Sign in to follow this  
Monchichi

Dry Eyes With Prozac?

Hello-

I have terrible chronic dry eyes and I'm hoping to find an anti-depressant that won't make the dry eyes worse. Did anyone find that Prozac caused your dry eyes or if it made your current dry eyes worse? Or, does anyone with a current dry eye condition find that Prozac DIDN'T make them worse?

I have tried both Celexa and Lexapro, both of which made the eyes worse (unbearably so). I have also tried Pristiq. Pristiq actually helped the depression/anxiety AND didn't make the dry eyes worse. However, I was so incredibly dizzy on Pristiq that I had to discontinue. :(

Anyone out there on Prozac with a previous condition of dry eyes?? Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I was started on 10mg of Prozac around 3 weeks ago and I have been waking up every morning with really bad dry eyes. They are so bad and burn all through the morning and I keep wanting to rub them until the really start to burn. I have always used eye drops, but they really got horribly dry since taking the Prozac. I am not sure what is going on. I have thought about discontinuing the Prozac because of this and going back to Cymbalta (which never gave me dry eyes; and helped motivate me), but Prozac really helps with anxiety and feeling calm. I am not sure what to do because the burning is really painful. I totally know what your mean though. IT really gets irritating.