Sign in to follow this  
bottomless_empty

I'm A Loser

I practiced and practiced as much so that I could obtain my driverslicense today. first of all everything went great on my practical exam I only made 3 really small mistakes. The result is that I didn't get my driverslicense. The people who had to give me marks, rate how I was driving were smiling almost grinning when they told me I failed.

I've been crying for the whole day now. I feel that I'm just a loser and that I'll never get my license :(

I even did something I thought I would never do, scratch and self harm myself with a broken pen. I feel really miserable. I have a chance to try again next week, but then I'll miss alot of important lessons at school :(

I'm just pathetic :'(

Edited by jimbow15

I practiced and practiced as much so that I could obtain my driverslicense today. first of all everything went great on my practical exam I only made 3 really small mistakes. The result is that I didn't get my driverslicense. The people who had to give me marks, rate how I was driving were smiling almost grinning when they told me I failed.

I've been crying for the whole day now. I feel that I'm just a loser and that I'll never get my license :(

I even did something I thought I would never do, scratch and self harm myself with a broken pen. I feel really miserable. I have a chance to try again next week, but then I'll miss alot of important lessons at school :(

I'm just pathetic :'(

Hello, just wanted to say HI and please relax and dont panic. Alot of people dont make it the first time around. Just take the small amount of time to read through the drivers education manual again, make notes to yourself on things you think might be asked. This makes you double remember when a question hits. I always made notes and even reviewed them before taking the test, you should be able to figure out what is likely to be asked and what is not. Also take the time to practice with a family member driving some more. Especially parallel parking as it makes up a higher bit of your drivers test. They really are easy, just remember to dont panic when you get behind the wheel. Try and drive at a normal speed, i.e. not to fast, not to slow, observe the signs, and stop behind the stop signs, and all will be okay.

I know it can be scary at first getting behind the wheel, but really it becomes second nature to you pretty quickly, its like riding a bike, you may fall off the first time, but the second time its easier and the third time is easiest etc... You are *not* a failure, you are just one of hundreds of thousands who have to take it the second time, and probably if you study your drivers manual again, you will be far wiser the second time around.

Good Luck and keep us posted and keep that self-esteem up! You can do it and let us know when you get that liscence, I have every bit of confidence in you...

Hi bottomless_empty,

Sorry to hear that you did not pass your driving test. Don't beat yourself up over this as it one of those things that you will get to do again.

I know it is no fun after all your practice not to pass, but they are getting more strict as times go by , and they fail people for very minor errors.

So give yourself credit for only making minor errors that you won't make again.

Best Wishes

Jim Bow

Hi bottomless_empty,

I congratulate you on your courage.

You're 18 and taking your driver's license on your own accord. You worked hard and studied. You decided "I want my driver's license" and are working for it. You don't know how many people out there are too lazy or scared to even go get the driver's manual (I know a couple, and one just turned 22 and is still asking for rides). So for this, congratulations!

So you missed a few marks and didn't pass the test. You just gotta remember that everyday we're learning something new, and today you learned what you did wrong. Next time you take that test, you have today's lesson as your passenger.

I hope you feel better and find that courage to face them and show them that you can get that license!

Good luck! ^_^

Hi bottomless_empty

Please don't let this get you down. A drivers test is very hard to pass and it takes many people multiple attempts before they pass. They are incredibly strict on those tests. In time you will eventually pass it.

Trace

That's ok, I'll never forget what it's like. I failed 3 times in the summer of 2000

and barely got it at 4th try (but nobody knows that)

So what? You wouldn't believe how many people flunk these test and just don't tell anybody. Give yourself a break.

And by the way, i ve been driving for +10 years and never had an accident, so that really doesn't mean much, believe me.