Sign in to follow this  
littleblackduck

Riding, does it help you?

Riding and Depression  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like to ride or drive best?

• I don't like to ride or drive.
    • I like to go on a drive in a car.
    • I like to ride a horse.
    • I like to ride motorcycles. (dirt or street)
    • I like to ride just a bicycle.
    • I don't like riding, but I like to walk.
    • I love trains!!!
    • Subways are the bomb.
    • I like the bus. Ha!
    • I like riding in aircraft the best!
    • Does parachuting count? Put me down for that.
    • I love to ride on watercraft. (boats, jetski, etc)
    • ATV for me thanks!
    • I like to ride George, my Camel.
    • I like to ride something not listed here.
  2. 2. Okay, whatever you ride: How do you ride it most of the time?

• I ride slow, easy, I like to relax! See the sights.
    • I ride fairly aggressive or fast, but not out of control.
    • Ride it like you stole it!
    • N/A What I am riding dictates how I ride (ie a train, etc)
    • My ride has a mind of it's own (ie animal)
  3. 3. How often do you ride (to have fun - driving to work doesn't count)?

• every week :)
    • few times a month
    • few times every couple of months
    • few times a year
    • Can't remember when last time was, geesh I need to go ride!
    • I don't ride, didn't I tell you that already? :p

I love driving, but don't have a car at the moment, or access to one very often. I miss being mobile so much that sometimes I'll rent a car for a day just to be able to drive around a bit, and don't care if I don't even leave the city. Buying a car is definately something I want to do as soon as possible - it's really costly, though, so it may be a while yet...although at 25, I REALLY hope not.

I love the train, because it absolutely forces you to relax, if it's a long ride. I've spent a couple of days on the train a few times, and they've been some of the best days I've ever had.

I'm hip to any form of transportation except the ****** bus (I can handle city transit, it's the long-distance bus I hate). I definately find it therapeutic.

Hmmm.............Well, before I vote, let me say that I hate that depression takes ***ANY*** of these pleasures away from me............

#1.) My screename comes from the old Sea-Doo slogan......."Everybody's Dooin' it, Sea-Doo!".

Well, riding a Sea Doo is almost quite exactly the LAST thing I'd like to do when I fall into an episode. The anxiety, with lack of desire to do anything, plus the (probably close to) 10 degree drop in my feel of body temp leaves me not wanting to do anything of the sort!!

Sad because one of the most awesome feelings in the world......imho........is taking a morning ride out on a smooth lake on a Sea Doo and just listening to the water come off the bow & splashing back down as you part the water flyin' at about half-throttle doin' 40mph! (Niiiiiiiiice!) (No, my SD doesn't do 80mph at full throttle, but close...... :hearts: )

#2.) I even like simple driving. Put me in a car going anywhere & I actually still dig it about as much as I did when I was 16. Actually, I think driving felt *best* at 15 when I wasn't supposed to be, but that was long before my depression & I don't remember what that felt like anyway......LOL!!!

Aside from that, I love riding Quads, motorcycles, whatever.

I hate this disease with every fiber of my being (<----Randy's infamous phrase by now) and wish it were banished from ever existing, but with my luck if it weren't depression it'd be something worse, I'm just sure of it!

So my vote is.......................Sea-Doo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (This might even inspire me to make an avator of my Doo)

I like to ride dirt bikes. I like the thrill of it. I can't say it is relaxing, more like exhilirating (ck sp?). I don't ride it like I stole it, just moderately aggressive, but that would be relative to who I am riding with I guess. I definitely don't do it often enough. Part of it is the cost of travel, food, gas, making a weekend of it... And part of it is I just get too busy with life and then I suddenly say, man it has been too long, I need to go ride!!!

About trains... I have only ridden a train a handful of times, once in the Colorado Rockies, it is a wonderful way to travel I have to agree with you Melmont!

I love to fly, but hardly EVER get to.

ATV's are fun too. But two wheels are more fun.

I would like to parachute someday, my brother has 338 jumps so far!

Boats are okay. I am going on my first cruise soon, I will post back how it went...

Have never ridden a subway, but would like to.

Dooinit: I have never gotten a chance to ride a jet ski...

Edited by littleblackduck

:hearts:

Dooinit: I have never gotten a chance to ride a jet ski...

If you ever did, you'd be addicted for life!

In fact...........if you ever rode one on the open ocean...........it'd be "Game Over" for sure!!

There's just nothing else like it. It's not boating & it's not skiing.............it's jetskiing!

(Sea-Doo's latest HP model called the "RXP" is a supercharged 215hp rocket that will literally pull your arms off. Doing 70mph on just a sliiiiiight ripple to give the water texture and having nothing but miles of slow, long rollers in front of you is just too much fun for one human to have!)

I love riding in any type of aircraft, planes, jets, hot air balloons. I rarely do that anymore, can't really afford it and don't have the time. So, I voted for the next best thing, I also love going for drives. It is nice to put a CD in of my favorite songs and just go cruising.

i couldnt make up my mind, i like riding horses, but havnt ridden one for a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time, i like driving in a car (but dont drive myself) and i like riding on trains.

Although i wanted to tick gorge my camel, just because i thought it was funny!

Edited by Enigmatic_Soul

I've been a passenger for the past 3 years and totally dependent on others to get me around. I recently got my drivers' license back. Now I have to get my truck back in shape for the road. Woohoo, I can be independent again.

Sheepwoman :hearts:

My ride is called Ernie, he has great big brown eyes, and I see him once at weekends. There he stands waiting for me with his head over the stable door. We go off exploring together and although I think Im in control, from time to time he lets me know im just deluded in this assumption.

He's the highlight of my week.

Lynn

4x4ing in my truck. Hence the screen name, Toy_girl. I have a Toyota truck that I love to take offroad whenever I can. I'm glad that summer is here, cause now I can go out!!! :hearts: Just find an old road or trail and go until you can't go any further. But then, you've got to reverse out of there if you can't trun around :tongue:

:bump::roll2:

I just got into 4 wheeling a few years ago and I love it!  The more mud the better.  I'm usually the rider, although I'd like to drive one myself.  I'm just afraid I'd be watching all these guys with years and years of experience and think I can do some of the same stuff they can.  So, for now, I'm happy as a rider.  But, what fun!

Driving a car really stresses me out and the thought of riding on a motorcycle scares me! but riding my bicycle feels therapeutic most definitely. There has never been a time where I have regretted going for a ride; albeit getting the motivation to leave the house in the first place is the biggest struggle.

Edited by Waffles
Spelling mistake.

Sign in to follow this