Sign in to follow this  
Monchichi

Cymbalta And Heart Racing/palpitations?

I'm trying to give Cymbalta a chance to work since I know it takes time. However, I'm experiencing a feeling of major heart racing/palpitations all of the time (even though pulse is normal) since increasing to 60 mg 6 days ago. I don't want to discontinue just yet, but this uncomfortable heart racing is pretty awful.

I was on 30 mgs for 2 1/2 weeks and was feeling very tired and jittery at times, and was also experiencing heart racing, but not as bad as now. I'm not like a zombie anymore on 60 mgs, but feel terrible with this heart racing, like my heart is pounding out of its chest (kinda like when I take Sudafed).

It's been 2 1/2 weeks on 30mg and now 6 days on 60mgs. Should I give it more time to adjust to heart racing? Ugh...

Thanks for your help!

Edited by zugora

Hi zugora

That does sound very uncomfortable. I think that if it does not ease off after a little while, you may want to go back to your doc. I am not a professional, but it could be increasing your anxiety a little with the increase, which could cause your heart to race, but that should wear off after a while.

Trace

Hi zug, this is the Anti D imtrying to get off, what ur experiencing is one of the side effects of this drug. There is many side effects with this drug, and as u have just started using it, i wont say any more about this drug, as i dont want to put u off. Best thing to do is talk back to ur doctor and tell him, also i would look up more about this drug for urself.

Sry i cant be more help, i may make a post about this drug later, when i finally get off it.

Good luck hun x

Zugora:

It is always all right and a good thing to check with your doctor. I had increased heart rate early on with Cymbalta but it has now gone away.

Tim