You Know You'Re Borderline When...

... You have spent a whole 24/48hours not contacting anyone just hiding away in wonder if anyone would actually notice/miss you.

I get that, I'm off work sick at the moment and no-one knows, I can see the headline now "Body of woman found after 4 months...."

... You have spent a whole 24/48hours not contacting anyone just hiding away in wonder if anyone would actually notice/miss you.

I get that, I'm off work sick at the moment and no-one knows, I can see the headline now "Body of woman found after 4 months...."

SadUK, I understand how you are feeling and people here on DF really do care. Thinking of you.

Girly

For some reason, there came that thick empty hollow in your stomach on Friday, and lingered through out the weekend in everything you did. You'd thought you were okay; you felt fine, good even, the day before. Sometimes it seems you don't know where one emotion ends and the other begins, or if that void is actually always there, just with greater or lesser intensity.

Hmm...I'm reading these replies and nodding my head. I don't think I have BPD though ...:confusedread:

Hi Loneliness,

Welcome to the Personality Disorders room. You don't necessarily have to have borderline personality disorder to have some of the borderline traits. DF is a great place to come to, hope that you feel less lonely here.

Liliah you describe borderline personality disorder very eloquently. I hope that the void lessens for you.

Girly :hugs:

Hi, I'm new.

You over-contact someone, smother them with messages so much, even though you know they have mental health issues (love you one day, hate you the next), trigger them and encounter an awful, heartbreaking argument.

You then decide after lots of persuasion that you need to cut ties, but still have that horrible 'i might just text/email' thought in your head a lot...

Hate it.

Hi, I'm new.

You over-contact someone, smother them with messages so much, even though you know they have mental health issues (love you one day, hate you the next), trigger them and encounter an awful, heartbreaking argument.

You then decide after lots of persuasion that you need to cut ties, but still have that horrible 'i might just text/email' thought in your head a lot...

Hate it.

Hi and welcome! You'll find lots of lovely people and support on here!

I have this at the moment with someone and it's hard. But I am doing what is right for me and cutting them out... at least that is my plan today, tomorrow I'll do my own head in wondering if it's the right thing to do! :boredsmiley:

.... when you started reading all the replies, loved them for being an accurate description of you, had a nice chuckle, started to get very bored, got annoyed with the boredom, got p***** off with the people posting (sorry guys!), felt sorry for beng p***** for absolutely no reason, decided you want to reply, didn't know what to reply, replied, felt very anxious about how people are going to view your reply.

blah

Hi Natzini and ellymerryweather, good to have you here.

I know the thing. A guy asks you out and you go for a meal. The guy is totally too nice for you so you tell them why. The guy then gets the message that a friendship is what is required. But there is still a bit of disappointment! The friendship then becomes a worry. Any friendship with anyone becomes a huge worry. If someone doesn't reply to a text it is taken as a rejection. I'm working on Mentalization. Thinking about what others think about me and holding onto those thoughts in a positive way.

It is getting easier, for me I internalized too much and was hospitalised. Finding the right balance is important.

Edited by Girly

You know all the stuff about the end of the world today was unrealistic but still worried yourself stupid over it every alternate minute of the day, to the point you've been checking timezones for 6pm and what's happening around the world and still at 6.10pm are thinking aaaah but maybe all my clocks are wrong, or maybe they meant 6pm in america? which part of america? What time will it be here when the rest of the world has hit 6pm?....

.... and you know full well you'll go through the same thing next year with the stuff about the Maayan calendar.

:broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

you're doing schoolwork for the first time in months because the new meds seem to be working (yay), then your computer restarts on its own mid-writing and you get so frustrated with the though of having lost your work the first thing you do is go on DF to calm down so you wouldn't start shouting

thanks r90, made me smile :)

I was just hysterical crying and ranting because the unemployment office website was down and could not process my claim, and thus tomorrow I have the great pleasure of first going to my intensive outpatient program at the hospital and then immediately engaging in what is sure to be a bureaucratic nightmare. Approximately a half an hour later, I was dancing and singing to Lady Gaga.

Holy BPD mood swings! Sometimes, you just gotta laugh.

You know you're borderline when...

After watching TV or movies, you need to remind yourself of what's real and what is not.

I can completely relate to this...My boyfriend doesn't understand why I can't watch horror movies without having a panic attack...it's because I think WAY too much about it and put myself in the sufferer's shoes.

Thank you! Someone else who feels the same way I do...

For some reason, there came that thick empty hollow in your stomach on Friday, and lingered through out the weekend in everything you did. You'd thought you were okay; you felt fine, good even, the day before. Sometimes it seems you don't know where one emotion ends and the other begins, or if that void is actually always there, just with greater or lesser intensity.

I totally relate, even if I don

Hi Hopelessgirl, it is good that you know what triggers you. Take care with the driving.

Helium remember you don't have to have borderline personality disorder to experience some of the symptoms.

:hugs: Girly

You know you're borderline when you, out of sudden, start experiencing those feelings of insecurity and fear of a world full of lies and hypocrites to eventually end up deeply depressed...

You walk around in a weird feeling all day unable to shake off a dream you had that felt so weird and wanting to contact people who were in the dream even though you havent seen them in ten years just because of how they were in the dream.