Hi All,

At psychiatrist yesterday. She said I have Borderline Personality D/O traits - not that I was BPD, but that she is looking to find out how to treat me and sees traits in me.

This is b/c I have been in treatment for over 20 yrs and on probably 60% of the meds out there at one time or another. Meds aren't working for most part. I could go on about hospitalizations over my life, etc., but will not for now.

I just wanted to post this b/c I read up on BPD and resonate with a lot of it. Not 100%, but more than I ever thought. It's kind of like a realization, but at the same time I am defensive about it, and know that Dr. is not saying I am BPD, just BPD traits for now as she looks at everything.

It fits me more than BiPolar which I was diagnosed w/ most recently. My mom has BiPolar traits and definately BPD from what he dr's say.

Anyway, Dep. Forums is here again for me as an outlet when I feel at a loss of who to talk to about this. I have lost so many friends that I am very tentative to discuss things with my new friends that I really want to keep. There is probably someone out there, but my psychologist and psychiatrist are best right now. And DF, thx.

Comments welcome. Best to you today and in the moment,

Hi kat43

Its good to see you back. It can be a relief sometimes to find something that makes sense and can help you get onto the correct treatment for you. You definitely have us to support you.

Trace

Hi kat43

Its good to see you back. It can be a relief sometimes to find something that makes sense and can help you get onto the correct treatment for you. You definitely have us to support you.

Trace

Thank you thank you thank you

Hi Kat43, welcome back.

It is good that you have been able to identify with the bpd traits in yourself and that you have a supportive psychiatrist and psychologist working with you. I am pleased that you have found DF to be an outlet for you.

I have got a bpd diagnosis myself and it is very much a diagnosis that is seen in a negative way and that many people don't want to acknowledge. Despite not having the diagnosis of bpd I completely understand that you are defensive about having these traits.

Keep posting on here, we understand.

Take good care,

Girly

Hi Kat43, welcome back.

It is good that you have been able to identify with the bpd traits in yourself and that you have a supportive psychiatrist and psychologist working with you. I am pleased that you have found DF to be an outlet for you.

I have got a bpd diagnosis myself and it is very much a diagnosis that is seen in a negative way and that many people don't want to acknowledge. Despite not having the diagnosis of bpd I completely understand that you are defensive about having these traits.

Keep posting on here, we understand.

Take good care,

Girly

Thank you so much, Girly. I will definately keep posting. I see my pyschologist in a week, which is good. And the psychiatrist in 2 weeks which will be here sooner than later, which is also good.

Best to you,

Hi All,

At psychiatrist yesterday. She said I have Borderline Personality D/O traits - not that I was BPD, but that she is looking to find out how to treat me and sees traits in me.

This is b/c I have been in treatment for over 20 yrs and on probably 60% of the meds out there at one time or another. Meds aren't working for most part. I could go on about hospitalizations over my life, etc., but will not for now.

I just wanted to post this b/c I read up on BPD and resonate with a lot of it. Not 100%, but more than I ever thought. It's kind of like a realization, but at the same time I am defensive about it, and know that Dr. is not saying I am BPD, just BPD traits for now as she looks at everything.

It fits me more than BiPolar which I was diagnosed w/ most recently. My mom has BiPolar traits and definately BPD from what he dr's say.

Anyway, Dep. Forums is here again for me as an outlet when I feel at a loss of who to talk to about this. I have lost so many friends that I am very tentative to discuss things with my new friends that I really want to keep. There is probably someone out there, but my psychologist and psychiatrist are best right now. And DF, thx.

Comments welcome. Best to you today and in the moment,

Hi Kat,

I am in the same situation as you, I was diagnosed as having BPD traits, I fit just over half of the criteria. It confused me as I did not understand how I could have traits without having the full blown disorder. After reading more about I do find that aspects of it fits. I thought I would just let you know that you are not alone with this diagnosis and I would advise reading about it as it has helped me a lot.

x

I really thought I was going to cry when I read that and I feel like I might as I'm typing this because that is exactly how I've been feeling about myself this whole year. I was dx'd as bp and ADHD a long time ago but now, because of a lot of different things that have happened to me recently, those diagnosis just doesn't feel right.

Sorry, I don't know what else to say cos I'm at a loss for words at the moment.

Hi, I'm Megan. In my experience, Pdoc's hesitate to diagnose BPD because of its implications: namely childhood abuse. Many feel that if there was no physcial abuse, there should be no BPD. I wholeheartedly disagree with this. I had to go through a few Pdoc's until one acknowledged not only my PD's but that BPD was a major one that I suffer from. I was then able to get effective treatment. I feel that so many Pdoc's think that we want these diagnoses' to feel special or something, which really irriates me.