Do You Ever Feel Lost?

hennyhamster

I want to apologise for posting so many times recently but the support I receive here is just so helpful to me x

The problem is, I feel so lost right now, it was my birthday yesterday and I had been looking forward to it for so long and it helped me to cope having something to look forward to. I had a voluntary job which I loved, I was only there a few weeks but it gave me so much confidence and helped my depression so much, then I got in a relationship with a guy who occasionally works there and it all went wrong. He didn't treat me very well and i ended it. I was hoping that his interest in me would fade but still a month later he is still trying to win me back. Now I cannot face going back because I do not want to see him. My confidence has gone again. So all I am doing now is laying in bed every day feeling so down and like a lost soul and just don't know what to do anymore. I have looked for other voluntary work but can't find anything and think it is such a shame because I was so happy there to begin with. I have spoke in confidence to the manager who has been so great and wants me to continue voluteering there and says they are there if I ever need anything, I just do not feel strong enough to go back but that job made my life worth living..

Hi hennyhamster,

You are really in a very difficult situation and it is a real pity about your volunteer job.

I am sure that if you keep looking you will find another oner. Is there a volunteer bureau in your town? I used to volunteer a lot in the UK and there seemed to be lots of charity shops looking for helper.

I can understand why you cannot go back , but keep looking.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Hey hennyhamster, I hope you're doing better at this moment...

I can honestly say that it's a hard situation to deal with, but let's talk about it, would you exhaust yourself from searching and searching for other volunteering positions, and you may end up finding nothing, or take a clear decision and return to your old one, I know this is hard and even impossible due to your ex, if you really love your old volunteering position, then ask yourself, isn't it worth returning to it ? You may talk to your manager about not wanting to get in touch with your ex while working... I hope I was a bit helfpul...

r90

Thank you guys, i had seriously been thinking about returning to the shop the past couple of days, but then the ex started pestering me with messages on my phone, he wanted me to go to his for the weekend and I said i'm not interested, so he asked if i was seeing someone else, I replied that I am not and I just want to be alone because of my illness, so he sent me a rude message. I wasn't rude to him. I just don't know what to do now, I am feeling so low and finding it hard to get out of bed these days, I have little interest in anything anymore. I think maybe a trip to my GP may be in order, then to search for another voluntary job.

Thank you guys, i had seriously been thinking about returning to the shop the past couple of days, but then the ex started pestering me with messages on my phone, he wanted me to go to his for the weekend and I said i'm not interested, so he asked if i was seeing someone else, I replied that I am not and I just want to be alone because of my illness, so he sent me a rude message. I wasn't rude to him. I just don't know what to do now, I am feeling so low and finding it hard to get out of bed these days, I have little interest in anything anymore. I think maybe a trip to my GP may be in order, then to search for another voluntary job.

Hello, just wanted to chime in that I agree with you 100%, its my expressed opinion only but a. do go see your GP and b. I dont think you really want to be around this guy at all, I mean even if they tell this guy he is bordering on harassment which they *will* do, you will have to be around him some and I know I am vulnerable to *vibrations* from working with a negative employee and even if we dont talk, the tension *is* still there. It is a shame this happened, but it might be a good lesson learned that dont ever develope a relationship at work (please dont get mad its advice I think is good) because I have seen time and time again on DF people that get into relationships at work go bad and its always a bad situation once there is a breakup! Sounds like you have alot going for you so go to some other places to seek companionship! I wish you well, sounds like you have a plan of action, now please do follow through and get yourself out and about and have fun!

Thanks betteroff, it's ok I totally agree with your point about it being a bad idea to get involved with anyone at work. I knew it at the start but with me being so impulsive, I tend to do silly things! I have been sat feeling alone all day and then 2 dear friends of mine invite me out so feeling a little better.

My two Cents:

I don't think its fair that you have to quit a job you like because of this guy. Tell him to leave you alone or you'll call the cops on him. If he doesn't, call the police.

Steve.

Actually, I agree with Steve, and have a talk with your boss that you feel you are being harassed. This is *not* to be tolerated in the workplace and if you have any decent boss at all, they should protect you. I only suggested that you leave if after talking to the boss, the negativity of the workplace is too much for you to handle. Its wrong for him to drive you off...

Good Luck, I hope everything breaks your way... remember we can only offer opinions and advice, you must do what you think is in your best interests mentally and physically.

Thanks everyone, I shall be going to see the doctor this week and see if I can change my A/D, I really don't think that they suit me, hopefully the doc can give me something to ease this depression a little so then I can make a decision.

Hello, just wanted to say its *never* a good to make decisions when depressed, it effects our judgement and can taint our decision making prosess. Hang in there til you feel better and you may decide you can deal with the situaiton after all... I think this guy just pushed you beyond the cope factor you have. Get that re-established first.

Good Luck.