'm just down coast from you in SLO. I'm so sorry about your marriage. I'm am glad you're seeking God's help though. If I may, can I share some scriptures that encouraged me? Just three: 1. When you say, "I can't figure things out," God says, "I will direct your steps." Prov 3:5-6

2. When you say, "I'm always worried and frustrated", God says, "Cast all your cares on me" 1 Pet 5:7

3. When you say, "I am loaded down," God says "I will refresh you." Matt 11-28-30

Now, of course, in this sometimes ugly world, we still have depression and anxiety. I don't write these as a cure-all but maybe a bit of help and encouragement. Just like these forums which, since I've been here, have been of great encouragement to me.

I'm glad you're here!

Imaworrywart